Beerstm

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Chan Gailey is an outstanding hire.

Marty ball (my choice) , but Gailey is a much better O.C. than Brian S.

Cowher- his teams were loaded with talent, he blew lots of games.

Shanahan- most "dead money" in NFL 2009 ( + $29 mil)

Frazier- Tampon 2 defense....no thanks.

Fewell- Tampon 2

Grimm, Harbaugh, Brian Schotty, Rivera.....NO EXPERIENCE.

Why did nobody in the league or the media have him on their short lists if he's that outstanding?

those NO Experience coordinatrs inspire the sh-t out of their players, get productions and get the fans excited...look at fatty on the Jets....hes a freaking party on whels....I hate the Jets but I live in NYC and he even got the Giants fans all riled up about football. Coughlin is a SB winner and looks like death with a headset compared to the fat jolly guy.

I cannot say that about Gregg Williams, Mularkey, Wade, DJ.....and of course CHAN...they looked conservative and lame from the get-go

The Bills needed someone with a freaking fire in his belly...AND THE TALENT TO MATCH...every coordiantor you mentioned, and Cowher....match that profile...

You are being overly sensitive...I mean, we are talking about a game here, not your kids or family. Its not that serious for one...

Second, who cares what they say...let them talk, it will just be that more satisfying when we get this ship turned around assuming Gailey works out.

Third, part of sports is ribbing on your friends, co-workers, etc whenever you can. Roll with it, why be embarrased? I was all over friends who are Eagles fans after they got destroyed and at least they were in the playoffs...same with my friends who are Cowboy fans...part of the game...(funny thing is that even though I live in Southern California I dont have any friends who are Chargers fans to make fun of...lmao)

Fourth, from what I am being told Gailey is pretty highly respected in NFL circles and amongst his peers. Sure he wasnt a sexy choice, so the media is going to pile on...but now that the dust has settled and we know a little bit more about him he doesnt look so bad. Lets give him a chance to do something here before we condem him like the media.

I think what is pissing everyone off is that Gailey wasn't even supposed to be A choice.

Chan Gailey is an outstanding hire.

Marty ball (my choice) , but Gailey is a much better O.C. than Brian S.

Cowher- his teams were loaded with talent, he blew lots of games.

Shanahan- most "dead money" in NFL 2009 ( + $29 mil)

Frazier- Tampon 2 defense....no thanks.

Fewell- Tampon 2

Grimm, Harbaugh, Brian Schotty, Rivera.....NO EXPERIENCE.

Wow, the rationalization in this post is astounding.

ha ha, Charlotte. No character, just nice lawns.

Reminds me of the old expression about Rochester (no offense), which applies equally to Charlotte - a couple of parking garages surrounded by suburbs.

I'll get my hat ...

Charlotte is coming around. The Center city is far more than a "couple of parking garages surrounded by suburbs". It's actually a very nice city to live in. But the social fabric of the city is not sewn tight like it is in Buffalo, because nobody in Charlotte is originally FROM Charlotte.

...and there is NO good pizza here.

SSDD. I'm numb over this. I could care less who coaches, what they wear on the sideline, headset or not. If they pick better players, make the weak ones we already have PRACTICE WITH PADS during camp, find a new strength & conditioning coach, and win a few more f**king games!!!

HOLY S**T. Where's the Tylenol?

As much as I don't like the Gailey hiring, I would take him over Carroll every time. Really bad move on Seattle's part, IMO.

Didn't one of the worst Bills teams in years beat Carolina this season?? Those guys have NO reason to be laughing. Their front office is a mess and their coaching situation isn't much better than ours was going into last season.

I'm not going all out trying to defend the hire, but really who cares? If you're pissed about the hire, fine. Don't be pissed cause of stupid comments about the hire. That's just childish.

Yes they did! I was there. Great game! I met a lot of great Bills fans who deserve a lot better than the Crap One Bills drive has given them the past 10 years!

ESPN- Seattle and Buffalo choose two former College coaches to lead their teams. However, the names Pete Carroll and Chan Galey just don't sound the same (add laughter).

Headline News- A bill board doesn't buy what it used to. The Bills fans pulled thier resources to try to get Cowher, but landed Chan Galey. But have been a clearence advertisement.

NFL network- laughing at Nix for saying there were 15 calls from coaches who wanted to be in Buffalo, but somehow they actually answered when Chan called LOL.

Charlotte, NC radio- fans calling in just mocking this decision blaming it on the cold weather and the snow.

Charlotte Sports TV news- In other news, the Bills lost out on Cowher and had to settle for Chan. What else do you expect from a team that has to leave the country to find fans. *laughing "Maybe Canadians will think Galey is Cowher."

These are just a few reports I have seen. Other TV clips have been of Nix just sounding foolish. When Nix made his little comment about Buffalo not being Oakland, the newscaster said, "Your right Buddy. People actually want to live and work in Oakland, even if it is for Al."

I'm known as a Bills fan. My office is full of Buffalo Bills stuff. I'm embarassed to evern be associated with this mess. What a slap in the face.

What I don't understand is that some of you foolish fans will be more upset at this post, than what happend today @ One Bills Drive.

For those Spelling and Grammer Nazi's on TBD, I have made several spelling and gramatical mistkes in this post. Can you find them?

My point: True Bills fans shouls be embarased and insulted by what has taken place this year @ One Bills Drive.

Nope. This true Bills fan knows we hired a coach, granted not the fashionable pick, but a coach that HAS coached team into the playoffs, been to the Superbowl as an OC and has a winning record. All of that, we haven't seen in 10-16 years. Give the guy break.

when you really worry about what others think of you BECAUSE OF THE FOOTBALLTEAM YOU ROOT FOR - then you are in real trouble and have lost all sense of reality

This aint "my team"...I dont own them. They are simply my chosen team to root for.

Lose the deep emotional connection to your favorite sports team and enjoy them for what they are...some Sunday entertainment and a vehicle to spend good times with family and friends, win or lose.

Try it......Its quite liberating to do.

Ummm... You must not be from Buffalo. Everyone rips on the area, even if they can't point it out on a map. I love this place, and can care less what people from Charlotte think.

I've been all over this country, and the crap stinks everywhere.

I moved from Buffalo years ago! I'm glad I did. And yes crap does stink everywhere, but in most places outside of Buffalo, you clean it up and get rid of it. You don't just put up with people dumping it in your home and eventually get used to the smell!

This aint "my team"...I dont own them. They are simply my chosen team to root for.

Lose the deep emotional connection to your favorite sports team and enjoy them for what they are...some Sunday entertainment and a vehicle to spend good times with family and friends, win or lose.

Try it......Its quite liberating to do.

Wow, two born losers! It doesn't matter if you win or lose right.... It just matters how drunk you get eh?

Try expecting greatness.... It's quite rewarding.

I live in Charlotte. My desk is littered with Bills stuff. The guy that sits next to me is a Bills fan too. People laughed out loud at us today.

LAUGHED OUT LOUD.

Ever visit the Tavern in Fort Mill? Great Bills backers club there!

ESPN- Seattle and Buffalo choose two former College coaches to lead their teams. However, the names Pete Carroll and Chan Galey just don't sound the same (add laughter).

Headline News- A bill board doesn't buy what it used to. The Bills fans pulled thier resources to try to get Cowher, but landed Chan Galey. But have been a clearence advertisement.

NFL network- laughing at Nix for saying there were 15 calls from coaches who wanted to be in Buffalo, but somehow they actually answered when Chan called LOL.

Charlotte, NC radio- fans calling in just mocking this decision blaming it on the cold weather and the snow.

Charlotte Sports TV news- In other news, the Bills lost out on Cowher and had to settle for Chan. What else do you expect from a team that has to leave the country to find fans. *laughing "Maybe Canadians will think Galey is Cowher."

These are just a few reports I have seen. Other TV clips have been of Nix just sounding foolish. When Nix made his little comment about Buffalo not being Oakland, the newscaster said, "Your right Buddy. People actually want to live and work in Oakland, even if it is for Al."

I'm known as a Bills fan. My office is full of Buffalo Bills stuff. I'm embarassed to evern be associated with this mess. What a slap in the face.

What I don't understand is that some of you foolish fans will be more upset at this post, than what happend today @ One Bills Drive.

For those Spelling and Grammer Nazi's on TBD, I have made several spelling and gramatical mistkes in this post. Can you find them?

My point: True Bills fans shouls be embarased and insulted by what has taken place this year @ One Bills Drive.

You missed one. ESPN radio played Nix ranting about the "15 calls a day" and his comment on Oakland. They are calling him Slim Pickens ... some people think it is funny and so do I.

There is just something about Buddy that I like. He Reminds me of a Southern-style Polian but without the charm school training.

Yes I am completely outraged by people like you, but I am not gonna get into it. The guy is a winner. Troy Aikmen this that Troy Aikmen was over rated his O-line was great. I guess I got into it a little.

bill cowher said this:“He’s very passionate and he’s an unbelievable competitor,” Cowher said. “He’ll leave no stone unturned. He will not accept mediocrity. Being around him I always thought I was a competitive guy, but he might be more competitive than I am. He’s a very driven coach and very thorough and a great fit for the organization.”

screw the rest. marvin lewis was a hot prospect and it has taken him a long time to get to the playoffs...spags was the 'it' guy and how'd that go? josh mcdaniel was practically jauron worthy shooting hot out of the box and ending up on the far end of the couch watching the playoffs with marshawn and the boys. tony sparano rode a porpoise to respectability in the blink of an eye and second year took two steps back. rex ryan, the poster boy for new coaches, took plenty of lumps along the way this year.

come on. it's like a big bowl of soup. you put in the right ingredients and cook up some gumbo. the real question isn't what can gailey do? it's what kind of gumbo gailey and nix (and the rest) can cook up. give 'em a chance, don't worry about what some d-bag from the courier express of charlotte has to say.

besides, why would you be embarrassed about a football team?

You missed one. ESPN radio played Nix ranting about the "15 calls a day" and his comment on Oakland. They are calling him Slim Pickens ... some people think it is funny and so do I.

There is just something about Buddy that I like. He Reminds me of a Southern-style Polian but without the charm school training.

To the original Poster: Carrol already failed on the NFL level where Gailey has awinning record unless you think Spurrier had a great tenure with the Redskins college success isn't that big of a deal. Although Gailey has a winning record there as well. I would have loved to see Cowher but it didn't happen get over it people.

What is there to be outraged about? Today is an absolute embarassment on every level.