Would Gailey have accepted our OC position?

murra

Question:  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that Gailey would've accepted an OC position with a head coach like Grimm or Frazier?

• Yes
    • No

I'm not a master salesman, but I have a funny feeling that the negotiating skills are so bad at OBD, that they didn't realize they had a two for the price of one opportunity with this guy. Who else thinks Gailey for HC is the biggest reach since John McCargo was made a first round selection?

He's the biggest reach since Jauron. We've been sucky for a decade. This doesn't make us better, I think, but it probably doesn't make us worse.

I'd agree that it probably doesn't make it worse. I think though that it's inexplicable for him to be named an NFL HC. I don't care what people will try to say about the state of our franchise and whatnot, this guy probably would've accepted the HC for the UB Bulls (I'm only partially joking), and most certainly would have accepted, say the OC position at USC, Notre Dame, or any big NCAA Schools with vacant OC positions (I'm not joking at all).

I'm not a master salesman, but I have a funny feeling that the negotiating skills are so bad at OBD, that they didn't realize they had a two for the price of one opportunity with this guy. Who else thinks Gailey for HC is the biggest reach since John McCargo was made a first round selection?

He's the biggest reach since Jauron. We've been sucky for a decade. This doesn't make us better, I think, but it probably doesn't make us worse.

From the ridiculous to the ridiculouser. Just when you think this fanbase can't get any more demoralized after four years of Directionless Jauron, along comes this bit of "outstanding" news. Chan Gailey? Really, Ralph?? I just threw up a little in my mouth. Thirty-two teams in the league and this is the franchise that's in my blood. Holy cripes.

From the ridiculous to the ridiculouser. Just when you think this fanbase can't get any more demoralized after four years of Directionless Jauron, along comes this bit of "outstanding" news. Chan Gailey? Really, Ralph?? I just threw up a little in my mouth. Thirty-two teams in the league and this is the franchise that's in my blood. Holy cripes.

Yeah it's unreal. When I heard the news, I was told to guess it from someone who knew and was telling me.

Their hint was: It's not someone mentioned by the media.

That got my hairs rising on my back. I was excited. Surely, since the media has only been mentioning mediocre assistants this is a BIG name. Then he told me. I thought he said Garry Galley at first.

It depends if Fraizer would sign on to be a HC with Gaily as OC. I am sure Gaily would jump at it, not sure how Fraizer would feel about it.

That's what I'm talking about. Not the logistics of whether or not it would work out that he'd be hired, but rather, would Gailey be satisfied with just the OC position. I'm leaning towards a massive YES.

That's what I'm talking about. Not the logistics of whether or not it would work out that he'd be hired, but rather, would Gailey be satisfied with just the OC position. I'm leaning towards a massive YES.

Exactly. I mean, if he took an OC position at KC and didn't last, he would jump at OC position here.

Maybe because he has a track record of success at coaching?

Wow. I didn't think you'd support this move KD. Interesting. So what track record of success are you referring to, exactly? Zero superbowl championships, zero BCS bowl championships, never having an offense ranked in the top 5 in the league.

I don't mean to snippy, but really, I would like you to talk me into liking this guy.

Maybe because he has a track record of success at coaching?

Dude that was the late 90s (cowboys), with his most succesful season at GT being a 9 win season (2006) - not much to brag about in todays ACC. Coaches, just like everything else in life, have their time at the top. Gaileys seems to be over a decade ago.

No one else would take the job, thats my thinking.