The best HC candidate may not be the coach

Kingfish

Hiring an emotional, offensive minded coach who will install a 3-4 defense has just as much of a chance ending up in failure as hiring a calm, defensive minded coach who will keep our 4-3 defense. The 3-4 defense isn't some silver bullet either. The Browns, Chiefs, and Dolphins had worse defenses with the Bills while the Steelers, Broncos, and Cardinals only averaged 0.01 points allowed per game less than the Bills and their reviled Tampa 2 scheme.

Hiring an emotional, offensive minded coach who will install a 3-4 defense has just as much of a chance ending up in failure as hiring a calm, defensive minded coach who will keep our 4-3 defense. The 3-4 defense isn't some silver bullet either. The Browns, Chiefs, and Dolphins had worse defenses with the Bills while the Steelers, Broncos, and Cardinals only averaged 0.01 points allowed per game less than the Bills and their reviled Tampa 2 scheme.

You make a good point. There's not just one style of coaching. Some show emotion like Cowher or Singletary and others show none. Belichek has been kicking our ass for years,and he's about as emotionless as they come. It's understandable to me why people here are hoping for a guy that shows some emotion. Everybody is tired of the emotionless act after Jauron,and change is always exciting. But in the end I hope they just hire a guy that will win in Buffalo,whether he shows emotion or not.

Good players make the 4-3 work. Good players make the 3-4 work. We don't have enough good players.

I firmly believe that we actually do have good players on D, and that their progressions of talent and stardom have been held-back thanks to the Tampon-2 scheme. It is a scheme that is rarely successful. Tampon Bay Bucs had Warren Sapp. Who's our Warren Sapp?

I firmly believe that we actually do have good players on D, and that their progressions of talent and stardom have been held-back thanks to the Tampon-2 scheme. It is a scheme that is rarely successful. Tampon Bay Bucs had Warren Sapp. Who's our Warren Sapp?

They also had Simeon Rice, Derrick Brooks, Ronde Barber, Booger McFarland, John Lynch and Brian Kelly.

While I am not a big fan of the Tampa two. You make a good point. In addition ,considering all of the obstalces facing teams this off season reworking two untis would seem impossible. I would also add that you can play a 43 in many variations and, wait for it with players that do not all weigh 220 pounds. In fact teams playing the 3 4 are complaining becasue they are having problems finidng players to fit their system .