I really like the possibility of Frazier as HC

DarthICE

Guys I got no problem with him being HC. He has been an up and comer that has been VERY Well thought of in NFL Circles for awhile. Some fans are afraid of him running the Tampa 2. What I see from Frazier is a COVER 2 secondary but that is it. He likes BIG linemen and he likes to bring the heat with LB's. That isn't a conventional Tampa 2.

There was some rumor he would try to get Saunders to come in as his OC. That would be awsome! That guy can put together some damn good offenses that take plenty of shots down field. I think we would be in damn good shape with this combo. My only question is, OL, DL and QB coaches. But I am sure that will pan out.

Draft:

We need a QB, no way around it. If we get a strength and conditioning coach worth a damn, and Wood comes back we can get by this year on the OL. Bell played ok at LT, Wood, Hangman and Levetre did well in the middle. RT is still a ? But Overall workable. Now if Okung is there at 9 by some Miracle...well you just can't pass on him.

If we don't have a QB on the board worth #9 (and I still think Bradford is a steal there) then I hope we can land McCoy the DT from OU (again if Okung isn't there). Suh is out of the question, he is gone in the top 5 picks unless we move up. McCoy, NOT Suh, was rated #1 coming into the season. McCoy would have been a high first last year if he had come out. Bottom line we can't go wrong here.

I know some want LB. I say no way. QB's run this league. If you don't have a good one, you are screwed. Time to get a good QB in here. Next are the lines. For those wanting a LB, you gotta have a line in front of him. If by some miracle we sign some stud DT in Free agency and upgrade DE Then maybe the LB from Bama might fit, but not at the cost of losing a potential franchise QB.

It will get interesting that is for sure. I just hope Nix has final say on all draft decisions. If so I feel we will have one of the better drafts in a long time.

I'm behind Frazier all the way. Except for this: it forces me to do a terrible, awful thing tomorrow:

Go Cowboys!

Nah I want to see them win the superbowl. If The Vikings do AND we hire Frazier then the National media is all about us making the right decision blah blah blah.

Great post. I have been curious about the best strategy to take as well. If they determine there is a QB to build around at 9, do you take him or do you complete the Oline once and for all. You cannot win consistantly without a good QB. I think the team is more than a one year rebuild, so I would take the QB now and let him be groomed. One possibility would be to use Levitre at LT and let Hangman, Wood and Incognito man the middle. Butler remains the RT. The big question is can they remain healthy.

As for defense, I would target a LB in free agency and draft one along with a DT.

The team has so many holes at major positions.

Great post. I have been curious about the best strategy to take as well. If they determine there is a QB to build around at 9, do you take him or do you complete the Oline once and for all. You cannot win consistantly without a good QB. I think the team is more than a one year rebuild, so I would take the QB now and let him be groomed. One possibility would be to use Levitre at LT and let Hangman, Wood and Incognito man the middle. Butler remains the RT. The big question is can they remain healthy.

As for defense, I would target a LB in free agency and draft one along with a DT.

The team has so many holes at major positions.

6'3 238, winning QB with good college stats. How is his arm strength?

I've come around on the possibility of Frazier becoming our next HC. He sounds like an impressive guy.

I guess we should all look at this in the most positive light possible. If there were no big name candidates available this year (Cowher), we would all be pretty pumped about having the pick of the litter which is Frazier and maybe Garrett. I would really be surprised if it went to Grimm at this point. If you were OBD would you feel very good about a guy who appears to be on the fence?

In a different year under different circumstances we might all be thrilled about who we have a shot at. Its all relative. We are all finally getting over our collective Cowher hangover!

Nah I want to see them win the superbowl. If The Vikings do AND we hire Frazier then the National media is all about us making the right decision blah blah blah.

I'm pulling for the NFC teams in this one as well. I usually side with the AFC unless it's Pittsburgh or Oakland, but this year I just can't bring myself to pull for any of the remaining AFC squads.

I like the idea of Frazier as well. I'm not sure who is available out there that would be positional coaches to hire, but one thing for sure is they need to bring in a very good and respected strength and conditioning coach. I know this has been said before, but ever since Rusty Jones left, this team has had more injuries and players put on IR. Maybe some of it has had to do with the fact that training camp under DJ was Shangri-la in the summer. Maybe the players themselves haven't been with the program either and taking it easy. Either way, this team needs someone to shake the rust off of the players, and get them and keep them in football condition to play.

Guys I got no problem with him being HC. He has been an up and comer that has been VERY Well thought of in NFL Circles for awhile. Some fans are afraid of him running the Tampa 2. What I see from Frazier is a COVER 2 secondary but that is it. He likes BIG linemen and he likes to bring the heat with LB's. That isn't a conventional Tampa 2.

There was some rumor he would try to get Saunders to come in as his OC. That would be awsome! That guy can put together some damn good offenses that take plenty of shots down field. I think we would be in damn good shape with this combo. My only question is, OL, DL and QB coaches. But I am sure that will pan out.

Draft:

We need a QB, no way around it. If we get a strength and conditioning coach worth a damn, and Wood comes back we can get by this year on the OL. Bell played ok at LT, Wood, Hangman and Levetre did well in the middle. RT is still a ? But Overall workable. Now if Okung is there at 9 by some Miracle...well you just can't pass on him.

If we don't have a QB on the board worth #9 (and I still think Bradford is a steal there) then I hope we can land McCoy the DT from OU (again if Okung isn't there). Suh is out of the question, he is gone in the top 5 picks unless we move up. McCoy, NOT Suh, was rated #1 coming into the season. McCoy would have been a high first last year if he had come out. Bottom line we can't go wrong here.

I know some want LB. I say no way. QB's run this league. If you don't have a good one, you are screwed. Time to get a good QB in here. Next are the lines. For those wanting a LB, you gotta have a line in front of him. If by some miracle we sign some stud DT in Free agency and upgrade DE Then maybe the LB from Bama might fit, but not at the cost of losing a potential franchise QB.

It will get interesting that is for sure. I just hope Nix has final say on all draft decisions. If so I feel we will have one of the better drafts in a long time.

It might night matter because he is the only one who seems interested . I say left tackle , move up if we can get okung. Put the line , then fill as many holes as we can and then next offseason can be all about the q.b position . Trade for onel or trade up in the draft to get the one you realy want. I do not think bradford or Claussen merit the investment

I agree that he has the making of a great HC. Seems to connect with the players and has been successful everywhere he has been as a player, HC in college and position and DC on the pros.

He WANTS the job so I say hire the guy and if B Schotty and R Grimm think they are too good to come here then screw 'em. Beat them on the field and have a good year with Frazier. From all accounts B Nix loved the guy and the interview. This defense is a player or two away from a great defense. We had a top 3 pass defense. Bring in a big run stuffer and a LB and we really could have a great D.

Draft:

iceman - great post. i actually would like him to be our next hc. and i know this will get me drilled but i think we will be more successful with him here than the chin, son of schotts or billihickup. he is a tough minded, demanding coach who inspires players to play better.