Let's hire D. Capers; he naps during games

:worthy:

That was a few seconds. A lot of people close their eyes to visualize --- not the least of which would be football coaches who have to "see" what a formation should be. With eyes open, there's too much stimuli to visualize.

Unless there's drooling, snoring or a giant startle-wake, a lot of the stories about X was sleeping during Y is spurious. It often is a tool for concentrating better.

:worthy:

Unless there's drooling, snoring or a giant startle-wake, a lot of the stories about X was sleeping during Y is spurious. It often is a tool for concentrating better.

Did you watch the clip? He nodded off and definitely had a "startle-wake" ... then tried to cover it up with a "Dang, I'm pissed off!" move. Watch again and look at the coach next to him; it's almost like he didn't buy Capers' cover-up attempt.

Did you watch the clip? He nodded off and definitely had a "startle-wake" ... then tried to cover it up with a "Dang, I'm pissed off!" move. Watch again and look at the coach next to him; it's almost like he didn't buy Capers' cover-up attempt.

Yeah the assistant is like Dude what are you pissed about we are on offense

Yeah the assistant is like Dude what are you pissed about we are on offense

Exactly, that's the classic move we all make if we should nod off in a meeting, class, etc. after burning the midnight oil for one reason or another. Make it look like we meant to flinch/nod the head.

Great commentary on the clip by that DVR-savvy Packerfan.

LMFAO!!!

I totally agree with your take on the video. I'm 99-100% sure he fell asleep, even if only for a moment. It was one of those "nano-naps."

It's kinda like that move we did when we were kids where you tripped a bit while you were walking...and just in case anyone happened to see it...broke out into a trot...as if the little trip was just your way of kicking it into a higher gear.