Haitian Earthquake

Chef Jim

The biggest quakes I've gone through was the 7.3 Landers followed by the 6.5 Big Bear Quake. Both ironically on the same day. I couldn't imagine a 9.2.

Well I didn't live here at the time but I know a lot of people who did and have heard some interesting story's.What is really incredible is that it went on for 5 minutes

Worst I ever felt was a 7.6 and and as luck would have it I was in a liquor store with glass bottles on shelves from floor to ceiling. What where the odds? I never go to liquor stores :lol::blink:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I didn't live here at the time but I know a lot of people who did and have heard some interesting story's.What is really incredible is that it went on for 5 minutes

Worst I ever felt was a 7.6 and and as luck would have it I was in a liquor store with glass bottles on shelves from floor to ceiling. What where the odds? I never go to liquor stores :lol::blink:

God was sending you a message.

;)

Shows how construction and depth makes a difference. 22 miles off the CA coast. Near Eureka, there was a 6.5 on Saturday. Some people got hurt, not real serious, but no one died. The CA one was 30 miles deep instead of 6 miles like the Haiti one.

Shows how construction and depth makes a difference. 22 miles off the CA coast. Near Eureka, there was a 6.5 on Saturday. Some people got hurt, not real serious, but no one died. The CA one was 30 miles deep instead of 6 miles like the Haiti one.

Notice you see zero twisted rebar in the destroyed Haiti buildings.