Leslie Frazier is leader for the Bills head coaching job.

as per Rotoworld:

according to SI.com's Jim Trotter, Vikings defense coordinator Leslie Frazier is the clubhouse leader for the Bills head coaching job.

Frazier reportedly "blew away" new Bills GM Buddy Nix in his interview. He employs the same Tampa 2-style defense that Perry Fewell ran, so he wouldn't have to completely rebuild on that side of the ball. Trotter also reports that Frazier will still interview in Seattle because Pete Carroll has not been promised full control of the Seahawks. Jan. 9 - 12:34 pm et

as per Rotoworld:

according to SI.com's Jim Trotter, Vikings defense coordinator Leslie Frazier is the clubhouse leader for the Bills head coaching job.

Frazier reportedly "blew away" new Bills GM Buddy Nix in his interview. He employs the same Tampa 2-style defense that Perry Fewell ran, so he wouldn't have to completely rebuild on that side of the ball. Trotter also reports that Frazier will still interview in Seattle because Pete Carroll has not been promised full control of the Seahawks. Jan. 9 - 12:34 pm et

Oh no, another interview warrior.

Why would Frazier still interview in Seattle because Caroll wasn't given full control?? Are they looking at him as a GM or a co-ordinator?

I wouldn't have a problem with him as a Head Coach here. Good coaches have to start somewhere and with him running the same/similar defence, it would allow the Bills to focus where they need the most improvement, the offence, while they bring in a few more pieces to improve the defence and not have to start all over with a defence thats been "good enough" to be a playoff team.

the Tampa-2 can be a successful defence, and Frazier has seen it work and knows whats needed (How many people here would be ecstatic with a defensive line consisting of guys like Williams in the middle?)

as per Rotoworld:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?showtopic=105239

Thief! Thief! Stole my thread!

Can I just say that if they go get another freaking coordinator that "blew them away" in an interview, they better shell out the big bucks for players. I have zero patience for being told once again we have to be economical. I agree we need to build through the draft and that's the key to success, but if there are great free agents out there or respectable trades, we need to make those happen. No Derek Dockerys either LOL. But this also applies to our draft picks.

Maybe I'm delusional, and you all will call me an a-hole if I'm wrong which I fully expect, but it seems our first round draft picks hold out every year because they are trying to nickel and dime him down to the lowest possible pay grade. When it comes to training camp I can't imagine something more important for a rookie to be a part of, yet every year our signature draft pick misses most of it. This crap has to end, especially if they are going to low ball us on a coach again.

Can I just say that if they go get another freaking coordinator that "blew them away" in an interview, they better shell out the big bucks for players. I have zero patience for being told once again we have to be economical. I agree we need to build through the draft and that's the key to success, but if there are great free agents out there or respectable trades, we need to make those happen. No Derek Dockerys either LOL. But this also applies to our draft picks.

Maybe I'm delusional, and you all will call me an a-hole if I'm wrong which I fully expect, but it seems our first round draft picks hold out every year because they are trying to nickel and dime him down to the lowest possible pay grade. When it comes to training camp I can't imagine something more important for a rookie to be a part of, yet every year our signature draft pick misses most of it. This crap has to end, especially if they are going to low ball us on a coach again.

Maybin was really the only notable holdout in recent memory. And it's not like he deserved any more money than he got.

If they hire Frazier than I am totally done. I hate that defense. It's the worst. It's like an aggressive prevent. Everyone thinks Frazier is good because of the Vikings' D....well I got news for you: With that DL, I COULD COACH THAT DEFENSE.

REDICULOUS. BILLS SUCK MAN. DISGUSTED.

Maybin was really the only notable holdout in recent memory. And it's not like he deserved any more money than he got.

Maybin should have gave money back after his rookie year! In all seriousness, maybe he took too long to sign, because the coaching staff realized he wasn't the player they had hoped that he would be. It was reported during training camp, that Maybin was getting thrown around by OL who didn't even make the final 53. Dick Jauron said himself, "I didn't expect to see much out of him." after the Detroit preseason game.

Frazier may be a fine coordinator but Perry probably could have done the same with the talent he had at his disposal so Frazier=Fewel.

More importantly is the status he comes in with. As a Bills fan since they came into the league I recall the difference a Knox or Saban made when they arrived from a credability standpoint. Cowher will bring that credability. Along with that credabilty is the attraction of quality coordinators........Frazier not so much.

Will Frazier be able to overrule Nix, Modrak or RB on picks, trades or free agents..... Cowher more so than Frazier. What about budget? I don't think Frazier will have nearly the budget. Frazier will be limited where Cowher will be less so.

If they hire Frazier, the odds are so great against success that Wilson will lose some of the fan base on hiring, more as we go down that rebuilding/losing process and quite possibly Wilson never sees another winning season.

Wilson needs to go all out and make Cowher an offer he can't refuse. With Cowher, or even Billick you have a chance because of the coordinators (teachers) they will attract, free agents they will attract and the overall experience and credability they bring.

Ralph, make the right choice, your family will have plenty of money when you're gone. You will never have an opportunity like this again.

(How many people here would be ecstatic with a defensive line consisting of guys like Williams in the middle?)

what does that have to do with anything? just because he coached them? he wasnt responsible for bringing either player to Minnesota, they were both there when he got there

the Tampa 2 is a horrible scheme that we have all seen enough of

How did it go for the last team that hired the Vikings defensive coordinator?

Yes, because the two coaches are exactly the same in philosophy of building a team and coaching players. What a previous coordinator has done has nothing to do with how Frazier will be as a coach.

How did it go for the last team that hired the Vikings defensive coordinator?

yeah, must be nice taking over the team that just won the super bowl with a front office that has been able to field a team that has remained competitive for as long as they have

its not like Tomlin went there and had to rebuild either side of the ball or even implement his own defense

he has a super bowl ring but he has now coached two teams that have won super bowl and lost at home in the first round the first time and missed the playoffs entirely the second

if it wasnt for Ben making plays and a defense that isnt even his own scheme and he doesnt even coach being as good as they were would he even have a ring?

Tomlin winning the super bowl last year is no different then Switzer when he won his

Every year Bills draft picks miss time.

Maybin was inexcusable, as was Bird

there is no excuse not to have all players in camp on time. The bills front office is just letting the other teams do the work to set the wages for the other draft slots.

REALITY CHECK FOLKS!!!

Bad idea to bring in Frazier. He might be an appropriate choice for a team that is established, as was were the Steelers when they brought in Tomlin. The Steelers already had damn good core vets like Harrison, Roethlisberger, Ward Hampton, Polomalu, etc. The Bills do not. Also, the Tampa 2 will not work in Buffalo, unless they cap the Ralph. Nix said as much in his interview with Chris Brown when he indicated the Colts were built for indoors with a small defense that's based on speed. He said that's why the Chargers had know problem matching up with them. So, he wants a bigger D and a QB that has the arm to cut through the wind and the sometimes harsh Buffalo weather.

The Bills new HC has to rebuild this team... and right off the bat, they have no one that's even adequate at QB. Frazier would come in himself learning on the job. Frazier knows zip about offense, developing a QB, or putting a playoff team together. he inherited a defense with The Williams boys, good DEs, Henderson, Greenway at LBs, Winfield at CB... he's riding the wave. I would be a HC candidate with that defense.

If Frazier is HC... more of the same koolaid the FO has been pushing for the past decade.

Hopefully Frazier is just a diversion for the media while the Bills continue their pursuit of Cowher