Pete Carroll ACCEPTS deal with Seattle

papazoid

You know, in some way I think that is a major bummer for college football, and for USC.

Carroll built a great program in SoCal, and he has created a modern day legacy that should he remain could mirror the legacies of Joe Paterno of Penn State and Bowden in FSU.

60 minutes did an interesting piece on Carroll a couple of seasons ago, and Carroll seemed completely fulfilled in the college game and at USC. He never succeeded in the NFL because his antics and behavior are better suited to college football players, and not professionals.

Carroll coached at New England, and with the Jets. Both teams under his watch both suffered from a general lack of direction, and once he left those clubs each time the players sighed relief that both he and his collegiate atmosphere were gone.

Seattle is on the West Coast, not too far from California, and I could see Carroll having a place in his heart still reserved for the Pro game and wanting to make it right.

I just don't think that he ever will.

Too bad for USC, and too bad for the NFL and Seahawks.

Again... his career head coaching record is 33-31. With the Pats he won the AFC East in 1997 and went to the wild card game in 1998.

How is this "never succeeding" in the NFL? I just don't get it. Is his record comparable to Bill Parcells, Tony Dungy, or Bellicheat? No. But being over .500 career, winning your division, and making consecutive trips to the playoffs is something.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It kills me how quick people on this board read between the lines of anything to predict doom and gloom for the Bills ... but nobody has jumped on the theory that the Seahawks may have contacted Cowher covertly to gauge his interest and Cowher told them no thanks he was probably going to the Bills.

I'm not saying this is what happened ... just saying it's funny that now one mentioned it ... now that I've mentioned it ... it is no longer funny thank you very much :thumbsup:

But it wasn't reported on ESPN or Profootballtalk.com, or anywhere so it can't be true that they contacted him. The internet reported the Bills offered Shanahan $10 mil a year, total control and part ownership so now its a fact

Again... his career head coaching record is 33-31. With the Pats he won the AFC East in 1997 and went to the wild card game in 1998.

How is this "never succeeding" in the NFL? I just don't get it. Is his record comparable to Bill Parcells, Tony Dungy, or Bellicheat? No. But being over .500 career, winning your division, and making consecutive trips to the playoffs is something.

Save your breath, 47. The facts are not necessarily important here.

People talk about how screwed up the Bills FO is?

Casserly just said, in regards to Seattle:

• They've offered the job to Pete Carroll. He's expected to accept it Monday.
  • He'll be repsonsible for the 53 man roster only.
  • The GM will be responsible for the draft and answer directly to the Owner.
  • They'll begin interviewing for a GM on Tuesday.
  • Potential problems as HC and GM may not get along or have same philosophy.

And people think the Bills are the worst franchise in football with an out of touch owner, piss poor FO, yada, yada, yada...