Select the #9 overall pick in the draft!

Brand J

2010 NFL Draft  

85 members have voted

1. 1. With the 9th pick in the draft, the Buffalo Bills select...

• LB Ronaldo McClain
    • DE Derrick Morgan
    • QB Sam Bradford
    • QB Jimmy Clausen
    • OT Anthony Davis
    • OT Trent Williams
    • OT Brian Baluga

A while ago on one of these threads, I proposed that we select the first pick for the FO. That way, if the pick fails, we only have ourselves to blame - not the front office! Had this method actually been implemented, Ngata would be on this team, Orakpo/Oher (based on the posters here) would have been on this team, Bryant McKinnie would have been on this team, Leodis McKelvin/Marshawn Lynch... well, I'm not too sure about those two. If there is ANY chance that a member of the new FO is perusing these boards, then let the percentages speak! The fanbase has chosen!!

Obviously not all of these picks will be available at #9, so in that case, the selection should be awarded to the next available player with the highest percentage. I'm going to assume that we stand pat at #9 and DE/DT N. Suh, DT G. McCoy, and OT R. Okung are off of the board. Also, any player who plays in the secondary has been omitted for obvious reasons...

I doubt Clausen will be available at pick number 9. The only top ten QB's in this draft are Clausen and Bradford and Clausen is the better of the two so while Bradford might be available I doubt Clausen is going to be there so if he is there take him and trade back into the 1st round and take a LT like Bruce Campbell to protect him.

The Bills can get help on the defensive side of the ball via trade and free agency and the D wasn't the reason we lost most of our games last season. To me if you need a QB or a LT take one and if you can get the best QB in the draft take him then back in to the 1st and take a LT. No offense is successful without a good QB and what makes a good QB successful is the

O-line and the most important part of the O-line is the LT.

A while ago on one of these threads, I proposed that we select the first pick for the FO. That way, if the pick fails, we only have ourselves to blame - not the front office! Had this method actually been implemented, Ngata would be on this team, Orakpo/Oher (based on the posters here) would have been on this team, Bryant McKinnie would have been on this team, Leodis McKelvin/Marshawn Lynch... well, I'm not too sure about those two. If there is ANY chance that a member of the new FO is perusing these boards, then let the percentages speak! The fanbase has chosen!!

Obviously not all of these picks will be available at #9, so in that case, the selection should be awarded to the next available player with the highest percentage. I'm going to assume that we stand pat at #9 and DE/DT N. Suh, DT G. McCoy, and OT R. Okung are off of the board. Also, any player who plays in the secondary has been omitted for obvious reasons...

my first few rounds are in my signature. thats who i would like/want to draft for the bills. :unsure:

As one poster stated above the Defense was not the major issue....however, that also means it's most likely easier for the Defense to absorb a rookie and hide some of his errors without it causing a major disruption. The truth is that any LT, in the top 10 or not, will require a significant learning curve (as all Rookies do) and if we (as fans) are looking for immediate improvement on Offense, then a FA LT is probably the best bet. Now, if we're willing to give the new coaching staff two to three years to develop a much improved Offense, then a rookie LT is a great value to have. Personally, I think that the new Defense should be 3-4, with Maybin moving to OLB and Mitchell converted to an ILB with Poz being the other OLB, that means we need a stud ILB, hence my vote for McClain from Alabama. Kirk and Brent praised his football intelligence, not just his physical talent, which something I believe our linebackers could dearly use and it would mean a Defensive "QB" for years. And then trade back into the 1st round around 20 or so to get Bulaga from Iowa if at all possible as this is the guy that stood out for me AND he's coming out a year early. But, we all have our thoughts so..... in the end, I just want the stupidity and insanity to END!!! Please make this offseason one that will stand in the annals of football history as a turning point for this organization!!

The truth is that any LT, in the top 10 or not, will require a significant learning curve (as all Rookies do) and if we (as fans) are looking for immediate improvement on Offense, then a FA LT is probably the best bet. Now, if we're willing to give the new coaching staff two to three years to develop a much improved Offense, then a rookie LT is a great value to have.

The problem with LT's in free agency is that if they were that good they would not hit FA, the team they were on would keep them....unless you're the Bills where you let a Pro Bowl LT out of your hands. I know a lot of people think it was good that Peters left, but I think that's crap and from what I saw of him this year he looked pretty darn good. We should have cut the check.

To keep this thread an accurate cross section of the fanbase, please don't vote for your favorite player 30 times! :lol:

Once will do just fine 0:)

Part of me wishes that those on the BB message board would vote here, but more knowledgeable Bills fans reside on this message board.. :w00t:

I voted for Jimmy Clausen, who I feel will be the best pro QB coming out this season. If not him, then the Bills really have to pick the best QB on their board at number 9. Sure, I watched the 6'4 255 Lb monster of a LB, McClain, playing for Alabama last night, he's the real deal. And there will be some talented OT's and DT's left on the board at #9. But come on - Jim Kelly's been retired for 14 years now! Isn't 13 drafts of ignoring the QB position with their top pick long enough?? No one will convince me that it isn't.

Simple, Buddy Nix and mystery head coach: pick your best rated QB on your board at #9.