Cowher Billboard

Slim

This is from Pat Moran of Buffalo Sports Daily

OK, ladies and gentlemen. It’s official. Starting right now, on behalf of Buffalo Bills fans everywhere I’m officially launching the Bill Cowher billboard campaign. If you’re interested (as most have stated you are) please read on. If not, sorry to waste your time.

At the end, visit the billboard page here: http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/donate/

•We’re going to collect donations and run a billboard. Much like the “Fire Dick Jauron” billboard that was run earlier in the season, the billboard is going to run for a week. I just spoke with Jim from Lamar Advertising and got all the details. They are as follows.

•The billboard will go up on Monday January 11th and run for seven days (it’s the earliest Lamar Advertising can put it up, they’re sold out for the next week).

•The price is $1125

•The location is also in the same location that that Jauron billboard was at (190 Thruway, Ogden exit going downtown)

•There is only one digital spot left, its first come, first serve (obviously) and the artwork would be due Friday at noon.

•I will have a stickied post at the top of Buffalo Sports Daily, updating the amount raised several times per day, and other Billboard related news.

•The good news is if we erect a billboard and the Bills situation changes, we can change the billboard that day. (example- We got a “We Want Bill Cowher” Billboard and he was hired the next day, we can change it to Welcome to Buffalo, Bill”.. or if the Bills hired someone else or we wanted someone else, we can change it with adcopy on the fly)

This, in order will be the billboard’s message

1-An obvious “We Want Bill Cowher” billboard.

2-If he’s hired by the Bills during that time or before January 11, a “Welcome to Buffalo, Bill” billboard.

3-If Cowher decides he doesn’t want the Bills job or is hired elsewhere, we could move on to the next guy, which would be done by a quick poll and the consensus ruling.

4-If the Bills happen to hire a coach before next Monday, we welcome him to Buffalo.

Regardless it won’t be difficult. If billboard option #1 isn’t out there, I will run a one-day poll on Buffalo Sports Daily with options, each fan can vote one time, and the consensus is what we’ll do.

Charity

Any money raised that exceeds the cost of the billboard ($1125) will go directly to charity. I’m thinking we should donate to “Hunter’s Hopes’ on behalf of Buffalo Bills fans. In the unlikely event we’re unable to raise the $1125 and can’t get the billboard (that’s not happening) EVERY penny will be donated to Hunter’s Hope.

Again, I will keep a running total updated several times per day right at the top of Buffalo Sports Daily. I think this is a great way to show people how passionate Bills fans are and how desperate we are to change the losing culture at One Bills Drive.

It may not have directly led to Jauron’s firing, but don’t think for a second the Bills front office didn’t pay any mind to the countless stories that came of that billboard and the national attention it brought.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/donate/

I do not work for Buffalo Sports Daily, i just think its a good idea. This is the same billboard Coach Sal bought up last night.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from Pat Moran of Buffalo Sports Daily

OK, ladies and gentlemen. It’s official. Starting right now, on behalf of Buffalo Bills fans everywhere I’m officially launching the Bill Cowher billboard campaign. If you’re interested (as most have stated you are) please read on. If not, sorry to waste your time.

At the end, visit the billboard page here: http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/donate/

•We’re going to collect donations and run a billboard. Much like the “Fire Dick Jauron” billboard that was run earlier in the season, the billboard is going to run for a week. I just spoke with Jim from Lamar Advertising and got all the details. They are as follows.

•The billboard will go up on Monday January 11th and run for seven days (it’s the earliest Lamar Advertising can put it up, they’re sold out for the next week).

•The price is $1125

•The location is also in the same location that that Jauron billboard was at (190 Thruway, Ogden exit going downtown)

•There is only one digital spot left, its first come, first serve (obviously) and the artwork would be due Friday at noon.

•I will have a stickied post at the top of Buffalo Sports Daily, updating the amount raised several times per day, and other Billboard related news.

•The good news is if we erect a billboard and the Bills situation changes, we can change the billboard that day. (example- We got a “We Want Bill Cowher” Billboard and he was hired the next day, we can change it to Welcome to Buffalo, Bill”.. or if the Bills hired someone else or we wanted someone else, we can change it with adcopy on the fly)

2-If he’s hired by the Bills during that time or before January 11, a “Welcome to Buffalo, Bill” billboard.

3-If Cowher decides he doesn’t want the Bills job or is hired elsewhere, we could move on to the next guy, which would be done by a quick poll and the consensus ruling.

4-If the Bills happen to hire a coach before next Monday, we welcome him to Buffalo.

Regardless it won’t be difficult. If billboard option #1 isn’t out there, I will run a one-day poll on Buffalo Sports Daily with options, each fan can vote one time, and the consensus is what we’ll do.

Charity

Any money raised that exceeds the cost of the billboard ($1125) will go directly to charity. I’m thinking we should donate to “Hunter’s Hopes’ on behalf of Buffalo Bills fans. In the unlikely event we’re unable to raise the $1125 and can’t get the billboard (that’s not happening) EVERY penny will be donated to Hunter’s Hope.

Again, I will keep a running total updated several times per day right at the top of Buffalo Sports Daily. I think this is a great way to show people how passionate Bills fans are and how desperate we are to change the losing culture at One Bills Drive.

It may not have directly led to Jauron’s firing, but don’t think for a second the Bills front office didn’t pay any mind to the countless stories that came of that billboard and the national attention it brought.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/donate/

I do not work for Buffalo Sports Daily, i just think its a good idea. This is the same billboard Coach Sal bought up last night.

Maybe we need 2 Bill Boards, One at OBD or near by on a truck parked in Cowhers neighborhood, I will volunteer to drive it in and out of the neighborhood a few times

I'm sure the message is not up for debate, but I like the idea someone here came up with last week:

"Bills + Cowher = Super Bowl!"

or "Buffalo wants Bill" (just came up with that one)

Great idea though. Especially the Hunter's Hope donation.

I'm sure the message is not up for debate, but I like the idea someone here came up with last week:

"Bills + Cowher = Super Bowl!"

or "Buffalo wants Bill" (just came up with that one)

Great idea though. Especially the Hunter's Hope donation.

:lol: Thanks for the support.

thats a lot of dough in not a lot of time?

Honestly, this started on Monday. Pat started polls in BBMB and Buffalo Range gauging peoples support. And there was alot of support. In the first few hours on Monday over $200.00 were raised. But when Shefter started shooting down some of the Cowher reports the donations went cold.

Just out of curiosity, is this BSD supposed to be a fan site, or a media outlet that covers the team?

Both, its like Buffalo Rumblings. But BSD covers high school/ college sports as well.

i want to donate but i say we put it at a location near his current home so he can actually see it

This would make it to ESPN and he'd see the coverage. They'd for sure pick up the story and make it about the Fire Dick and Hire Bill back to back billboards. ESPN loves beleaguered fan base stories.