nix

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

Guest three3

i am not on board with this at all. first of all, this is a young man's league. nix is 70. does he have the energy to be on the ball as a GM? probably not. see marv. a failure as GM. probably cut corners when scouting/preparing for the draft and free agency due to his age. you better be willing to put in 60+ hours a week. do you see a 70 year old doing that? my other issue with his age is that he won't last. how long do you think he'll be able to hold this job? a year or two? three at most? this is not a stable situation. this is not a long term or even intermediate solution.

second, wasn't he out of the NFL completely for 5 years? that is extremely significant. what did he do during those years? read the newspaper and drink coffee? golf? how do we know he even watched football? he needs to have an accurate take on the NFL's talent, not just college talent. there are these things called trades and free agents that a GM is responsible for.

third, he only got the job because ralph trusts him and he is cheap. just like marv. look at the damage marv did to this franchise as a GM. can you say ralph's comfort zone? again?

fourth, he is a southerner. odds are he will prefer southern players since he grew up there, coached at tenn chat and has connections to the colleges in that part of the country. those aren't the types of players who perform well in our climate. those aren't the types of players who want to play in our climate or even live in this climate. sure, they may stick it out and be civil for their initial contracts but why would southerners re-sign with the buffalo bills? it is rare when it happens.

For starters, it's not like he'll be coaching, where being a young man means something. And Levy was just a figurehead. Second of all, he was out of football for just the 2008 season. Third of all, he can scout them with the best of them.

i am not on board with this at all. first of all, this is a young man's league. nix is 70. does he have the energy to be on the ball as a GM? probably not. see marv. a failure as GM. probably cut corners when scouting/preparing for the draft and free agency due to his age. you better be willing to put in 60+ hours a week. do you see a 70 year old doing that? my other issue with his age is that he won't last. how long do you think he'll be able to hold this job? a year or two? three at most? this is not a stable situation. this is not a long term or even intermediate solution.

second, wasn't he out of the NFL completely for 5 years? that is extremely significant. what did he do during those years? read the newspaper and drink coffee? golf? how do we know he even watched football? he needs to have an accurate take on the NFL's talent, not just college talent. there are these things called trades and free agents that a GM is responsible for.

third, he only got the job because ralph trusts him and he is cheap. just like marv. look at the damage marv did to this franchise as a GM. can you say ralph's comfort zone? again?

fourth, he is a southerner. odds are he will prefer southern players since he grew up there, coached at tenn chat and has connections to the colleges in that part of the country. those aren't the types of players who perform well in our climate. those aren't the types of players who want to play in our climate or even live in this climate. sure, they may stick it out and be civil for their initial contracts but why would southerners re-sign with the buffalo bills? it is rare when it happens.

how old is bill parcells ?

Barely 1 year is 5 years out of the league?

Nix is one of the best scouting gurus in the league. he knows how to draft.

He has also worked with a nice list of people like: Polian, Butler and A.J Smith... Im sure he learned some things along the way. He will be around for 5-10 years at most maybe but he will at least set up a good foundation and possibly groom someone to replace him

Guest three3
how old is bill parcells ?

probably almost as old as Nix. but he is not a GM. he is executive VP or something. and how can you compare parcells to nix? you can't. parcells has won the super bowl (twice?), made the super bowl more than twice and re-built multiple franchises. what has nix done? scout some college talent fairly well over his career and coach tenn chatt. not even close to parcell's body of work.

aaron maybin

Aaron Maybin- 22 years old, used the wrong way in his rookie year and has upside if coached the right way and in the correct position. How do you count that against Nix?

How about Levitre, Wood, Byrd last year. How about guys like Merriman, Marcus McNeill, Vincent Jackson, L. Tomlinson and Antoino Cromartie he brought into San Diego

Remember Nix didnt really run the Bills draft last year. Brandon, Juaron and Modrak did

Guest three3
Aaron Maybin- 22 years old, used the wrong way in his rookie year and has upside if coached the right way and in the correct position. How do you count that against Nix?

How about Levitre, Wood, Byrd last year. How about guys like Merriman, Marcus McNeill, Vincent Jackson, L. Tomlinson and Antoino Cromartie he brought into San Diego

Remember Nix didnt really run the Bills draft last year. Brandon, Juaron and Modrak did

then how can you give him credit for any of the picks that are allegedly "good picks"? according to you, nix deserves no credit. and he wasn't the GM in san diego. so why are you giving him credit for any of diego's good draft picks?

By any chance did you listen to his press conference. He talked about how you need to draft players who can play in this climate as opposed to small fast guys. So I think he's a little bit ahead of you on that one.

Kent Hull was from Miss; Bisquit was from I believe Alabama Brett Favre has played most of his career in Green Bay, so really not much truth to that at all. If anything the opposite has been true to some extent. While the weather in Buffalo certainly is nothing like down south, many southerners do like the small town, slower pace, charm of western NY. Just ask Willis McGhee :devil:

As Jim Boeheim once said Hawaii is just like Sryacuse in July! Well Buffalo is in the summer is just like the south, but without humidity.

BTW I lived 32 years in Rochester, the last two in North Carolina. I've never felt so cold in the winter as I have the last two living down here. Heat pumps suck!

I disagree with most of your points (The fact that he is a southerner doesn't seem relevant at all) except the one about Ralph's comfort zone. This most certainly was a comfort zone pick. Ralph didn't want to hire anyone he wasn't already familiar and friendly with. The fact that Modrak and/or Guy were even considered and for the GM job is what's most disturbing. I have to think those were just token interviews, which means there was really only one candidate, and that's just poor business sense. Outside candidates should have been interviewed.

All that said, I don't think the Nix selection was all that bad. He has an impressive track record with Buffalo in the 90s and San Diego in the 00s when it comes to scouting and drafting.

then how can you give him credit for any of the picks that are allegedly "good picks"? according to you, nix deserves no credit. and he wasn't the GM in san diego. so why are you giving him credit for any of diego's good draft picks?

Lol. I didnt give him credit for them? I listed names in the same draft class as Aaron Maybin, whom you consider Nix's fault. Which shows even if Nix had a big say he drafted more successful picks than he did failures. Even though the Maybin pick shouldn't be judged as a failed pick yet.

And Nix is responsible for the San Diego draft's. He was in charge of scouting and he was the Assistant GM of the Chargers during his stay. A.J Smith has even said that Nix was largely responsible for the drafted players.

Guest three3
Bingo! Finally, somebody gets it.

Nix is a top 5 GM NOW! Wait a few years.

will he be alive in a few years? i hope. will his mind be sharp in a few years? is it even sharp at 70?

am i the only one who heard this guy speak on our horrid local sports radio station when he came back to buffalo as the head of scouting? that interview was depressing and very, very concerning. not only did it sound like he was missing a few marbles, he sounded stupid. not because of the southern accent (i have lived down there) but because he couldn't put sentences together. this is going to be ugly

you ding him because he's a southerner who's familiar with southern football players....which happens to be where there's a ton of great football talent? that's ridiculous. Southern players adapt just fine to nothern climates. Here's a short list great players who have adapted.

Brett Favre

Reggie White

Cornelius Bennet

Thurman Thomas

I could go on. I simply think your point is not valid. I would argue that having a foothold in scouting SEC players is a good thing since they tend to crank out plenty of top notch NFL talent.

People need to understand that Buffalo needs to offer:

1. Plenty of money

2. An opportunity to win

No offense, but there are only a handful of players that are going to want to go to the Buffalo Bills for the great wings, and lovely weather.

will he be alive in a few years? i hope. will his mind be sharp in a few years? is it even sharp at 70?

am i the only one who heard this guy speak on our horrid local sports radio station when he came back to buffalo as the head of scouting? that interview was depressing and very, very concerning. not only did it sound like he was missing a few marbles, he sounded stupid. not because of the southern accent (i have lived down there) but because he couldn't put sentences together. this is going to be ugly

I couldn't care less if he isn't a Rhodes Scholar. I want a football man leading this group.

He has a fountain of knowledge and we will benefit greatly.

You must have been drunk when listening to the interview. I see no problems with his sentencing and his grammar. Or maybe you watched a different interview.

And your complaining about him being 70 years old? Bill Parcells is the same age and so are a handful of key front office people across the league.

Guest three3
you ding him because he's a southerner who's familiar with southern football players....which happens to be where there's a ton of great football talent? that's ridiculous. Southern players adapt just fine to nothern climates. Here's a short list great players who have adapted.

Brett Favre

Reggie White

Cornelius Bennet

Thurman Thomas

I could go on. I simply think your point is not valid. I would argue that having a foothold in scouting SEC players is a good thing since they tend to crank out plenty of top notch NFL talent.

People need to understand that Buffalo needs to offer:

1. Plenty of money

2. An opportunity to win

No offense, but there are only a handful of players that are going to want to go to the Buffalo Bills for the great wings, and lovely weather.

the kids from the south and west do NOT want to be here. look, i went to college in the south. i have had these conversations with actual college football players. they DREAD playing in our weather. they DREAD living here. although they may not verbalize it, the vast majority of players from warm weather climates share willis mcgahee's take on our area. they HATE it here

the kids from the south and west do NOT want to be here. look, i went to college in the south. i have had these conversations with actual college football players. they DREAD playing in our weather. they DREAD living here. although they may not verbalize it, the vast majority of players from warm weather climates share willis mcgahee's take on our area. they HATE it here

Haha, you continue with your far fetched statements.... Willis McGahee never said anything about the weather climates, he complained that there was nothing to do in Buffalo. If you had a clue you would know that