Lenny P Dead On About RB Fiasco

Mark VI

Lenny P - ESPN

The ol' "Tip Sheet" was on hiatus during our training camp trek but, while the whole Buffalo Bills tailback story is old news, we can't help take a look back at a situation that was (and remains) much ado about absolutely nothing. Why Travis Henry had to spout off about the possibility of losing his starting job to Willis McGahee is insane. Unless Henry is still rehabbing from the rib injury he suffered last week (which came after his public rant about wanting to be traded if he dropped to No. 2 on the depth chart), he is going to be the Bills' starter for 2004. The guy ought to listen to top Buffalo officials, who admire his toughness and productivity, instead of being so insecure as to create ghosts where there really are none. The Bills honestly feel that McGahee still isn't 100 percent recovered from his catastrophic knee surgery, and won't be until sometime around October. Henry is their guy and McGahee, who is still misreading some holes, will get "touches" as the backup. But once Henry went public with his conjured-up hysterics, the McGahee camp felt compelled to answer back. The so-called "source close to McGahee," who hinted that the former Miami star had requested a trade if not the opening day starter was, of course, agent Drew Rosenhaus. Unlike a lot of league people, we love Rosenhaus, and not just because he has always shot straight with us. Nope, the guy does his job, and sees part of that job as getting McGahee into the most advantageous position possible. Think part of the rationale in airing the McGahee trade story wasn't aimed at maybe trying to get the former University of Miami star dealt to the tailback-needy Dolphins? So we've got no quibble with the McGahee camp, other than the fact there really has been no demand for a trade. McGahee's day will come. Probably by 2005. If he demonstrates to the Bills that he is whole again, one of the two backs will be trade bait for next season, as general manager Tom Donahoe tries to recoup a high-round pick to compensate for the No. 1 choice in '05 that he spent this year to get quarterback J.P. Losman. But as for immediate impact, all the rhetoric did was spawn senseless stories for some media outlets desperate for a story.

Didn't stop the Lemming population from droning on about it... :D

Happened to catch one of the Simoncasts, middle of last week. (Before the twenty-minute "ENOUGH ALREADY!" rant to open last Friday's show.)

One of his frequent callers, "Butch", was about five minutes into another why-we-have-to-trade-TH soliloquoy. I guess Howard had finally had enough, because he picked a media guide up off the desk and started smacking himself in the head with it, while Butch continued unabated....

Wonder if that actually helped. I might have to try it sometime. But after hearing some of the brilliant JP-Troy Vincent thoughts of the last few days (one guy actually called in to suggest we trade Vincent to San Diego for Doug Flutie), I might be more inclined to use a hardcover book instead.

Happened to catch one of the Simoncasts, middle of last week. (Before the twenty-minute "ENOUGH ALREADY!" rant to open last Friday's show.)

One of his frequent callers, "Butch", was about five minutes into another why-we-have-to-trade-TH soliloquoy. I guess Howard had finally had enough, because he picked a media guide up off the desk and started smacking himself in the head with it, while Butch continued unabated....

Wonder if that actually helped. I might have to try it sometime. But after hearing some of the brilliant JP-Troy Vincent thoughts of the last few days (one guy actually called in to suggest we trade Vincent to San Diego for Doug Flutie), I might be more inclined to use a hardcover book instead.

9674[/snapback]

So who on this board is named Butch ?? We have plenty of candidates.. :D

So who on this board is named Butch ??  We have plenty of candidates..  :D

9680[/snapback]

He's from either Buffalo or the Falls, I forget which. And yeah, there are some likely suspects here.

Wish I'd saved the videotape of that show - that was friggin' hysterical....

I'm one of those schmoes who believes that Lenny P gets the dirt from TD because of TD's time at ESPN. Assuming that is the case, I wonder to what extent Lenny P is extending the thoughts of TD. Kindof a "screw you, if any of you had a lick of sense you'd be more responsible and maybe you'd find things out as quickly as Lenny P does."

I know he scoops the local press on occasion, and you figure that must leave the local media with the same pissed off feeling I imagine most of the male population feels when they're getting a hummer from Paris Hilton, and she stops to answer her cell phone in mid-hum.

(Dynamo Hum. Dynamo Hum.)

I wonder sometimes if that fuels someone like Sullivan to produce stupid reports in the first place.

But after hearing some of the brilliant JP-Troy Vincent thoughts of the last few days (one guy actually called in to suggest we trade Vincent to San Diego for Doug Flutie), I might be more inclined to use a hardcover book instead.

9674[/snapback]

ROTFLMFAO!!

I am glad I didn't hear that first hand. I might have died laughing!

one guy actually called in to suggest we trade Vincent to San Diego for Doug Flutie

Some people are so stupid, they should be barred from breeding!

9901[/snapback]

When they get to be that stupid, they're probably incapable of breeding anyway.

Vincent for Flutie? I can't even begin to imagine what the point would be...

When they get to be that stupid, they're probably incapable of breeding anyway.

Vincent for Flutie?  I can't even begin to imagine what the point would be...

10052[/snapback]

Simple: MORE MULLETS on the team. Since we lost Flutie and Christie, have you noticed there are fewer Mulletheads around. We need to fill the Mullethead quotient.