playing NOT to win is legal.....

papazoid

Ask the Jets fans if they care about teams resting their starters. Not everyone that disagrees with you is a retard, they just have a different opinion than you.

I already gave you the solution, add four more teams to the playoffs and don't give anyone a bye. With more spots available there would be more games that meant something.

It is retarded that people are arguing against having a conversation about how this could be accomplished. Somehow talking about how to make the NFL better is wrong and they would rather shoot down Goodell than to say - hey, cool - someone is actually concerned about the product.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Change the last two weeks of the season to divisional games and modify the draft (by record until you hit playoff teams) to a "ping pong" ball lottery, incenting playoff teams will better records to up the probablility for a better selection in the coming draft. The divisional games might imply playoffs on the line and fuel the game because of rivalries and the better the draft selection = better player or more fuel to trade. Other than that - what can you do?

use the ping pong balls for playoff seeding.

game 1 - one ball.

game 16 - sixteen balls.

Playoff seeding occurs the morning after the last game is played. That way, NOTHING is settled until the final game is played. Make 'em divisional games too.

It is retarded that people are arguing against having a conversation about how this could be accomplished. Somehow talking about how to make the NFL better is wrong and they would rather shoot down Goodell than to say - hey, cool - someone is actually concerned about the product.

Again,.. if I don't care, I'm not retarded, I just don't care.

Same here, to me it's a non-issue. The system works just fine as it is. Everyone is well aware going in that the best two teams in the conference are going to be rewarded with a bye. Some seasons produce tighter playoff races than others.

I really don't see the controversy or need to change anything.

if you don't care, then why are you in this thread? :devil:

It would seem to me then you would be open to changing the system... if you don't care.

if you don't care, then why are you in this thread? :devil:

It would seem to me then you would be open to changing the system... if you don't care.

I'm here because this is where we are talking about teams sitting their starters. I don't care that teams sit their starters and want to say that I don't think they need to change the rules, rules that I think would be unenforceable. I can't believe that a bunch of jaded crybabies in Indy have such sway with the league.

Jaded Crybaby: "Poor us, I know we've won a Super Bowl. I know we've been to the playoffs every year for a decade. But dog gone it, that just isn't enough for us anymore. We wanted,..nay, we had a right to see them go 16 -0. This travesty must not happen again."

Bills fan: "Hey Jaded Crybaby, STFU. Just relax these two weeks and enjoy the fact that your team isn't the Bills. You'll get to see meaningful football soon enough, in January no less. We haven't seen it in December in quite some time, so again, Jaded Crybaby, STFU. Enjoy the playoffs."

One part of this issue that really bothers me is complaints about how certain teams are being "screwed out of the playoffs" because other teams gain an advantage by playing a team with nothing on the line at the end of the season. To me that type of attitude represents a sense of entitlement. If you want a spot in the tournament, then earn it. Nail it down. Don't depend on other teams to do it for you in week 17.

• 2 weeks later...
One part of this issue that really bothers me is complaints about how certain teams are being "screwed out of the playoffs" because other teams gain an advantage by playing a team with nothing on the line at the end of the season. To me that type of attitude represents a sense of entitlement. If you want a spot in the tournament, then earn it. Nail it down. Don't depend on other teams to do it for you in week 17.

I agree 100%. :blink: