How much do you like this outdoor hockey?

ProjectPat

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda a dumb question, but will there be a All Star game this year because of the Olympics? I'm too lazy to look it up.

I like the outdoor game. Once a yr on New Yrs day is good. F'ing Flyers give the B's a extra point. Dammit, I hate both teams!

There's no all star game this year because the players are participating in the Olympics. The Winter Classic should replace the all star game, maybe have a double header with one game in Canada and one in the U.S..

The U.S. games would obviously have to be played in more northern cities. Some possibilities are:

Dallas (wearing old North Stars uniforms) at Minnesota (baseball stadium).

New Jersey (wearing old KC Scouts uniforms) at St Louis (baseball stadium).

Edmonton vs Phoenix (wearing old Jets uniforms) at Winnipeg.

Colorado (wearing old Nordiques) uniforms at Montreal.

Nashville at Columbus (wearing Barons uniforms) (at Ohio State university).

Atlanta (wearing old Flames uniforms) at Calgary.

Islanders vs Rangers at Mets stadium.

San Jose (wearing Golden Seals uniforms) at Vancouver.

Carolina (wearing Whalers uniforms) at Washington.

Anaheim (wearing Wild Wing uniforms) at Colorado (wearing Rockies uniforms).

I for one think its awesome! :devil:

The Buffalo game was a blast. :thumbdown:

I like it overall, but I don't like the camera angles of the game itself that much...Seems like they concentrate the camera more from above the action angles to include the stadium or ballpark. It is displayed more as an event which it is than a game. I just find it hard to follow the action compared to a typical game.

I think I remember those days. Didn't the jerseys have bottlecaps on the front?

Yep, as one poster said, they were Pepsi bottlecaps (before the twist top) wit "Buffalo" written across the middle. Probably the most obvious show of sponsorship ever in the AHL. I still remember one well known player, Brad Park played for the Bisons before being called up to the Rangers, and was later traded to the Bruins.