How much do you like this outdoor hockey?

ProjectPat

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is pretty cool, but I would have liked to see it as an annual Buffalo tradition in the way Dallas and Detroit play on Thanksgiving. The outdoor hockey game on New's Years should have been a Buffalo event.

Meh, I watch, but thats more to do with having Canadian Blood in me

I think its something that is losing it "special" attraction and is going to get old fast

Personally, I think if you are going to do it every year, keep it on New Years day and make it the All Star Game. Why does the All Star game always have to be at the mid point of the season?

Meh, I watch, but thats more to do with having Canadian Blood in me

I think its something that is losing it "special" attraction and is going to get old fast

Personally, I think if you are going to do it every year, keep it on New Years day and make it the All Star Game. Why does the All Star game always have to be at the mid point of the season?

I have to respectfully disagree.

I think its only gaining momentum.

Ya see Dennis Leary singing Sweet Caroline?... wicked awesome!

I have to respectfully disagree.

I think its only gaining momentum.

Ya see Dennis Leary singing Sweet Caroline?... wicked awesome!

I don't really think its gaining momentum, its seems to me its actually going in the opposite direction. There just seemed to me like there was no hype to this game. I am on TSN's website (Canadian ESPN basically) daily and it was hardly a topic except for maybe one article about the ice making trucks making its way to Boston, and this is a website that will cover anything Hockey as its main headline. I don't remember any commercials promoting this game, it just seems like its something that is not relevent if your not already a big hockey fan.

And yes i saw Dennis Leary, and he looked horrible. Maybe it was just cause I was watching in HD, but his face looked well aged to say it nicely

I don't really think its gaining momentum, its seems to me its actually going in the opposite direction. There just seemed to me like there was no hype to this game. I am on TSN's website (Canadian ESPN basically) daily and it was hardly a topic except for maybe one article about the ice making trucks making its way to Boston, and this is a website that will cover anything Hockey as its main headline. I don't remember any commercials promoting this game, it just seems like its something that is not relevent if your not already a big hockey fan.

And yes i saw Dennis Leary, and he looked horrible. Maybe it was just cause I was watching in HD, but his face looked well aged to say it nicely

I agree that Leary looked well aged. I was watching in HD aswell, but the game was very visual appealing.

Love it too, great atmosphere today, even though I hate the Bruins. How about the Caps and Rangers at the new Yankee Stadium next year.

I was trying ta think where the game could be held next year.

That would be perfect.

To bad they didn't do it before they left the old stadium...That would've been something else.

http://www.philly.com/

http://www.boston.com/

http://espn.go.com/?topId=4786843

Can't think of the last time I saw a hockey story lead on the sports pages of those first two sites, much less the front. Give it back to a Canadian team next year, and I guarantee you'll be up to your eyebrows in hype on that side of the border.

(Of course, CBC and my guy Elliotte will be there either way ...)

I was trying ta think where the game could be held next year.

That would be perfect.

To bad they didn't do it before they left the old stadium...That would've been something else.

Prolly a no go as Yankee stadium going to be hosting a bowl game next 4 years. But you can bet your bottom dollar OV will be participating next year!