Ignorance

Munch

But all the "Fans" on this site who dont know anything at all about football post how Ralph is cheap, Nix sucks, yadda yadda yadda. Truth be told, 99% of the people on this board probably couldnt name the GM on 5 other teams, let alone a candidate they would have liked to come here. And dont start posting names, because we all know you just googled it. You just need something to whine about, like always, and wouldnt know a good GM ever. Nix has all the credentials and a VERY VERY good track record, But of course, Ralph is cheap, and the bills suck.

Nix is great hire, one of the major problems w/ the bills as of late has bee the draft, nix is here for 1 year and has a pro bowler already. Maybin needs to move to OLB which he will next year, then we can say hes a bust. Wood and Levitre looked good for rookies as well. I joined this board not too long ago thinking most people on here would know a thing or 2 about football, which some do. But anyone who says the Nix hire wasd a bad one, is seriously just either A.) a total and complete moron, or B.) Just trying to illicit a response. While I hope its B, its become obvious to me its likely A.

So to all the "Ralph is cheap" and "Nix sucks" people out there, truth be told you obviously dont know a thing about Football, and like I said earlier, couldnt name the GM on 5 teams and wouldnt know a quality candidate if it sat in your lap.

I'm hoping that Nix is a great hire but I'm taking a wait and see attitude. BTW - need to replace illicit with elicit. Illicit means illegal.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Reasons Nix was possibly a bad hire: Peter Principle (never done it before)."

Do you know what the Peter Principle is? I think maybe you don't. As a refresher:

"In a Hierarchy Every Employee Tends to Rise to His Level of Incompetence."

If the Peter Principle applied in this case, Nix would have been a GM years ago. The fact he wasn't seems to indicate he knows what he's doing.

What I'm saying (quoted at the top) is that one could argue that Nix could possibly fail once he reaches his level of incompetence (which might be the General Manager position).

This doesn't contradict the idea of the Peter Principle at all. I'm saying the Peter Principle theoretically could come into play.

You see, the word "possibly" which I used implies the future. You are talking about the past.

So, yes I know what the Peter Principle is.

Assuming you usually have good reading comprehension, you simply made a mistake when reading my post.

What I'm saying (quoted at the top) is that one could argue that Nix could possibly fail once he reaches his level of incompetence (which might be the General Manager position).

This doesn't contradict the idea of the Peter Principle at all. I'm saying the Peter Principle theoretically could come into play.

You see, the word "possibly" which I used implies the future. You are talking about the past.

Assuming you usually have good reading comprehension, you simply made a mistake when reading my post.

:bag::worthy::):worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Have you seen their O-lines? Every one of those QB's (w/ the exception of Rodgers) has an awesome line in front of him. Don't kid yourself- QB play and O-line play go hand in hand. Good line? Good QB.

:bag:

Yeah, that Colts OL looked AWESOME with Painter under center.

Fair enough. My reading comprehension is just fine, but you have to admit, that was a bit convoluted of an explanation. :bag:

My understanding of the Peter Principle is that only incompetents are promoted to management because organizations can't afford to let people that actually know what they are doing move away from the key functions of an organization.

Fair enough. My reading comprehension is just fine, but you have to admit, that was a bit convoluted of an explanation. :bag:

My understanding of the Peter Principle is that only incompetents are promoted to management because organizations can't afford to let people that actually know what they are doing move away from the key functions of an organization.

The Peter Principle is a competent person keeps getting promoted until they finally reach a position they are no longer competent to hold.

A perfect example is an NFL Coach that is a GREAT positon coach, promoted to OC or DC as the case may be, is a GREAT Coordinator then when promoted to HC is a TERRIBLE HC.

The Peter Principle is a competent person keeps getting promoted until they finally reach a position they are no longer competent to hold.

A perfect example is an NFL Coach that is a GREAT positon coach, promoted to OC or DC as the case may be, is a GREAT Coordinator then when promoted to HC is a TERRIBLE HC.

Never looked at it from that perspective. Thanks for the insight.