For Everyone that doesnt agree with the Nix hire

cmjoyce113

OKay so some people are complaining about a big name guy not being hired. I've heard the names Ron Wolf, Floyd Reese, Charley Casserly, the guy in NY from the Giants who has never been a GM.

If all of these guys are so great why aren't they in they GM's currently? I am somewhat sick of hearing people complain about every move Buffalo makes.

I mean for christ sakes Casserly has been working for CBS for the last 3 or 4 years. If he was still a viable option he would be on an NFL Staff atleast working as the head of scouting or something.

What big name guys did you guys want that are worth something? Because most of these big names aren't currentlt in the NFL.

OKay so some people are complaining about a big name guy not being hired. I've heard the names Ron Wolf, Floyd Reese, Charley Casserly, the guy in NY from the Giants who has never been a GM.

If all of these guys are so great why aren't they in they GM's currently? I am somewhat sick of hearing people complain about every move Buffalo makes.

I mean for christ sakes Casserly has been working for CBS for the last 3 or 4 years. If he was still a viable option he would be on an NFL Staff atleast working as the head of scouting or something.

What big name guys did you guys want that are worth something? Because most of these big names aren't currentlt in the NFL.

People wanted Casserly or Wolf as consultants to help Mr. Smithers pick a GM, not be the actual GM.

People were talking about Dave Gettleman because he at one time worked with Polian and has handled pro personnel for a very successful team in the NY Giants. Floyd Reese is currently the senior football advisor for the Patriots.

Reasonable and logical fans wanted someone younger to fill the GM position who had GM experience.

Ok good point, I counter with this....why at 70 years old has Nix never been hired as a GM? I mean by your standards if he was so damn good why isn't he an actual GM with some other team? Oh and why did we have to pull him out of retirement this last year?

I mean if he is so good, why didn't some other team go after him?

Hummmm....

Ok good point, I counter with this....why at 70 years old has Nix never been hired as a GM? I mean by your standards if he was so damn good why isn't he an actual GM with some other team? Oh and why did we have to pull him out of retirement this last year?

Hummmm....

Atlanta almost did. They hired the architect of the patriot's teams as their GM, though.

Reasonable and logical fans wanted someone younger to fill the GM position who had GM experience.

Don't worry about how old Nix is. See how old his assistant GM's are. They will be the one's groomed

to replace him when it's time. Nix is just one guy. This is about who he surrounds himself with and

who the coach is and who the coach brings in to be his assistants. Not about one guy. Hold on and

wait and see.

Hummmm....

Why did Tom Brady last until the 7th round ?

Why do some apples fall from the tree while others need to be picked ?

Why do I get a burning sensation when I take a leak ?

It's the fan mentality.

Everyone else is awesome, all our guys all suck. People are enamored with names. Most of the posters here couldn't name a third of the GM's in the league but they're confident that they can assess the Bills choice.

It's the same reason that the fanboys out there all want the "name" coach. Nevermind the fact that lightning has never struck twice, EVER.

the "guy" from the Giants was Marc Ross and i'm pretty sure I was the only one on these boards pining for him, he is gonna be a good one someday...that being said I do like the fact we have a guy with "football knowledge" as GM and with a track record like his. I'm hopeful for the draft and some offseason moves.

Hummmm....

So by your standard, guys that were never hired as a GM, or guys not currently employed as a GM, are not good choices. So the only way the Bills could have pleased you is to hire a current GM from another team.

In the recent Atlanta GM hire, Nix came in second to Dimitrioff from New England. As Assistant GM in San Diego, Nix was widely credited with developing an exceptional roster. But he's still a horrible pick by your standards, right?

So by your standard, guys that were never hired as a GM, or guys not currently employed as a GM, are not good choices. So the only way the Bills could have pleased you is to hire a current GM from another team.

In the recent Atlanta GM hire, Nix came in second to Dimitrioff from New England. As Assistant GM in San Diego, Nix was widely credited with developing an exceptional roster. But he's still a horrible pick by your standards, right?

Yes. 70 years old and never offered the GM gig anywhere. 2nd to Dimitrioff? That means he still didn't get a GM gig. He was retired till we pulled him out of it. Again I say, Nix is so well respected he sat there in Retirement and NO ONE outside of OBD wanted him.

But hey, he is our GM for now

Why did Tom Brady last until the 7th round ?

Why do some apples fall from the tree while others need to be picked ?

Why do I get a burning sensation when I take a leak ?

- Tom Brady only works with protection

- Plants grow stronger with a protected environment

- Always use protection