Tim Graham "Could Nix sway Schottenheimer to Bills?"

Fingon

I would LOVE it. :flirt:

Though Marty has always fallen short in the playoffs, atleast he coached teams and GOT IN to the playoffs.

We have 2 excellent backs in Lynch and Jackson. We obviously need a mauling O Line.

I think that it would be a great deal!

I did take Marty at his word though, when it came to not being interested in returning to the sideline.

But I'd love to see it. I'd love to have a pounding offense and punch all of those "big name" coaches and those damn Patriots in the mouth every year.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Though Marty has always fallen short in the playoffs, atleast he coached teams and GOT IN to the playoffs.

We have 2 excellent backs in Lynch and Jackson. We obviously need a mauling O Line.

I think that it would be a great deal!

I did take Marty at his word though, when it came to not being interested in returning to the sideline.

But I'd love to see it. I'd love to have a pounding offense and punch all of those "big name" coaches and those damn Patriots in the mouth every year.

I hope Buddy can get him to change his mind. It's about time the Buffalo Bills got PHYSICAL again. :flirt:

If he sways Marty out of retirement, the Bills will be losers for another six years. I'm sick of turning to the elderly for answers with this football organization. It didn't work with Levy and it won't work with Marty. I am very concerned with the Nix hire if he goes in this direction.

we have no QB, no OT, No LB, limited WR after TO leave, it Lee Evans and no one.

not very good outlook

We don't know what we have at WR. None of the young receivers have gotten much of a chance. They

might surprise you with a coach who has enough sense to give them reps. Jauron was an

effing idiot. At the very least Hardy should have been a red zone target last season before he

got injured. He catches the game winner at J-ville then you never see him in the red zone again.

Stevie has a nice looking Monday night game against the Browns then back to the inactive list

for him. We can draft a good OT in April or a QB or both. Or trade for a young QB to compete.

Or get a FA OT or a tackle we already have can be coached better and will play better.

False start and other dumb penalties to the level the Bills have them is ALL ON THE COACH and how

he prepares his players. We could use a dominant MLB and move Poz to the OLB or if they go 3-4

keep him inside with Mitchell and get a dominant OLB. The draft will tell a lot, but the coaches

they get will too. I believe this team has more talent than we think. With a HC and staff that

has a clue.

If he sways Marty out of retirement, the Bills will be losers for another six years. I'm sick of turning to the elderly for answers with this football organization. It didn't work with Levy and it won't work with Marty. I am very concerned with the Nix hire if he goes in this direction.

Well he could hire a young guy like Mularkey or Williams :flirt:

Well he could hire a young guy like Mularkey or Williams :flirt:

To be fair, Mularkey was a damn good coach. If we had given him more to work with, I think we could be seeing the type of offensive success that Atlanta is seeing.

This is the worst argument against a coach I have seen. Schottenheimer has a better record than most. He's turned

programs around at four different stops. He has coached in Championship games. His teams play tough, play hard,

run the ball violently and play riotous defense. What's not to like about that? Who cares what age it is. This ain't

an effing MTV reality BS show. This is football. Mularkey and Williams were good and young and sorry azz coaches. You want Jauron back? He's not that old; only in his 50's (Like Shanahan and Cowher and Billick are). How do you like that option? Russ Brandon is in his mid-40's; want him back running the football side? He could be great being as he's so

young and all. I'm in my 30's, but this age-ism is ass backwards. Worry about the type of job a person will

do instead of the job you think they will do based on their appearance or age. We aren't looking for models on sunday

we are looking for winners. As much as we complain about Mr. Wilson, with some good reason, he's an old man who's 25,000 dollar investment is now worth over 900 million dollars and that doesn't include wealth from his other businesses. Sounds like a winner to me.

Lets get real arguments against whoever the coach is when they actually hire a coach.

To be fair, Mularkey was a damn good coach. If we had given him more to work with, I think we could be seeing the type of offensive success that Atlanta is seeing.

He wasn't that great of a head coach at all. He's a good coordinator. But that's two different jobs entirely.