NFL Saturdays

Toledo Bill

For years the NFL has had 2 Saturday games the last 2 weeks of the season. Does anyone know how or why that changed? I don't know if it has anything to do with the NFL network or not. I know there was a Friday night game last week. I used to love seeing 4 games on those two weekends. For all I know it changed a couple of years ago and I just noticed due to a busier personal schedule.

Just curious...

For years the NFL has had 2 Saturday games the last 2 weeks of the season. Does anyone know how or why that changed? I don't know if it has anything to do with the NFL network or not. I know there was a Friday night game last week. I used to love seeing 4 games on those two weekends. For all I know it changed a couple of years ago and I just noticed due to a busier personal schedule.

Just curious...

I've wondered about this too. It seems to me that NFL games used to be on Saturdays starting with the first weekend there was no college football. Anybody know what happened?

Also the college football season is running longer, then you're into the holiday weekends. When they use to do the Saturday games, the reqular season was wrapped up by Christmas or at the lastest, maybe Dec 27th or so. More other competition these days on TV from other sports too, though not likely football would lose to much for ratings.

And I agree I also miss them.

Just curious...

Uh... I'm sorry to be the one to break the bad news, but there was a Saturday game on December 19th. The Dallas Cowboys beat the New Orleans Saints 24 to 17. The game was televised on the NFL channel. Then the following week, they didn't have a Saturday game, but they scheduled one on Friday (Christmas Day). This game was also on the NFL channel and showed the San Diego Chargers thrashing the Tennessee Titans 42 to 17.

Just curious...

That ended several years ago with the advent of NFL network. I used to like those saturday games as well, and they also used to follow one up with the Heisman trophy ceremony from the downtown athletic club. I kind of miss that tradition. It also sucks that we in WNY are held hostage by suck arse Time Warner Cable and don't get the NFL network.

People were talking about football on Saturday. What does that have to do with the GOP and the radical right? I think you posted on the wrong board.

I wonder if the NFL Network will ever be available on time-warner cable? And the great thing about a scroll-wheel mouse is that you can blaze right past comments you don't want to read.