Turning bad vodka good

/dev/null

my first test went well B)

vladimir vodka is somewhat consumable now (after 3 filters) :D

my second test didn't go so well. aristocrat rum still isn't that good. maybe if i try again tomorrow. brita pamphlet said not to do more than 7.5L per day, so maybe it needs a rest after vlad

I have friends who brew their own Vodka and its excellent! They make it using sugar. They also make their own rum. For that they use sugar and molasses. That is awesome too but the Vodka is top notch. 190 proof and smooth as hell

I have friends who brew their own Vodka and its excellent!  They make it using sugar.  They also make their own rum.  For that they use sugar and molasses.  That is awesome too but the Vodka is top notch.  190 proof and smooth as hell

131696[/snapback]

sounds like a prime candidate for the recipe board :D

sounds like a prime candidate for the recipe board :D

131697[/snapback]

It doesnt seem like there is too much to it. They explained the process to me last week but I was pretty buzzed. It basically involves boiling sugar and water, using a silt, fermenting, then taking the middle part of the silt and disposing the end parts. There was a little more to it then that and somewhat more technical but that is the jist of it. I am gonna look into doing it myself and trying some practice batches. This spring I wanted to make Dandelion Wine but that is such a laborious project. It involves thousands of dandelion petals for a gallon or two of wine. The vodka seems like less work. I used to brew beer when I was in college. I dont recomend doing that at home. The beer is awesome but your place will reak like stale beer and you will get beer flies.

that vodka trick works well. I tried it with a Pur water filter a few years ago. We even had the PVC pipe idea for serial filtration, however we had no means of getting the thing vertical, and we didn't have a retaining bin at the top. Our vodka of choice was stalingrad. We were succesfully able to pass it off as absolut to stupid college chicks.

my second test didn't go so well.  aristocrat rum still isn't that good.  maybe if i try again tomorrow.  brita pamphlet said not to do more than 7.5L per day, so maybe it needs a rest after vlad

131694[/snapback]

my second run of aristocrat rum was much better B)

you have to think like an 18 year old to spend $10 on vodka, $15 on filters and wait 3 hours to get the quality of a $25 bottle of vodka.

already had the filters :w00t:

tap water in va beach isn't that good