Chilly's extension and the Vikings' collapse

Tortured Soul

A month ago, Brad Childress inked a four-year extension believed to be worth $4-5 million a year. His team was 8-1 and a Superbowl favorite. Since, they're 3-3 and need help to get a bye. A quick playoff exit will probably leave Favre to do his retirement dance again, the Vikings will slip back to mediocrity, and the Vikings will be left wondering why they couldn't wait until after the season to extend Childress.

A month ago, Brad Childress inked a four-year extension believed to be worth $4-5 million a year. His team was 8-1 and a Superbowl favorite. Since, they're 3-3 and need help to get a bye. A quick playoff exit will probably leave Favre to do his retirement dance again, the Vikings will slip back to mediocrity, and the Vikings will be left wondering why they couldn't wait until after the season to extend Childress.

Good to see we're not alone in our stupidity of premature extentions. I always thought this guy was a joke.

Yes. When you have a head coach who nobody in the NFL would to rush to hire if he were available, you don't really need to extend the guy. I think Jauron actually had more respect around the league at 5-1 in 2008 than Childress had at 8-1 this year. The guy is a complete dweeb who at best should be hidden in a press box calling plays, not running your organization.

What amazes me is how wolf is so damn stupid. ONLY when Favre shows up does the team play like a superbowl contender. Hum....was it the HC that did it? NO, Brett Favre did it.

Now we have the assclown is causing problems with the guy that helped put his team over the hump. No way in hell would I have extended him.

What amazes me is how wolf is so damn stupid. ONLY when Favre shows up does the team play like a superbowl contender. Hum....was it the HC that did it? NO, Brett Favre did it.

Now we have the assclown is causing problems with the guy that helped put his team over the hump. No way in hell would I have extended him.

The infamous ICE? OU? ..........................