Something Just Does Not Add Up

BuffaloBaumer

Something big is going on over there at One Bills Drive and now that it looks like Carolina job is not opening, I truly believe Bills are putting all their eggs in the Cowher basket. Could the contact with Charlie Weiss be as OC under Cowher? 10 mill plus power in a starved organization? What I want to know is why not? I have been let down more times than I can count and I am believing that we are going to hear big news soon.

If it does not happen, oh well. This season has been over for some time and I am looking forward to the announcement of Cowher as HC and person in control of draft day decisions / FA. The rebirth is coming soon as they run out of that tunnel in 2010 with a new engine and throwbacks to boot.

I thik the inactivity is just that - inactivity.

I'm not sure how gung-ho Russ is about finding someone to be his peer or possibly even boss. Ralph is in his nineties and let's face it - most old guys don't act fast on anything (just look how long it took to fire Jauron). The Bills always seem to justify the lack of change by saying that they don't want to upset the applecart in some way - they wanted "continuity" so they held on to a shlub like Jauron way too long. They are probably telling themselves that they don't want to risk the Bills having a "magical" 6 win season by doing anything that would distract the team prior to the end of the season, meanwhile other teams are acting and the Bills could easily end up with a bunch of also-rans for coach and GM by not aggressively pursuing people NOW. The logic of the organization just boggles my mind....

I think the bills will promote buddy nix similar to how polian started, nix is the most qualified and he would bring in his own scouting dept. brandon will move back to marketing etc. bottom line i think the bills already have there gm in place. u might see nix hire his replacement though, someone young and up and coming.

the oling and qb are the top priorities this offseason, everything else like lb de dt and wr can be picked up rds 5-7 and rfa/fa/trades....

get a top LT AND QB IN RDS 1 AND 2

I thik the inactivity is just that - inactivity.

I'm not sure how gung-ho Russ is about finding someone to be his peer or possibly even boss. Ralph is in his nineties and let's face it - most old guys don't act fast on anything (just look how long it took to fire Jauron). The Bills always seem to justify the lack of change by saying that they don't want to upset the applecart in some way - they wanted "continuity" so they held on to a shlub like Jauron way too long. They are probably telling themselves that they don't want to risk the Bills having a "magical" 6 win season by doing anything that would distract the team prior to the end of the season, meanwhile other teams are acting and the Bills could easily end up with a bunch of also-rans for coach and GM by not aggressively pursuing people NOW. The logic of the organization just boggles my mind....

See, the way I view it is that if there really was inactivity, they would be throwing tidbits out there to ease the masses. I believe something is getting done right now and it will not be much longer until something is announced. Something is in the air over there and for the first time in a long while, it is going to be a relief to hear.

im betting buddy nix is the new gm and then sometime in january nix hires someone to groom as his replacement 2 years from now. possibly decosta...

That's exactly the sort of move I could see Ralph making. Hire a 70 year old part-timer that was talking about retirement a few years ago. That is the sort of energy and vision will lead the team for the next decade and maybe beyond.

As predicted by many though....the Bills were the first to fire their coach and announce an organizational shakeup. And they will be the last team to fill the open positions (After all the A-listers and top notch assistants find a home).

If you believe Chris Brown, there is a total news black out on the GM search per Brandon at One Bills Drive. So for all we know Cowher, Ron Wolf or whoever have been contacted...or none of them. We don't know. All that has been said is the search is on.

PTR

If you believe Chris Brown, there is a total news black out on the GM search per Brandon at One Bills Drive. So for all we know Cowher, Ron Wolf or whoever have been contacted...or none of them. We don't know. All that has been said is the search is on.

PTR

That's the problem. He is a Buffalo Bill and he'll spit the company line no matter what as long as he has a job.

PTR

I think the news black out is Baumers point. NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS :thumbsup: