Chuck Palahniuk

PushthePile

I picked up a book of his last year and haven't stopped reading his stuff since. I have two more to go and I'll be stuck waiting after that. Anybody read his work? I have never had an author that I enjoyed reading more. It's definately not for everybody but I think the guy is brilliant.

If you enjoy a sarcastic and unabashed view of society, I'd give him a try. Warning though, his stuff can get fairly graphic and off color. He wrote the book "Fight Club" which most know from the movie. My personal favorite is "Haunted".

This is his site if anyone is interested:

http://chuckpalahniuk.net/books

Any other fans here? I'll be running out of Palahniuk books soon and need some suggestions if anybody has any.

Another decent author like Palahniuk is Tim Dorsey. He writes in a similar style but a little less brutal.

I picked up a book of his last year and haven't stopped reading his stuff since. I have two more to go and I'll be stuck waiting after that. Anybody read his work? I have never had an author that I enjoyed reading more. It's definately not for everybody but I think the guy is brilliant.

If you enjoy a sarcastic and unabashed view of society, I'd give him a try. Warning though, his stuff can get fairly graphic and off color. He wrote the book "Fight Club" which most know from the movie. My personal favorite is "Haunted".

Any other fans here? I'll be running out of Palahniuk books soon and need some suggestions if anybody has any.

Another decent author like Palahniuk is Tim Dorsey. He writes in a similar style but a little less brutal.

Liked Fight Club. Read Diary, hated it and never picked up another book by him again. His style is a little abrupt. Like Vonnegut without the talent. Maybe I'll give Haunted a try. They're usually quick reads.

Liked Fight Club. Read Diary, hated it and never picked up another book by him again. His style is a little abrupt. Like Vonnegut without the talent. Maybe I'll give Haunted a try. They're usually quick reads.

Hahaha, only positive reviews! I'm not a huge reader but I'm certainly interested when I get hooked on an author. I read "Slaughterhouse Five" in highschool but got nothing out of it. Of course I didn't get much out of anything in highschool. Not knowing much about Vonnegut, any suggestions on where to start?

Hahaha, only positive reviews! I'm not a huge reader but I'm certainly interested when I get hooked on an author. I read "Slaughterhouse Five" in highschool but got nothing out of it. Of course I didn't get much out of anything in highschool. Not knowing much about Vonnegut, any suggestions on where to start?

The book that got me into Vonnegut in High School was "Breakfast of Champions." I don't remember what it was about at all, but I do remember loving it. And there's pictures. That's all I remember. i did plow through his entire bat catalog after reading that...for whatever it's worth.

I read one book by Palahniuk, "Diary," and didn't like it at all. My girlfriend is a pretty big fan, but something just doesn't click with me.

The book that got me into Vonnegut in High School was "Breakfast of Champions." I don't remember what it was about at all, but I do remember loving it. And there's pictures. That's all I remember. i did plow through his entire bat catalog after reading that...for whatever it's worth.

I read one book by Palahniuk, "Diary," and didn't like it at all. My girlfriend is a pretty big fan, but something just doesn't click with me.

I'll definately pick up a couple Vonnegut books. Obviously, his popularity stems from something. As for Palahniuk and"Diary", I recommend trying another one out. I think "Diary" was my least favorite of his work and the weakest storyline.

have a bunch by both Vonnegut and Palahniuk in the collection.

favorite Vonnegut books are:

1. Sirens of Titan

2. Timequake

3. Breakfast of Champions

in that order

I'd also recommend Player Piano, Hocus Pocus, basically anything/everything else.

and besides Fight Club, I like both Choke and Survivor by Palahniuk. also think Diary was his weakest.

He is the best in the bidness. I have purchased all his books and enjoyed them all. They tend to be quick reads because you never want to put it down. The most messed up book is Invisible Monster (which might be the best one out of the bunch). I suggest Survivor, Choke, and Snuff.

His writing style is great. He uses some of the same elements in each book but then introduces a different way of telling the story. I am always checking to see if he has written anything new. I agree they are not for everyone. They are graphic and tend to highlight the not so pleasant side of human nature.

There is a collection of essays on Fight Club called You Do Not Talk About Fight Club which is pretty interesting. A few essays stink but a majority of the essays are good and make you think alittle but differently about the movie/book.