Buffalo a "real player" for Vick next year

Coach Tuesday

This is what I don't get about this reports. What sense would it make for anyone in the Bills' FO to leak this info out? It makes zero sense.

And playing with the assumption for a moment that someone in the Bill's FO did leak this, what relevance does it have anyway, because nothwithstanding Russ Brandon, the football operation may be blown up with the ushering in of a football GM, coach, and scouting organization.

It's the new FO that will develop the new strategy for the team. They will decide whether Vick could fit into it.

For now, talk of Vick in Buffalo is pure speculation.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Rumor-Nation-7527.html

Take it for what it is, which is an unverified "scoop." That said, Lombardi was a GM for many years and has a wide network including NFL front office execs and agents.

I am really torn on this. Actually, I'm not. I'm a big animal rights proponent, and so it would be a pretty easy decision for me - I'd walk away from the Bills. Personally, I'm kind of looking forward to it.

yes animal rights... so important with troops dying in Iraq/Afghan everyday, 60% of the world living on less then $2/day, and countless others being kidnapped and roped into the sex trade leading to a $42billion/year industry.

yes, lets worry about the animals. gosh peoples priorities are SERIOUSLY out of whack if something like that motivates you. if those other 3 things aren't in front of animal rights, may I ask you to ponder it? Cause human life is i don't know....COMPLETELY more important!

also - dogs are great for training as hunting companions to hunt things like rabbits, pheasant, etc. I love dogs to death, and my beagle means the world to me. but never over the suffering that billions of humans on this plant go through daily.

yes animal rights... so important with troops dying in Iraq/Afghan everyday, 60% of the world living on less then $2/day, and countless others being kidnapped and roped into the sex trade leading to a $42billion/year industry.

yes, lets worry about the animals. gosh peoples priorities are SERIOUSLY out of whack if something like that motivates you. if those other 3 things aren't in front of animal rights, may I ask you to ponder it? Cause human life is i don't know....COMPLETELY more important!

also - dogs are great for training as hunting companions to hunt things like rabbits, pheasant, etc. I love dogs to death, and my beagle means the world to me. but never over the suffering that billions of humans on this plant go through daily.

Do yourself a favor...turn on the brain before you post. No one is putting animals as more important than humans. NO ONE! Not once since Vick was caught have I seen anyone putting animals over humans. Posts like yours are beyond braindead...you're accusing people of saying something they aren't. Do yourself another favor and seek forgiveness...because dishonesty, which your post is marked by, is a disgusting character trait

I never understand this argument. So by saying you are against Vick and what he did, you are automatically putting animal rights above human rights? Why can't I be for both? What the hell does Iraq/Afghanistan have to do with whether Vick would be a good fit for Buffalo? The sex trade and worlwide poverty?

I don't get this sort of deflection off the topic of the thread. It always happens in the defense of somebody's poor choices. If you want to gauge the importance of issues fine, start a thread about the war or poverty. As of right now it has no merit in this discussion.

You have to remember that most people don't live in that world. People turn a blind eye to things as drastic as the ones you mention. What Vick did is atrocious but he's served his time. Each individual will react differently to that last statement. As you feel differently then I do and so on. What I find really ridiculous is that this would be the last straw for people. :( That's pretty humorous. So what people are saying is that watching this franchise being run into the ground year after year is okay but if the Bills hire Vick said people will then, finally have had enough? That is just stoopid. I guarantee if Vick comes to the Bills and the Bills were to make the playoffs then 95% of those that were against Vick would either a. purchase tickets to that game or b. watch it on TV - either way those same people will be rooting for the Bills.

You have to remember that most people don't live in that world. People turn a blind eye to things as drastic as the ones you mention. What Vick did is atrocious but he's served his time. Each individual will react differently to that last statement. As you feel differently then I do and so on. What I find really ridiculous is that this would be the last straw for people. :( That's pretty humorous. So what people are saying is that watching this franchise being run into the ground year after year is okay but if the Bills hire Vick said people will then, finally have had enough? That is just stoopid. I guarantee if Vick comes to the Bills and the Bills were to make the playoffs then 95% of those that were against Vick would either a. purchase tickets to that game or b. watch it on TV - either way those same people will be rooting for the Bills.

I don't think you make a correct reading of the moral compass possessed by most WNY residents...

:D:(

The '70's Canadian comedy troupe - Firesign Theater - sums us up here on TSW pretty well, with the title of their 1971 album...

I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus :wallbash:

Here's a link to that LP - if you can make any sense of the text (author: Cat Simril Ishikawa), report back!

http://www.firesigntheatre.com/albums/album.php?album=bozos

Witnessing a murder is obviously the same as funding and operating a dog fighting ring over a span of 5 years.

Witnessing a murder by one of YOUR boys & STONEWALLING the police about it IMO is FAR WORSE than the Dogfighting. Like it or not, dogfighting is part of the culture many people grow up in.

The '70's Canadian comedy troupe - Firesign Theater - sums us up here on TSW pretty well, with the title of their 1971 album...

I Think We're All Bozos On This Bus :(

Here's a link to that LP - if you can make any sense of the text (author: Cat Simril Ishikawa), report back!

http://www.firesigntheatre.com/albums/album.php?album=bozos

Thanks Cincy, that was pretty cool. Believe it or not I'm a fan of Comedy Troupes, UCB being my favorite, but I haven't heard of these guys before. They run right up my ally. It's also nice to see someone else who doesn't take this board too seriously because we really are just a bunch of bozo's who are tortured by the same thing...

He sucks! He's a terrible QB why would the Bills want him? We have had enough crappy QB's why sign another? I say put him in a cage with a pit bull and let's watch him fight. Now that would be entertaining. Or better yet wrap an eletrical cord around his neck and throw him some water and see how fast he moves.

Thanks Cincy, that was pretty cool. Believe it or not I'm a fan of Comedy Troupes, UCB being my favorite, but I haven't heard of these guys before. They run right up my ally. It's also nice to see someone else who doesn't take this board too seriously because we really are just a bunch of bozo's who are tortured by the same thing...

Look up some of the late Dudley Moore's works, along with his pal, Alan Spencer. What witty wags..

Mike Myers worked with them for a time, IIRC. And heaped on heavy praise about them.

If you ever get stranded on the mythical tropical island, this is the book you want after a bible...

http://www.amazon.com/Oxford-Book-Humorous...s/dp/0192829599

The compositor, Frank Muir, was an absolute rip. I remember his radio broadcasts.

Muir:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Muir

2 cents... :(

Do yourself a favor...turn on the brain before you post. No one is putting animals as more important than humans. NO ONE! Not once since Vick was caught have I seen anyone putting animals over humans. Posts like yours are beyond braindead...you're accusing people of saying something they aren't. Do yourself another favor and seek forgiveness...because dishonesty, which your post is marked by, is a disgusting character trait

the point of my post is in regards to forgiving Vick and moving on. If people are willing to dump a football team because of one man's stupid decision to get involved with dog fighting, then so be it. I just wonder if they'd do the same thing for a team that signs a guy like Ray Lewis, Ray Bucchanan, etc.

Perhaps I'm wrong for assuming someone cares "too much" for animal rights when they willing to act so decisively over one signing... But I don't see enough people acting so decisively about human rights issues that are staring us right in the face. It's hardly anything personal but is far more something against Americans in general who are so "adamant" and "decisive" about acting on a team signing Vick. Are we so passionate about sports that we will aggressively change our actions based on animal rights issues? If that is the case, perhaps we should be just AS aggressive in fighting those things I've mentioned. Sadly this is not the case. Certainly, I do not know the poster, nor would I ever make any unfounded accusations. But is is EXTREMELY apparent by what the media portrays that NFL fans are very motivated and divided over Vick because of animal cruelty. The point of my post is, are these people only so decisive on animal rights issues? Or are they living out the rest of their lives with urgency and aggressiveness to fight those things I had mentioned. If not, then it is a major, major issue with the priorities of people in this country.

I understand this may be a little deep and beyond most people here, but its a telling fact when NFL fans are willing to act so strongly on something that involves dogs. I simply hope that we as NFL fans are acting with even more fervor (since you do say we all care about Human Rights more) on those issues.

And as to why is this posted here??

It's december, the Bills still suck, we are irrelevant until April, and all Bills fans need a distraction come playoff time. I am sure I'm not the only one who gets completely bummed out knowing it was my freshman year of college we last made it to the playoffs... Never should have ripped down that Doug Flutie life sized poster...

I never understand this argument. So by saying you are against Vick and what he did, you are automatically putting animal rights above human rights? Why can't I be for both? What the hell does Iraq/Afghanistan have to do with whether Vick would be a good fit for Buffalo? The sex trade and worlwide poverty?

See if this helps and gives you more insight to what I was thinking. Sorry I'm poor at putting thoughts into words...

you're the average Bills fan, you go to 2 games a year, buy a TO in the BLo Shirt, etc. Spend say $300 the whole season on the Bills and say 50 hours of your life watching their games on TV.

Suddenly they sign MICHAEL VICK and you pull your 50 hours of life and $300 back because of his dog fighting history.

My issue is, are these same people being so decisive with their time and money in regards to other, major issues going on in the world? Or do we care only so much about football, the bills and animal cruelty that it takes a team signing a player for us to take ACTION in regards to our time and finances? I hope not, but I simply fear this is indeed the case.

Are these same people already putting that same 50 hours in serving at a homeless shelter or using that $300 to donate to troops overseas for the holidays? Thats what I'm getting at...

ON a side note - I'd like to bring him into camp and see what he's got left. I think he is a horrible pocket passer with no accuracy but he's done one thing that neither TE or Fitz has and thats throw more TDs then INTs for a career.

I'm done, have at it, mock me, ridicule me, I'm brain dead, etc etc...

the point of my post is in regards to forgiving Vick and moving on. If people are willing to dump a football team because of one man's stupid decision to get involved with dog fighting, then so be it. I just wonder if they'd do the same thing for a team that signs a guy like Ray Lewis, Ray Bucchanan, etc.

Perhaps I'm wrong for assuming someone cares "too much" for animal rights when they willing to act so decisively over one signing... But I don't see enough people acting so decisively about human rights issues that are staring us right in the face. It's hardly anything personal but is far more something against Americans in general who are so "adamant" and "decisive" about acting on a team signing Vick. Are we so passionate about sports that we will aggressively change our actions based on animal rights issues? If that is the case, perhaps we should be just AS aggressive in fighting those things I've mentioned. Sadly this is not the case. Certainly, I do not know the poster, nor would I ever make any unfounded accusations. But is is EXTREMELY apparent by what the media portrays that NFL fans are very motivated and divided over Vick because of animal cruelty. The point of my post is, are these people only so decisive on animal rights issues? Or are they living out the rest of their lives with urgency and aggressiveness to fight those things I had mentioned. If not, then it is a major, major issue with the priorities of people in this country.

I understand this may be a little deep and beyond most people here, but its a telling fact when NFL fans are willing to act so strongly on something that involves dogs. I simply hope that we as NFL fans are acting with even more fervor (since you do say we all care about Human Rights more) on those issues.

And as to why is this posted here??

It's december, the Bills still suck, we are irrelevant until April, and all Bills fans need a distraction come playoff time. I am sure I'm not the only one who gets completely bummed out knowing it was my freshman year of college we last made it to the playoffs... Never should have ripped down that Doug Flutie life sized poster...

First of all, the topic is about a vicious dog torturer and killer. If this were a thread about someone who was torturing and killing humans, people would all agree and the decent people wouldn't have to be getting upset or acting with a lot of fervor because we'd all agree.

Let me just impart a little common sense to you.

You're not going to have a lot of spirited debate about something everyone agrees on. But this, where some people hate dogs and children (little kids lost their best friends to this monster) and are willing to forgive someone who's shown no remorse and the rest of us are still disgusted by him, there's going to be a lot of uproar. Does that make any sense to you? I don't think I can dumb it down any further than to say

If people all agree, then there won't be a lot of spirited debate and uproar.

If people are divided on an issue like this, there will be a lot of debate and uproar.

It's simple common sense...try using a little.

Plus the fact that this topic has nothing to do with human rights and everything about a vicious dog torturer and killer makes your post rather ridiculous to say the least.

So, a dog's life is as valuable to you as a woman's?

Define "valuable". Because this is where all the animal torture apologists THINK they win their arguments but in my opinion only serve to deflect it to arbitrary and undefinable criteria.

Define "valuable".