Can we all settle down now?

Dan

Jeff Ireland of the Fins seems like a good fit. Anyway I think if we are going to go out and grab a GM that means we are going to go the coordinator route. Now just because we aren't going to go out and get a Shanny big name type isn't a bad thing. BUT what I want to see is the Bills go out and get a up and coming offensive coordinator type (Think Russ Grimm type) and not a 2nd tier retread like Haslet or Martz.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one a little intrigued by Michael Lombadi, who has publically stated that the Bills need to draft and sign FAs with the philosophy in mind of winning those late season and playoff games in cold weather ie big, dominating lines, big running backs and a strong-armed QB

At least we know what he'd bring, a FO, coaches and players with this approach in mind.

Now just because we aren't going to go out and get a Shanny big name type isn't a bad thing. BUT what I want to see is the Bills go out and get a up and coming offensive coordinator type (Think Russ Grimm type) and not a 2nd tier retread like Haslet or Martz.

I like the idea of having both Lombardi and Grimm here. I believe they may be a good combo.

Dave Caldwell

He is head of the Atlanta Falcons college scouting. He has held that position for the past 2+ years. He was hand picked by Dimitrof from Indy.

Caldwell worked under Polian for 8 years. He is a WNY native. Has over ten years working with very succesful personel guys.

Only real negative is his age. 36 i think. But i would like to see a young guy in charge. Have certain people around that can help him, but he has ultimate say on personel moves.

I'm not re-assured of anything. Many other teams will be cleaning house after this season and some of them are dilligently pursuing top candidates right now. The Bills, OTOH, not only haven't interviewed anyone since the much ballyhooed Shanny drive-by, they publicly announce they're going on Christmas break. Meanwhile, there's a flurry of activity with teams in direct contention for the prize we seek.

Christmas break? :unsure: Bah Humbug! :lol:

You do know that you can't interview GM cannidates working for another team till after there regular season is over right?Unless there on a playoff team in which case you have to ask permissin from there team to interview them during the playoffs.