Best movies of the decade

billsfan89

Finally someone who agrees with me on this! lol I take a lot of crap for saying Friday Night Lights was a better film than Titans...Denzel was great, but I just didn't care for that film nearly as much as everyone else did. Friday Night Lights was all-around bad-ass, though!

I didn't realize there was a debate. Titans was so Hollywood sugary-sweet it gave me diabetes. Lame football story, 2 dimensional hero/villain characters and 300 years of racial conflict melts away after a few tough practices. Ugh. Awful movie.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't realize there was a debate. Titans was so Hollywood sugary-sweet it gave me diabetes. Lame football story, 2 dimensional hero/villain characters and 300 years of racial conflict melts away after a few tough practices. Ugh. Awful movie.

More than that -- it was a movie about race relations set during a very volatile time in our nation's history ... yet it was totally Disney-fied. PG rated, no racial slurs, no real dialogue, no real conflict. The entire point of the movie is neutered by Bruckheimer trying to be PC.

I like your call on Millions.

It has become a favorite of both the adults and kids in my extended family.

It is a movie we have watched at past family gatherings (and will watch again), everyone is entertained.

In other words it is a classic.

I'll second that. Lovely movie that heartens us, reminds us...

biggest disappointment:

tie: "juno" and "there will be dull," which is more notoriously known as "there will be dull." damn, can't stop writing that. "blood," dammit, "there will be (dull) blood"

two god-awful movies, both involving two very overactive actors, who absolutely knew nothing about nuance, and two directors who couldn't control their precocious divas.

jw

ADD: and far too many blowhard critics, who fell over themselves in an attempt to show how freakin' out it they were, aka dull.

Completely agree on both counts.

90 minutes into TWBB I was still wondering when they were going to get around to developing a story.

I only watched about 45 minutes of Juno, but it looked like a bad sitcom. Super smart-ass teenager and everyone else is an idiot. Gee...that's original.

But my most disappointing movie of the decade was '21'. Based on the fascinating book about the MIT blackjack team, they instead trashed the real story in favor of a horrible, clichéd POS. If I was Emperor, the people responsible for this movie would be serving time in a labor camp.

Comedy- The Matador (2005)

Foreign- Der Untergang

Horror- Audition

Romantic Comedy- Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Super Hero Movie- Dark Knight

Action Movie- Sin City

Documentary- Valentino, The Last Emperor

Animated Film-......

Drama- The Queen

Best Overall- Mulholland Dr.

Biggest Disappointment- Die Hard 4

[sleeper- Gosford Park]

But my most disappointing movie of the decade was '21'. Based on the fascinating book about the MIT blackjack team, they instead trashed the real story in favor of a horrible, clichéd POS. If I was Emperor, the people responsible for this movie would be serving time in a labor camp.

That's a really good choice, actually. I had read the book about two years prior to the movie, and I think if I really compared the film to the amazing story I read about, it may be my biggest disappointment, too. I actually enjoyed the film enough to see it apart from the book, though....but I agree, the true story was amazing!