Random thoughts and predictions

PushthePile

Well, if they weren't caught and they weren't dropped, maybe they bounced off his helmet or were thrown into the stands. I'm not going to take the time to look up the numbers myself, so I can't dispute the post. But I believe elite wide receivers catch better than 50% of the balls thrown to them.

Doesn't it depend on who's throwing to them?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dog14787
Doesn't it depend on who's throwing to them?

If it was TE and he was slightly off target T.O. wouldn't budge off his pass route and Fitz can't hit the broad side of a barn half the time so lets just blame the QB's, I'm sure T.O. does.

I love threads like this, thanks. Replies/thoughts on your topics:

Campbell -- I have always liked him but haven't watched a Redskins game all year. Agree with the concept of getting a younger guy with upside rather than a broken down vet.

Owens -- Really hard to judge given our inability to get him the ball this year. 'Elite' or not, you're right that he's the only guy on the team at or near that category (spare me the Lee Evans worship).

Pats* -- I think Marcia is almost ready to be a full time Dad. Bills should help him make up his mind; 15 yards is a small price to pay for leveling him a couple times this weekend.

Eagles -- That offense was in 'wow' mode against the Giants but I've seen enough stinkers from McNabb to believe they won't navigate through Minny and/or NO on the road. But I'm getting giddy thinking about the NFC playoffs.

Coach -- Agreed. This team has no passion/desire/will to win/belief in their ability to kick ass. They still need a LT, DE, QB, LB, but you also need some fire in the belly to win in the NFL.

Some other thoughts:

I am terrified that the Bills will make up their mind to take a QB in the first round and settle for a dog like Colt McCoy. Unless they get Clausen (which they won't), I don't want to see a QB drafted. Too many other holes to plug on this ship.

Marcus Stroud will be 32 and Aaron Schobel 33 next season; both with 9 years of NFL wear and tear. I don't want to see anyone drafted -- in any round -- that doesn't play LT or on the defensive front 7.

I think expanding the Toronto arrangement may be what saves the Bills once Ralph is gone.

I am rooting for the Saints and Colts every game until the Super Bowl. If that happens, I will root for the Saints.

I don't understand people that hate players on their favorite team unless the guy is dogging it or beating his wife.

- I am also terrified the Bills reach for a first round QB. They need to resist the urge and concentrate on the lines. I think a franchise QB is the most important piece of the puzzle but I don't see one available.

- The d-line is definately getting long in the tooth. It would have also been a trainwreck if the injury bug got to a few players. Both lines need to be supplanted with quality bodies.

- I don't see it working in Toronto but I hope you're right.

- It would be a great show if they both met undefeated, but it can't happen because I like Philly. :unsure:

- True but it's fair to hate the way someone performs.

Random thoughts from today:

-Kawika Mitchell's twitter comments are an embarrasment to the team. I like how he says "from now on it will be handled in the clubhouse". Right Mitchell, because you didn't just rip a new teammate publicly. There are no leaders on this team.

-Jerry Jones is going to make alot of bold moves this offseason. He just built that football mecca and it isn't going the way he planned. Nobody does it like the Yankees!

-The Arizona Cardinals are going to let Boldin go and it won't be all that bad. Breaston and Doucet are on the verge of breaking out.

-Trent Edwards should replace Jim Sorgi. Sorgi has made enough money in the easiest position the NFL has ever known. Besides Trent is smart enough to assist Peyton and he could extend his career. Not likely though because Peyton loves Sorgi.

-IMO, the tightend position is not a top need for once this offseason. Nelson has shown flashes and I think Schouman looked really good pre-injury.

-The Bills should think about going after Jason Campbell. I'm being serious too. He is the best QB that will be available in free agency this offseason. He is still young enough to have a fraction of upside but experienced enough to be an immediate starter. I have no illusions that Campbell is the future of the Bills but he could be a decent stopgap. I know all about his struggles but he has looked better at times this season. He is also experienced at playing behind a terrible o-line, with terrible coaching, and terrible weapons. Sounds perfect! Bring in Campbell, a rookie, Edwards, Fitzy, and Brohm to compete at training camp. Before you say no, review the other options. Pennington's career is a ?

-Terrell Owens hasn't lost a step, he isn't washed up, and he isn't dogging it on the field. When given the opportunity to showcase his abilities here, he has shown every bit of explosiveness he has always had. The guy is still a freak and rabid about his conditioning. In open space he is difficult to tackle and still breaks away from defenders with speed. Obviously his hands are suspect at times but that's nothing new. Our only elite player. He could have had a TO type season.

-The Patsies won't win the AFC east next year. That defense is in a shambles. They can't get to the QB and the secondary is terrible. I have a strange feeling Randy Moss is not through being a distraction either. Couldn't happen to a better team. :doh:

-The Philadelphia Eagles are going to the superbowl. Just calling my shot early! :wallbash: It's all about how you perform under pressure and Mcnabbs healthy. They are a team that plays to the level of their competition. It isn't a good trait but it works in the postseason.

-I don't care if our next coach has a superbowl ring or not. It doesn't matter if he has NFL head coaching experience. I want a guy that has a PLAN and an attitude to go along with it. The team hasn't had a dominant leader in along time. From the outside looking in, I think alot of the personalities on this team would respond to a Singeltary type. The 49ers play with a fire in their belly. That is fun to watch and his attitude is reflected through them.

-Let's hear your most random thoughts. I just admitted to wanting Campbell! Beat that

I like the Vikings to go to the Superbowl in the NFC if they get a first round bye.

Being in Chicago and seeing/hearing Singletary in recent years was enough to convince me the guy would be a winner as a head coach. In addition to his passion, he's a bright guy, commands respect and is a tireless worker. Big miss that the Bills didn't interview him when Jauron was hired IMO.

Modrak and Guy, it's been nice knowing ya.

Bills have to get solid on the O-line in a hurry. #1 priority in my book. QB = 1a, DL = 1b.

Ralph being so old and the uncertainty of the future of the team is a big limitation in hiring a coach IMO. Top coaches want stable ownership. Ralph could easily be gone or unable to lead in a couple years.

I predict Ralph will annouce intentions to sell at least a portion of the team in less than a year. I have my reasons for believing this. No facts just a strong hunch. I have never believed him when he stated he would not sell the team before his death.

Philly is not going to the SB with McNabb again. That already happened once. How does he get by either NO or Minn, two far better teams with better QBs?

Add ARI to that list. Sure, they play like Jeckle and Hyde, but when it comes to the Playoffs, Warner is a gem.