Fired for running a fantasy football league

KD in CA

You also have to look at this from a business point of view. If they made it clear that they are not to discuss gambling or have anything to do with it on work time then it was the workers own fault. Also the 90 minute phone call about football, was that on company time? I would be missed off as well if one of my workers was talking football while he was getting paid to work.

With that in mind, I dont think he should have been fired. Reprimanded: Yes Fired: No

No bashing, just facts...the guy flat out sucks. He had no business starting in the NFL, only under Jauron would Trent ever sniff a starting job.

When will people understand that failing as a QB in Buffalo is not a true indication of playing ability?

He wasn't wrongfully terminated. Its a private company, at least thats my understanding, so they don't need a reason to fire you, legally. You can get fired for giving your boss the evil eye and not win in court.

Actually, that's not true. Probably can't sue, but you can get unemployment. I was let go for basically the reason you listed -- but I was awarded unemployment because it wasn't a justified reason...

...and then I got a 15% payraise by going to a new company a month later. :thumbsup:

Actually, that's not true. Probably can't sue, but you can get unemployment. I was let go for basically the reason you listed -- but I was awarded unemployment because it wasn't a justified reason...

...and then I got a 15% payraise by going to a new company a month later. :thumbsup:

Yea but for this reason they deemd it gambling i believe so terminated with cause and no unemployment.

Even in your case it would be very hard to "sue" and get tons o money.