BROHM

Let me proffer another possibility, albeit convoluted and far-fetched...

Maybe, just maybe, it's because he was just signed four weeks ago, on November 19th (2 days after Jauron's firing), and might be trying to learn the names of his new teammates while assimilating the playbook.

I know, I know...that's just too far-fetched - please just forget I suggested it.

hahahhahahahaha...nice post :thumbsup:

Its astonishing to me that so many people seem to think that because we are not throwing a QB out there who has never played, is in his second year, and been here 4 weeks that it somehow means its becuase Brohm is not good enough. ESPECIALLY since the new coaching staff said he wont play this year because he wont be ready coming in mid season right when we got him...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No its his claim to be Christian as an excuse for being the BMOC for four years and not having a girlfriend let alone having sex, when he goes to Florida where the hottest chicks in the world study. In 2010.

Seems odd.

Maybe he's a serial killer???

I understand maybe not liking his mechanics as a QB, or not being a fan of Florida, but why would you question his personal lifestyle?? Is it that hard to believe that maybe he really is a good kid with a good christian upbringing??

Maybe you're being sarcastic and I'm totally missing it, and frankly, I hope that's it.

OTOH, Vick may be available to us for the right price. Let's bring him in instead, we don't have enough thuggery in our locker room as is.... :thumbsup:

edit - stupid quote function, sorry.....

Link?

He was on Green Bay's practice squad. He was beaten out for the backup QB job by a seventh-rounder who was drafted in the same year as Brohm.

That's all the proof you need.

Doesn't mean Brohm won't be terrific. But he sure hasn't been good so far. If he could be drafted again this year, he'd go somewhere after the 5th round (as proven by the fact that he was weeks and weeks on the practice squad where anyone could have picked him up for nothing. And nobody bothered till we came along.)

Um, this is his second year, so it isnt "after 2 years in the league" it was after ONE. Secondly, you put the guys on your 53 man roster you feel are ready to step in now. The Packers felt Flynn came along quicker than Brohm but didnt want to lose Brohm so they put him on the PS until he was ready. They even tried to KEEP him when we signed him, but Brohm said no since he knows he will never get a chance to play behind Rodgers.

Why is this so complicated from some people to grasp?

Alpha, if you wanted to keep him so bad, you'd have put him on the roster in the first place. As an example, take a look at our practice squad. Do you see any rare polished gems there? The practice squad is for projects, guys who might possibly work out but guys who you could afford to lose if someone picks them up.

There's nothing complicated to grasp, except possibly that when you put somebody on the practice squad, you are saying that they are expendable.

Actually, they sometimes do just that - when they decide to keep 6 running backs (3 RBs & 3 FBs) and only 2 QBs on their active roster/depth chart, as Green Bay does. (The Bills, by contrast, carry only 2 RBs & 1 FB.)

Interesting comment you made on the practice-squad talent thing too - you may have forgotten that the Bills initially cut Jason Peters, then - after he cleared waivers - re-signed him...to their practice squad!!! :thumbsup:

Yeah, when Peters was a 330 pound TIGHT END WHO HAD NEVER PLAYED OFFENSIVE LINE. In short, when he was a total project.

The minute they thought he was a keeper, they brought him up. The Bills had Pat Williams on the practice squad too. When they had no idea whether he had talent enough to stick.

And Senator, if the Packers sometimes put first-round talents on the practice squad, where are they? I don't see any right now, and you know what, if OBD did, they'd snap him up in a half a second, which is why you don't put guys like that on the practice squad.

Who are the first round talents among the stalwarts on the GB practice squad?

Undrafted FA QB Chris Pizzotti?

Undrafted FA WR Patrick Williams?

The awesomely named undrafted FA RB Kregg Lumpkin?

Undrafted FA LB Robert Francois who's been on two other practice squads?

Undrafted FA G Stanley Daniels who they dropped from the practice squad and picked up a few weeks later?

Undrafted FA TE Tom Crabtree who was on the Chiefs practice squad till they let him go?

Undrafted NT Anthony Toribio who spent time on Miami's practice squad till they dropped him?

or undrafted FA DE Ronald Talley?

Seriously, where are the gems there with first-round talent?

I ask this without knowing the answer -- is there another second-round draft pick on any practice squad around the league? Or was Brohm the highest-drafted player allowed to sink to practice squad level? Is there another first or second-round guy on a practice squad? If there is, that would definitely bolster your argument a bit.

The Rams had a backup that Vermeil would not use during the regular season. Even as Tony Banks continued to show he did not belong in the NFL this back-up was eating up the Ram defense in practice. Instead of letting the guy have a chance to show what he could do, he sat all year and the Rams and signed an emerging QB, Trent Green from Washington in the offseason. In the middle of preseason, Green blows out a knee and the Rams think their season just blew up in their face. This time they had no choice but to play Kurt Warner and the rest is history. Moral: Play Brohm and see if you have something.

Was Warner ever exposed on the practice squad?

Hey, I'm not saying that Brohm has no chance. And I'm not saying that we shouldn't play him, personally, I'd like to see it. But I am saying that he is just a flier, that he has NOT been good so far in the NFL.

Apparently more often than you think...

Warren Moon

Kurt Warner

Jeff Garcia

Jake Delhomme

Tony Romo

Interesting fact I just tripped over...when last season's playoffs kicked off, the 12 playoff teams had 167 undrafted free agents on their roster...

Link - Undrafted players have huge role for playoff teams

Now I've posted this before, but maybe it bears reminding some folks of a few of the other more prominent NFL stars that were overlooked in the NFL draft...

Fred Jackson

Brian Moorman

Pat Williams

London Fletcher

Jason Peters

Adewale Ogunleye

James Harrison

Antonio Pierce

Bart Scott

Nick Harper

Quintin Mikell

Randall Gay

Willie Parker

Priest Holmes

Wes Welker

Rod Smith

Wayne Chrebet

Nate Washington

Antonio Gates

Jeff Saturday

Kris Deilman

Shaun O'Hara

Brian Waters

Adam Vinateri

Mike Vanderjagt

Joshua Cribbs

Mack Strong

Clifton Smith

etc.

So if you think that an occasional star doesn't escape notice by even the best of scouts, think again.

Senator, call me nuts, call me crazy (not like you don't already), but I don't think that a single one of these guys ...

... was drafted in the second round like Brohm.

This is a totally different situation. Guys like these absolutely DO fall through the cracks. Brohm didn't.

What? Rodges is easily a top 10 QB in this league, is young, and arguably top 5 already and only getting better. Yet you think because they forced Brett the flip flop Farve out that they would have forced Rodgers into retirement if Brohm showed "potential"?????? Geezus...the crap flows deep in here...

Only to you would that make sense...So you are saying that becuase GB didnt force Rodgers out after such a great showing in his first year as a starter that Brohm somehow is trash, esecially considering Rodgers is already a top 10 QB and argubaly top 5 in the league.

In fact, only 3 guys certainly ahead of him are Brees, Manning and Brady...outside of that you can argue if he is the 4th best to about the 6th best right now...but by your logic, because GB didnt force him into retirement as you just wrote, that must mean Brohm is a bust...

It's very very reasonable that Brohm didn't beat out Rodgers. But for Pete's sake, Matt Flynn??????????

Maybe, just maybe, it's because he was just signed four weeks ago, on November 19th (2 days after Jauron's firing), and might be trying to learn the names of his new teammates while assimilating the playbook.

I know, I know...that's just too far-fetched - please just forget I suggested it.

This is an excellent point and makes sense.

Too obvious. :thumbsup:

Add to that the point that this offense is likely history come January and do you want to cram it down his throat for maybe one or two games at the end of a lost season and I think we may have figured it out...

It's very very reasonable that Brohm didn't beat out Rodgers. But for Pete's sake, Matt Flynn??????????

Flynn and Brohm are young...why would it be so hard to understand one guy may have grasped the playbook faster than the other? One of the two would have to start if Rodgers goes down, they deemed Flynn more ready and GB actually loves Flynn...You have to dress the 2 QB's who can step in and play right now...they felt Flynn was ready first, big deal...so a rookie QB didnt get the offense down well enough in his first year...

Besides loving Flynn and of course Rodgers, they still tried to keep him from us...

Don't know if Brohm will become a top QB in the NFL (really, who does?) but one thing for sure, it won't happen in Buffalo, not based on recent history.

Remember the excitement about Bledsoe coming to the Bills? Started off great, then began declining. But, hey, we said, with an improved team around him, he'll be solid next season. Only he wasn't. In fact, he seemed to get worse as the season went on.

But why worry? The Bills had their franchise QB of the future in Losman. So in he came in and did alright. You could see the promise...with just a little bit of work and an improved team around him, he'll be solid next season. Only he wasn't. In fact, he seemed to get worse as the season went on. Maybe next year it'll turn around for him. But it didn't. Hard to believe, but he was even worse. By the end of the year, he was a mess.

But why worry? The Bills had their latest franchise QB of the future in Edwards. So he came in and did alright. You could see the promise...with just a little bit of work and an improved team around, he'll be solid next season. Only he wasn't. In fact, he seemed to get worse as the season went on. Maybe next year it'll turn around for him. But it didn't. Hard to believe, but he was even worse. At the end, he was a mess.

So what's the common thread besides perhaps overrating all three QBs (which, if true, is a damning comment on the Brain Trust)? That not only don't they get better and better season by season, or at least remain the same limited player, they actually get worse. How is such a thing possible? Okay, maybe once that happens, like with Bledsoe who was in physical decline. But three times in a row your QB visibly declines as time goes on? That ain't coincidence, that's incompetence in the coaching on a monumental scale.

On a thread elsewhere, someone mentioned that Jim Fassel straightened out Losman's screwed-up mechanics. If true, where did his mechanics get screwed up? And if they were already screwed up when he got to Buffalo, how come no one cleaned them up?

So my bet is that QB success in Buffalo, "Graveyard of Quarterbacks," will elude Brohm and any other QB who plays there unless and until some fundamental changes are made in the organization.

Sounds like Jason Campbell will be available. We could get him as our QB next that doesn't quite have it.

I think getting Dungy and Vick is our best option right now.

Vick is our best answer! Dude I'm skeptical as hell right now but come on. If Ron Mexico is our best option then we are much worse off than I thought. I would swear off the Bills forever if that sub-human wore our jersey. Not only does he spread vd, torture and kill dogs, lie to his coach and owner, but he is trash pure and simple. His brother is trash and so is he. I'm all for second chances as I've had a few myself, but Vick is a despicable animal!