Can we stop calling for Lynch to be traded now?

BillsfaninFl

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i for the life of me can not understand why alot of posters keep saying jackson is old or will only be around for a few more years.

the guy does not have the normal wear and tear that running backs that entered the nfl at age 22-23 have at 29.

why is that so hard to get? everybody talks about jackson like he's been in the nfl for 7 years.

i dont think we can fairly compare jackson's wear to a typical nfl runningback

I agree to some extent that he does not have the normal wear and tear of a typical NFL back, but he has been playing football the entire time. He didnt just come off a stint with UPS and not get pounded on every week. And with a running back, regardless of wear and tear, it comes down to age. Just like Olympic athletes, or any other sport for that reason. It is not likely to see someone play past 30. It just doesnt happen that much unless you are a physical freak of nature.

i for the life of me can not understand why alot of posters keep saying jackson is old or will only be around for a few more years.

the guy does not have the normal wear and tear that running backs that entered the nfl at age 22-23 have at 29.

why is that so hard to get? everybody talks about jackson like he's been in the nfl for 7 years.

i dont think we can fairly compare jackson's wear to a typical nfl runningback

Running backs still get hit hard each carry, whether they are plating in the NFL, NFL Europe, or any pro league. So I cannot agree that Fred doesn't have the mileage on him that others his age do. However, it is not a foregone conclusion that when a back reaches 30 his career is almost over. It may be the norm, but "it ain't necessarily so." Health issues kill more NFL careers than "losing a step." We can only hope Freddie stays relatively healthy.