DraftTek Positional Needs For December

Astrobot

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did it the other way (QB to P2 and OT to P1) and we took Bulaga and Tebow, which I like better...

I can put a Grab in for Dan LeFevour for Round 4-5...and have Tebow, Brohm, and LeFevour fight it out at St. John Fisher!

:thumbsup:

Tebow is not an NFL QB imo.

The whole DraftTek simulation:

7 Buffalo *Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa

39 Buffalo Tim Tebow QB Florida

70 Buffalo *Brian Price DT43 UCLA

102 Buffalo Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan

134 Buffalo *Lawrence Wilson OLB43 Connecticut

166 Buffalo *Jason Pierre-Paul DE43 South Florida

198 Buffalo Eric Olsen OG Notre Dame

I suggest that Tebow, with proper (read "new") coaching and enhancements on the o-line, could be used in a multitude of ways.

MHP for the Bills 2010 Positional Needs:

Rounds 1-3 a DT, LT and QB as follows:

1. DT at "pick value" (or LT or QB at "pick value", respectively)

2. LT at "pick value" (or DT or QB at "pick value", respectively)

3. QB at "pick value" (or DT or LT at "pick value", respectively)

Rounds 4-7 MLB, DE, OL, and DL.

4. MLB

5. DE

6. Best OL available

7. Best DL available

Recap: 3 DL, 2 OL, QB, MLB

Rip away.

MHP for the Bills 2010 Positional Needs:

Rounds 1-3 a DT, LT and QB as follows:

1. DT at "pick value" (or LT or QB at "pick value", respectively)

2. LT at "pick value" (or DT or QB at "pick value", respectively)

3. QB at "pick value" (or DT or LT at "pick value", respectively)

Rounds 4-7 MLB, DE, OL, and DL.

4. MLB

5. DE

6. Best OL available

7. Best DL available

Recap: 3 DL, 2 OL, QB, MLB

Rip away.

I simulated your draft with DraftTek's Simulator.

Round 1: DT Gerald McCoy was already selected at #4 by Detroit, and so I went with DT Terrence Cody (would have been taken 17th by Miami).

Round 2: LT Bruce Campbell of Maryland was grabbed by Washington right before our pick, so I had to reach for LT Selvish Capers of WVU. He would have been drafted by Seattle at #45.

Round 3: QB's are thin in this round, but I got QB Tony Pike of Cincinnati, who we think will go around #82. Jevan Snead is right in that same area, and was actually our draft's pick for Buffalo in the 4th Round.

Round 4: MLB in this round is not as easy as OLB: OLB Michael Morgan of USC should be the pick. You hate Poz?

Round 5: You have your choice of DE's here: DE Ryan Kerrigan of Purdue or DE Dekoda Watson of Florida State. We have Kerrigan slightly ahead of Watson.

Round 6: Best OL is junior OC Ryan McMahon at Florida State. I like the DE junior *Jason Pierre-Paul from USF here, too. If you did this, you could get Joe Pawelek ILB in Round 5 and junior OT Jarriel King of South Carolina in Round 4...

Round 7: Best DL here is likely to be DT Lamarr Houston of Texas unless he shines in the championship game or combine.

Nice draft and some things to think about!

The whole DraftTek simulation:

7 Buffalo *Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa (Not sure about him as a LT)

39 Buffalo Tim Tebow QB Florida (!@#$ NO)

70 Buffalo *Brian Price DT43 UCLA (LOL, this guy is 1st round talent in R3, yea right)

102 Buffalo Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan (Eh, I guess but 2 QB in the 1st 4 rounds, no)

134 Buffalo *Lawrence Wilson OLB43 Connecticut (Never saw him play)

166 Buffalo *Jason Pierre-Paul DE43 South Florida (LOL, in R6 you get JPP, lol, okay)

198 Buffalo Eric Olsen OG Notre Dame (Depth C/G, good pick)

I suggest that Tebow, with proper (read "new") coaching and enhancements on the o-line, could be used in a multitude of ways.

BOLD

Round 1: DT Gerald McCoy was already selected at #4 by Detroit, and so I went with DT Terrence Cody (would have been taken 17th by Miami).

Round 2: LT Bruce Campbell of Maryland was grabbed by Washington right before our pick, so I had to reach for LT Selvish Capers of WVU. He would have been drafted by Seattle at #45.

Round 3: QB's are thin in this round, but I got QB Tony Pike of Cincinnati, who we think will go around #82. Jevan Snead is right in that same area, and was actually our draft's pick for Buffalo in the 4th Round.

Round 4: MLB in this round is not as easy as OLB: OLB Michael Morgan of USC should be the pick. You hate Poz?

Round 5: You have your choice of DE's here: DE Ryan Kerrigan of Purdue or DE Dekoda Watson of Florida State. We have Kerrigan slightly ahead of Watson.

Round 6: Best OL is junior OC Ryan McMahon at Florida State. I like the DE junior *Jason Pierre-Paul from USF here, too. If you did this, you could get Joe Pawelek ILB in Round 5 and junior OT Jarriel King of South Carolina in Round 4...

Round 7: Best DL here is likely to be DT Lamarr Houston of Texas unless he shines in the championship game or combine.

Dekoda Watson is like 225 pounds, and plays LB at Florida State, how is he a DE?????

Cody is a beast, we would be lucky to get him and all these player could help this francise.

We don't have compensatory picks yet.

If it's based on the size of Peters' ass, it'll become a high second VERY-round pick.

;)

If it's based on the size of Peters' fat ass, we'll be drafting Ndamukong Suh!

Seriously, I thought the trade was for a first and fourth in '09, and a sixth in 2010... :wallbash:

link

(Compensatory picks are based on free-agency losses, no?)

Some of you have commented on the picks that the computer made based on our positional needs.

Ironically, those of you who have criticized the picks didn't contribute when I asked for positional needs.

A new draft comes out first thing tomorrow at DraftTek (I believe a 4-rounder) here:

http://www.drafttek.com

Don't like the picks? Let's discuss it.

If you want to see the Big Board it's here:

http://www.drafttek.com/2010players.asp

See a player that's ranked too high or too low? Let me know.

The third way to contribute would be to run a simulation and post Bills picks. The simulator is here:

http://drafttek.com/new%20simulator/frmLogin.aspx

You can simulate trades, lock out Tebow, grab a player if he falls that low, and change the order of picks.

Astro

Which round can the Bills draft Max Hall?

Don't know much about him - except that, apparently, he doesn't like Utah...

On November 28, 2009 Hall and his team won a close game against the Utah Utes in overtime 26-23. After the game, Hall commented that "I don't like Utah. In fact, I hate them. I hate everything about them. I hate their program, I hate their fans, I hate everything." When asked about these comments later, Hall stated "I think the whole university, their fans and their organization is [sic] classless."

Sounds a bit like Brian Cox - wonder what he thinks of Miami? :wallbash:

Don't know much about him - except that, apparently, he doesn't like Utah...

On November 28, 2009 Hall and his team won a close game against the Utah Utes in overtime 26-23. After the game, Hall commented that "I don't like Utah. In fact, I hate them. I hate everything about them. I hate their program, I hate their fans, I hate everything." When asked about these comments later, Hall stated "I think the whole university, their fans and their organization is [sic] classless."

Sounds a bit like Brian Cox - wonder what he thinks of Miami? :wallbash:

Well from what I understand, he's beaten some good teams for three years in a row with pretty nice stats. His arm looks good in the highlights I've seen, and yet most draft boards have this guy going in the 6th round. A couple 11 win seasons, the guy seems pretty athletic. He meets Parcell's criteria (He's 24, mature mentally, and has consistently thrown for more than 30 TDs/season). I'll take him with the Peters pick we got.