Moulds, Bledsoe, Henry all gone

JP-era

So let me get this straight, Moulds isnt beating speedy CB's with his legs anymore, has had the dropsies as of late, is thiry something, is set to make 8.5 mil next season, and is now questioning his future with the team?

Umm, can you say gone? Trade him after the season for a youngster to go opposite Evans (yes I think Evans has the speed and the BEST hands on the team). How about to TItans for Calico or Dallas for Qunicy Morgan plus a 1st rounder.

Yes, Moulds may be our best player, but he isnt getting any younger, is now costing a fortune, isnt a deep threat, and will command a kings ransom in trade. Get it done, get the picks plus a player with a bright future. Evans becomes our #1, and we add a young guy to compete. How about stealing a very high 1st for a second next year (that we get from trading Travis) and then taking Mike Williams!!!! So, Evans and Williams are our WR's...can you say SICK!!

Next, Bledslow isnt worth 6 mil next year. We wont get jack for him in a trade so simply cut him and use the cap cash on the o-line. Hell, either sign Jennings or get one of the stud LT's in the league, if one happens to not be franchised next year. Losmans our future, do you think Moulds wont B word to holy high hell when Losman goes through his learning pains with losses on the field? Losman needs to start...umm...NOW to get through his learning and get into the playoffs again!!!

Travis is gone, we all know that. I saw the comments on the stack of top notch RB's set to be available. Shaun Alexander is the best, you could argue he gets franchised which means Walter Jones is now available to us using the cap savings from Moulds an Bledsoe, or Seattle could very well sign him outright and franchise Jones again or vice versa, this will be the most interesting team to watch for us. I could very well end up that Jones is headed out of Sea. Holy crap would I crap my pants if he was ours next year! Anyways, the worst situation would be for Shaun to be in FA next year, Travis would instantly be worth squat. Add in the Ricky factor, does he actually come back in the league? if so yet another guy killing Travises value, and we might be in trouble. James wont leave INDY. Mark my words!!!

So, I am not one to hold on to over the hill, has-beens who are on the down side of their careers. If the Moulds situation is what it is, and he doesnt want to play for us when Losman starts, trade his damn ass yesterday, Evans is one year from being an unquestionable starter. Why wait, start him now and deal with the questions. Get the high pick for Moulds move to early 1st and get Mike Williams. Cut Bledslow, use the cap cash on the o-line. Losman starts permanently, and we get the pick for Travis.

Could be a fun offseason with a MAJOR changing of the guard, and a start at a new future that may yield our SB ring!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me get this straight, Moulds isnt beating speedy CB's with his legs anymore, has had the dropsies as of late, is thiry something, is set to make 8.5 mil next season, and is now questioning his future with the team?

Umm, can you say gone? Trade him after the season for a youngster to go opposite Evans (yes I think Evans has the speed and the BEST hands on the team). How about to TItans for Calico or Dallas for Qunicy Morgan plus a 1st rounder.

Yes, Moulds may be our best player, but he isnt getting any younger, is now costing a fortune, isnt a deep threat, and will command a kings ransom in trade. Get it done, get the picks plus a player with a bright future. Evans becomes our #1, and we add a young guy to compete. How about stealing a very high 1st for a second next year (that we get from trading Travis) and then taking Mike Williams!!!! So, Evans and Williams are our WR's...can you say SICK!!

Next, Bledslow isnt worth 6 mil next year. We wont get jack for him in a trade so simply cut him and use the cap cash on the o-line. Hell, either sign Jennings or get one of the stud LT's in the league, if one happens to not be franchised next year. Losmans our future, do you think Moulds wont B word to holy high hell when Losman goes through his learning pains with losses on the field? Losman needs to start...umm...NOW to get through his learning and get into the playoffs again!!!

Travis is gone, we all know that. I saw the comments on the stack of top notch RB's set to be available. Shaun Alexander is the best, you could argue he gets franchised which means Walter Jones is now available to us using the cap savings from Moulds an Bledsoe, or Seattle could very well sign him outright and franchise Jones again or vice versa, this will be the most interesting team to watch for us. I could very well end up that Jones is headed out of Sea. Holy crap would I crap my pants if he was ours next year! Anyways, the worst situation would be for Shaun to be in FA next year, Travis would instantly be worth squat. Add in  the Ricky factor, does he actually come back in the league? if so yet another guy killing Travises value, and we might be in trouble. James wont leave INDY. Mark my words!!!

So, I am not one to hold on to over the hill, has-beens who are on the down side of their careers. If the Moulds situation is what it is, and he doesnt want to play for us when Losman starts, trade his damn ass yesterday, Evans is one year from being an unquestionable starter. Why wait, start him now and deal with the questions. Get the high pick for Moulds move to early 1st and get Mike Williams. Cut Bledslow, use the cap cash on the o-line. Losman starts permanently, and we get the pick for Travis.

Could be a fun offseason with a MAJOR changing of the guard, and a start at a new future that may yield our SB ring!!!

124378[/snapback]

Sorry, dont misunderstand my trade. It would be Moulds for a mid or late first or outright plus a second (Travis trade) all traded for a very high 1st. Then we grab Mike Williams. Even if this doesnt happen, I say we grab Grafonso Thorpe in the arly second!!!!! You heard it here first! Sick speed, hands, and size. Injury questions is why he has dropped.

I think if we trade moulds we would be BETTER. Everyone in the league knows we are throwing to moulds. Start dividing that stevestojan up. Brady on average hits 5-6 different WR's, TE's or RB's per game. THAT is the key folks.

Yeah lets trade him now because the market for 32 year old WR making 8.5 million has got to be a sellers market!!

124669[/snapback]

Yep I can see every team in the league lining up for a shot at trading away their 1st and assuming Moulds' large salary and rapidly dimnishing skills.

Everyone in the league knows we are throwing to moulds.  Start dividing that stevestojan up. Brady on average hits 5-6 different WR's, TE's or RB's per game.  THAT is the key folks.

124523[/snapback]

you ever think the reason bledsoe keeps throwing to moulds is becuase:

1) hes the best WR on our team.

2) hes the only WR on our team that has really reliable hands.

3) hes the only WR that seems to get open, even though hes double teamed all the time

4) no other WR on our team has shown the ability to replace him as the #1 guy.

5) the plays called on offence most often have him as the go-to-guy, and bledsoe wont sit in the pocket long enouph to find another reciever.... or he gets sacked befor he finds another reciever.

we get rid of moulds, we wont even beat arizona....

who will trade a 1st rounder (which we have to get if hes traded) for an old WR worth 8 mil in cap hit??

NE's coaches designes plays for other people on the team to get the best matchups. we havent shown the ability to do that. and they also dont have a great WR, just a bunch of good ones. its worked for them.

WHY DONT WE JUST CUT ONE OF THE BEST GUYS ON OUR TEAM??? THAT WILL HELP OUR OFFENCE ..... :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

moulds will restructure.

henry is gone. (2nd rounder)

Bledsoe will not go anywhere. he will e the #2 guy, and mentor J.P.

this is what i see happen. if we loose moulds, we wont even be able to beat arizona.

124446[/snapback]

6 mil for a backup? thats just poor management.

you ever think the reason bledsoe keeps throwing to moulds is becuase:

1) hes the best WR on our team.

2) hes the only WR on our team that has really reliable hands.

3) hes the only WR that seems to get open, even though hes double teamed all the time

4) no other WR on our team has shown the ability to replace him as the #1 guy.

5) the plays called on offence most often have him as the go-to-guy, and bledsoe wont sit in the pocket long enouph to find another reciever.... or he gets sacked befor he finds another reciever.

we get rid of moulds, we wont even beat arizona....

who will trade a 1st rounder (which we have to get if hes traded) for an old WR worth 8 mil in cap hit??

NE's coaches designes plays for other people on the team to get the best matchups. we havent shown the ability to do that. and they also dont have a great WR, just a bunch of good ones. its worked for them.

WHY DONT WE JUST CUT ONE OF THE BEST GUYS ON OUR TEAM??? THAT WILL HELP OUR OFFENCE .....  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

124813[/snapback]

How hard will Moulds play when we are 1 and 5 with Losman as the starter if hes already "thinking" about his future with the team when he has Bledsoe at the helm?

Sorry, he may be the best player on our squad (very debateable) but the LAST thing this team needs is a problem in the locker room. Especially from one of our supposed leaders! We truly WILL become the Bengals if Moulds starts pulling the Dillon routine!

Yep I can see every team in the league lining up for a shot at trading away their 1st and assuming Moulds' large salary and rapidly dimnishing skills.

124807[/snapback]

Better than us being stuck with his huge cap hit and rapidly diminishing skills! I dont mind paying the guy if he starts stepping up in other areas like leadership and forcing the team to find a winners attitude. At this point he is headed the other way and becoming a potential problem. Add his cap hit, age, declining skills, and now attitude problem all together and I say ship him elsewhere or cut him!

No one will want moulds unless he restructures and if we trade him our receiving corpse will deminish. Evans will get doubled then and be very ineffective, so on. Plus it isnt that his skills are declining rapidly, its that he has no help from the other recievers so he gets doubled/tripled/or doubled with a spy always watching him.

Problem with Moulds is he wants for him, not the team. Id rather we had palyers that want to be here no matter how ugly things get. Moulds will be gone simply because he has come out again and said he is not sure what he'll do. #1 why isnt he concentrating on this year? Why is he already looking for next year? That is someone who has quit and surely last week should be proof that he has quit. Just like TH, last year he made 4 and 1 at the goal line. This year he gave up, and thats why he's on the bench and gone with Moulds.

Ok lets clear the air here with FACTS....

1) Lee evens has as much if not more talent than moulds did coming out. Less head issues too. No ordering Pizza at practice BS. No breaking down his GF's door and beating on her etc. (funny how folks forget these things).

2) Throw evans the GDamn ball folks! Christ he has had ONE stupid drop. throw him the ball instead of the obligitory 25 attempts to Moulds and the kid will develop just fine.

3) Moulds is now hinting he wants out. Just like with PP if the man doesn't want to be here the are 8 million reasons to trade him.

4) Pre trade restructures/ Agreements to a new deal when the trade is done, are done ALL the time.

5) the loss of eric moulds will not destroy this offense. Has anyone noticed....we are rebuilding AGAIN! Rookie WR, Rookie RB soon to be a ROOKIE QB. That folks is rebuilding. Time to do so NOW.

There will be plenty of #2 possession WR's out there to pick up. The offense will be fine IF we get these guys REPS. Do some work on the OL and we move on.

Ok lets clear the air here with FACTS....

2) Throw evans the GDamn ball folks!  Christ he has had ONE stupid drop. throw him the ball instead of the obligitory 25 attempts to Moulds and the kid will develop just fine.

125545[/snapback]

Actually, he has two stupid drops. One of them was at home on a comeback route (Fish?) when he was WIDE open and the other was a cross against the Pats. Just for clarification.