Ross Tucker on Playing With Injuries

Realist

Here's a Ross Tucker article on CNNSI. He talks about how and why players play with injuries and what their teamates may think of them.

Tucker Article

Here's the part where it sounds exactly like the Mike Williams saga in Buffalo. If this is about Williams, apparently his line mates felt exactly the same way about him as the fans did.

"One year in the NFL I started on an offensive line in which three guys, including myself, had surgery after the season for one thing or another. One of the two who didn't have surgery had missed parts of several games with a torn oblique yet still tried to play through the injury. The fifth member of the line, however, refused to play through a couple of minor injuries on multiple occasions. As a result he never really fit in with the rest of the group and was somewhat ostracized. The message was loud and clear as far as we were concerned: he could not be trusted to do the things the rest of us were willing to do for each other. And yes, as far as offensive lines go, I do believe that one bad apple can spoil the bunch."

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Listening to Tucker this morning on Sirius NFL. Really like him. He commented on the Bills losing a big advantage having to play a division rival for the second season in a row, late in the year in Toronto.

Here's a Ross Tucker article on CNNSI. He talks about how and why players play with injuries and what their teamates may think of them.

Tucker Article

Here's the part where it sounds exactly like the Mike Williams saga in Buffalo. If this is about Williams, apparently his line mates felt exactly the same way about him as the fans did.

"One year in the NFL I started on an offensive line in which three guys, including myself, had surgery after the season for one thing or another. One of the two who didn't have surgery had missed parts of several games with a torn oblique yet still tried to play through the injury. The fifth member of the line, however, refused to play through a couple of minor injuries on multiple occasions. As a result he never really fit in with the rest of the group and was somewhat ostracized. The message was loud and clear as far as we were concerned: he could not be trusted to do the things the rest of us were willing to do for each other. And yes, as far as offensive lines go, I do believe that one bad apple can spoil the bunch."

Sorry if this has been posted already.

Not Jonas Jennings?

Listening to Tucker this morning on Sirius NFL. Really like him. He commented on the Bills losing a big advantage having to play a division rival for the second season in a row, late in the year in Toronto.

Haha, on ESPN today, the segment with Herm Edwards, he says something along the lines of "Going on the road, in winter, the Jets have a tough game ahead of them" Too bad the Bills are on the road too, the game will be more like a Jet home game with the fans, and the game is indoors.... :cry: Why cant I be an ESPN analyst?