Those who want Fewell as our HC

Poeticlaw

Im saying that there situations are pretty identical and inxperience and emotion of intensity doesnt neccessarily equal success immeadately where as experience could.

Bottom line is we need some better players to compete for a division title no matter who the coach is.

So you're saying that Mike Singletary and Perry Fewell are the same person?

+1

While this may indeed be Fewell's "honeymoon" period where he can do no wrong, it is completely invalid to essentially say what happened with Singletary this year will happen to Fewell next year. We simply do not know. No one knows the future. Yes, Fewell could produce similar results next year as Singletary has this year, but until that actually happens, it's ridiculous to say that it will. It's ridiculous to even presume it -- we simply do not have any idea. They are 2 completely different people, different personnel, different styles, different organizations -- the presumption that it must also happen with Fewell next year is just ridiculous. And even if it does somehow happen to Fewell next year, that in no way validates the argument. It just means that it happened to Fewell and that is all. Doesn't mean it would happen to the next guy in Fewell's shoes, either.

+1

While this may indeed be Fewell's "honeymoon" period where he can do no wrong, it is completely invalid to essentially say what happened with Singletary this year will happen to Fewell next year. We simply do not know. No one knows the future. Yes, Fewell could produce similar results next year as Singletary has this year, but until that actually happens, it's ridiculous to say that it will. It's ridiculous to even presume it -- we simply do not have any idea. They are 2 completely different people, different personnel, different styles, different organizations -- the presumption that it must also happen with Fewell next year is just ridiculous. And even if it does somehow happen to Fewell next year, that in no way validates the argument. It just means that it happened to Fewell and that is all. Doesn't mean it would happen to the next guy in Fewell's shoes, either.

Also, and keep in mind that the evolution from Losman to Edwards to Fitz has been turd, shinier turd, shiniest turd.

But, Fitz is still shinier than any of the turds throwing the ball in the bay area.

God, I can't wait until we have a good quarterback.

I do not want to dismiss Fewell and the energy he has brought to our team. However anything is better then the corpse that once was our HC.

Its easy to get excited when your team is finally showing emotion. The same intensity that gave Mike Sngeltery a 5-4 record as in interim HC that won him the Job. However he is 5-6 this season. Not great by any means.

Let me disect this by goal of the team. IT seams to me the goal is to win! A new inexperiend coach isnt going to do that for our team. IF a mediocre coach can have this team 7-9 the last three seasons imagine what a great coach could potentially do.

I would put it this way if we are not getting a Cower/Shannahan/Gruden/Billick/Fassel/Sherman then and only then would I stick with Fewell.

Point blank if you cannot get the guy who can potentially turn this around next season then you stick with the guy that has the team fired up.

There isnt much that needs to be done to this team to be a legitimate playoff conteder next season and I believe Ralph see this as well. That IMHO why i believe he is looking to go big time with a HC/GM role. Fewell is not likely to get us to that level next season but he could do it the season after that witht he right assitant coaches.

In other words....if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

Well, can you explain why they are never and I mean never seen together Mr. Smarty Pants?!?

Hmmm. You and Beerball make good points. I need to reconsider my position.

Is Fewell really that intense? I think these "reports" are over-exaggerated and it's only noticeable because our last coach was a scarecrow in a baseball hat.

I mean, a guy shows a little emotion on the sideline, makes people practice in the rain and plays music at practice and we're comparing him to Mike friggin' Singletary?

over-exaggerated?

So....we're judging Singletary to be a failure after one year on the job based on his 9-9 record for a team that went 20-51 in the preceding 4 1/2 years?

I'm not sold on Fewell as HC, but I don't think your analysis supports your argument.

I am not calling singeltary a failure by any means. I am using him as a comaprison example that it doesnt mean instant success next year where as an experienced coach may.

I will not even think about comparing Fewell to Singletary, but I do like what Fewell has shown so far. If we cannot land a big name (Cowher, Shannahan) type of coach and we are looking at guys like Fassel or Haslett, then I think were better off with Fewell. He knows what we have, he knows who is capable of playing and what positions. He doesnt seem to show any love for what Dick did when he was here. It looks like the exact opposite of a few weeks ago under Dick. IMO Fewell (along with the other coaches) was handcuffed to the scheme that Dick wanted.

Im not ready to announce that Fewell should be the HC yet, but if he can manage to finish the season with a winning record or even beat the Pats then Im giving him a very long look at what hes done in his short time as HC.

We might even be better saving 7M+/yr on a coach and getting a few more big name free agents in here in the offseason. I say if Fewell does well, then give him the keys and let him bring in what he needs to compete. But keep him on a short leesh.