genomich

let's tally the minuses:

DB trade

MW draft

coy wire draft

ryan denney trade and draft

failure to give up "too Much" to position for drafter Rothesliberger

then, give up too much for JP

acquire Vincent who is old and injury prone (and hurt JP)

Clayton ,is looking like a #1Wr, picked after lee evans

gregg williams

mike mularkey

how much more damage do we let him do?

let's tally the minuses:

DB trade

MW draft

coy wire draft

gregg williams

mike mularkey

123277[/snapback]

Is this Ralph Wilson incognito seeking opinions from the board? Cause if it aint Ralph I am not sure us fans have much of a say in how much more damage we allow Donahoe to do.

No BillsNYC, they said they wanted to trade w/the Texans to get in position to draft Roethlisberger. Of course, we first heard about this after Big Ben won 5 starts as a rookie, and we got the guy we wanted anyway by trading back in the first round to get JP Losman, but it could still be true.

let's tally the minuses:

DB trade

MW draft

coy wire draft

gregg williams

mike mularkey

123277[/snapback]

Sometimes people really need to check the facts before posting.

DB - at the time geno, I'm sure you along with every other Bills fan applauded this move. Considering the choices at the time, this was the right move at the right time. Just remember going into that draft, AVP was the starting QB and their weren't any worthwhile QB's to be had.

MW - see above, at the time, it was the logical pick considering needs. Granted he isn't an All-Pro but given what was available, he by far was the best Tackle, even over McKinnie. If you don't think so, check the Vikings board.

CW and RD - The draft is a crap shoot and that particular draft was one of the thinnest drafts on record. TD took best available at positions that we needed depth. I highly doubt, given the talent level, that TD was looking for All-Pros but looking for depth at positions that we were thin at.

Big Ben - your point here is ridiculous, there weren't any teams willing to make a trade unless TD was going to do a Ditka. This is just stupid to even bring up.

JP - In essence, the Bills gave up a 2nd and a 5th to get a 1st for a 1st. Once again, the draft is a crapshoot and the list of QBs for this upcoming draft is about as thin as they get. This move actually was brilliant, IMO, considering that there were several teams ready to scoop JP up after the Dallas pick. Dallas alone would have taken him if they hadn't traded to get Henson.

TV - injury prone? MORONIC. This guy has hardly missed any games throughout his career and the age issue doesn't make any sense because last time I looked, there were only a couple of CB's in the league that were any better and most of those are in the same age range. Plus the long term plan was to put him at FS.

GW and MM - GW is probably going to be a better coach in this league if he finds the right OC. Also, GW's 1st season can be tossed out given the talent level thanks to Butlers mismanagement of the Cap. The last 2 years were poor OC's and the inablity of the QB to produce consistently. MM is a 1st year coach and there weren't very many coaches available with prior head coaching experience out there, except of course KG but since he was just fired, I don't think TD would have brought him back. MM will be a very good coach in this league with a better QB!!

No BillsNYC, they said they wanted to trade w/the Texans to get in position to draft Roethlisberger.  Of course, we first heard about this after Big Ben won 5 starts as a rookie, and we got the guy we wanted anyway by trading back in the first round to get JP Losman, but it could still be true.

123305[/snapback]

IIRC, Houston was dead set on getting CB Dunta Robinson, and was concerned that Pittsburgh or the NY Jets would pick him if they moved down to the Bill's spot.

let's tally the minuses:

DB trade

MW draft

coy wire draft

gregg williams

mike mularkey

123277[/snapback]

Clayton is thriving because he became the #1 receiver for the team after

Galloway went down and McCardell refused to play....and their running game

was hit to the ground by Pittmans suspension...

Has he been a game breaker....no.....which Evans has been given the sporadic

chances he has been given..

i remember bledsoe, moulds and henry all going to the probowl that year.

M. Williams was the best OT i that draft. (even mell kiper thaught so).

he got W. McGahee when EVERYONE SAID HE WAS CRAZY.

C. Wire started his rookie year (as a 3rd rounder) and put up very good numbers.

denny is a bust, but we needed a DE. and he looked good.

clayton looks good cus they are getting him the ball. how many times has bledsoe throw to him this year?? even i know hes going to throw to moulds EVERY time.

rookie WR rarely show good production. Boulden was a flook, and williams looks great, but most of the passes to him are when hes NOT open and he gets to show his skill. if bledsoe isnt throwing to moulds he gets it to McGahee. Evans has shown some great cetches, and has VERY good speed, but we dont use him as we should.