Giants-Broncos Game Thread

Because this hasn't been sanctioned by the powers-that-be, I can't call it official. That said I'm watching some of the late game from Denver and thought I'd start this up.

There was a sequence in the 2nd quarter that the Broncos' drive stalled due to 3 false start penalties and two dropped passes. On the sidelines, McDaniels gathered up the offense and really let them have it. On the next possession the offense drove down the field and scored the touchdown.

One play on that drive was incredible. Brandon Marshall made a very high, pure vertical leap and snared a high pass with one hand. It was such an amazing play that Orton just shook his head smiling in amazement, there was a cutaway of Giants' DB Tyrell Johnson also shaking his head, smiling in amazement. McDaniels came several yards onto the field to give five to Marshall.

The Broncos are kicking some ass.

I'll admit I didn't like the Josh McDaniels hiring...meaning that I didn't think he'd succeed. They've been stumbling a bit lately losing several in a row but I think Bowlen's onto something here.

Makes me think about hires like him and Sean Payton. I really like the idea of the Bills hiring a really good offensive head coach. It seems like there's plenty of guys who can coach defense but not so many that can coach offense.

Well...I can't believe the Giants are going to lose for the fifth time in the last six weeks. Totally did not see that coming. In fact after they came out 5-0, I was saying that Eli Manning had arrived and might be one of the great quarterbacks in the NFL.

He looks horrible again tonight.

Officially, the game stunk, and I have ignored it most of the way and watched this UT-T A&M game!! :thumbsup:

I guess we're different. I'd rather watch a marginal professional football game than a good college game. Watching college football sometimes drives me nuts. I have a hard time getting past the difference in skill level.

I guess we're different. I'd rather watch a marginal professional football game than a good college game. Watching college football sometimes drives me nuts. I have a hard time getting past the difference in skill level.

I love offensive games vice defensive ones- that's why I hate watching Auburn-LSU or Georgia-Tennessee or other SEC games that usually end 13-10 or 16-13 or something like that. Denver-NY was just a mess on offense, and I got bored. :thumbsup:

I love offensive games vice defensive ones- that's why I hate watching Auburn-LSU or Georgia-Tennessee or other SEC games that usually end 13-10 or 16-13 or something like that. Denver-NY was just a mess on offense, and I got bored. :thumbsup:

I hear yuh. I just can't figure out what's happened to the Giants. Come to think of it, they stumbled down the stretch last year. Maybe it's been a while since they've been really a good team.

Just looked it up. They've gone 7-9 in their last 16 games.

Well...I can't believe the Giants are going to lose for the fifth time in the last six weeks. Totally did not see that coming. In fact after they came out 5-0, I was saying that Eli Manning had arrived and might be one of the great quarterbacks in the NFL.

He looks horrible again tonight.

and with a fair overtime system they'd have lost 6 in a row....

I do exacttly the contrary... I can't stand those "no defense" college games form the Big 12 or the pac 10 but never miss a SEC game if there's one on...

A fair OT system? What, was the other team only allowed ten men on defense or something?

The NFL OT system is a joke. That you can win or lose a game because of a 30 yards drive gained on a tired defense is a joke, that you can win or lose a game basically because of a coin toss is a joke.

The NFL OT system is a joke. That you can win or lose a game because of a 30 yards drive gained on a tired defense is a joke, that you can win or lose a game basically because of a coin toss is a joke.

You can't win or lose based on a coin toss. You need to score while the other team tries to stop you. Just like the rest of the game.

I wonder if Coughlin will get fired :thumbsup:

That's a good point, Mike.

He was beginning to lose the team during their Super Bowl winning season. I think there was a big team meeting where the older players (Strahan, Pierce, etc) voiced their criticisms of his coaching style. The same complaints the players in Jacksonville had about him being a bad listener, a dictator, an autocrat, a guy who pushed them too hard.

After that meeting Coughlin lightened up and the players responded. It could be that he's losing that team again and with the losses mounting that the whole thing might go bad...especially under the intense magnifying light of the New York media.

There's probably a scenario out there that's not that improbable...that Coughlin loses his job after this year and possibly joins the ranks of the John Foxs and Jeff Fishers of the world. In other words, highly respected and successful coaches who came to the end of the line in their current homes, and need a fresh start elsewhere.

That's a good point, Mike.

He was beginning to lose the team during their Super Bowl winning season. I think there was a big team meeting where the older players (Strahan, Pierce, etc) voiced their criticisms of his coaching style. The same complaints the players in Jacksonville had about him being a bad listener, a dictator, an autocrat, a guy who pushed them too hard.

After that meeting Coughlin lightened up and the players responded. It could be that he's losing that team again and with the losses mounting that the whole thing might go bad...especially under the intense magnifying light of the New York media.

There's probably a scenario out there that's not that improbable...that Coughlin loses his job after this year and possibly joins the ranks of the John Foxs and Jeff Fishers of the world. In other words, highly respected and successful coaches who came to the end of the line in their current homes, and need a fresh start elsewhere.

No way Coughlin loses his job 2 years off a Super Bowl victory and one year off home field in the NFC. It wouldn't surprise me to see their DC or Gilbride offered up as a scapegoat, though.