Gruden, Cowher, Holmgren, Schottenheimer...

Thank you for having a brain and seeing my CLEAR and OBVIOUS point!!!

Perhaps, although I'm not sure how you can say that Minnesota, Green Bay, and Chicago all have coaches who "have brought their teams to the top of their respective division," considering that:

(a) they are all in the same division,

(b) only Minnesota is really at the top of the division, with Green Bay hovering around mediocrity and Chicago in a free-fall,

(c ) Minnesota's coach was widely considered to be on the hot seat this season and lucked out by getting a youthful Brett Favre, and

(d) Chicago's coach is almost certainly going to be fired at the end of the season.

I don't necessarily disagree with your approach or argument, just pointing out it isn't as clear and obvious as you would like it to be.

If the Bills have publicly stated they would pay 10 million for Shanahan, wouldn't he be a fool to accept a job now when he could get the Washington job for more money?

The Chargers WILL fire Norv Turner should they fail to make the playoffs...Wade Phillips WILL be fired in Dallas should they fail to make the playoffs.

John Fox is almost history in Carolina-Gary Kubiak is almost history in Houston-Lovie Smith is almost history in Chicago. All these could be looking to hire a head coach.

We already know Eric Mangini is gone in Cleveland, Tom cable is gone in Oakland, Jim Zorn is gone in Washington, Jauron gone in Buffalo, is 4 for certain. It will be 7-10 by the end of the season.

Why would anyone take a job for 10 million now if they can get more money from wealthier teams.

With both Dallas and Washington in the mix, the bidding on Shanahan could go as high as 14 mill a year easily.

The Bills have not stated they will offer anyone $10 mil

All talk of numbers is just media speculation growing out of the Vic Carucci article

However, it would not surprise me that Brandon started the $10 mil rumor to get the fans all excited.

Perhaps, although I'm not sure how you can say that Minnesota, Green Bay, and Chicago all have coaches who "have brought their teams to the top of their respective division," considering that:

(a) they are all in the same division,

(b) only Minnesota is really at the top of the division, with Green Bay hovering around mediocrity and Chicago in a free-fall,

(c ) Minnesota's coach was widely considered to be on the hot seat this season and lucked out by getting a youthful Brett Favre, and

(d) Chicago's coach is almost certainly going to be fired at the end of the season.

I don't necessarily disagree with your approach or argument, just pointing out it isn't as clear and obvious as you would like it to be.

If you saw where I said those guys were from a couple/few years ago, you would understand my argument a little better.

Lovie Smith comes into Chicago (as a hot DC) after NEVER being a HC and takes them to the Super Bowl

Mike McCarthy comes into Green Bay, never being a HC...and turns them around...almost taking them to the Super Bowl.

Brad Childress comes into Minnesota, never being a HC, and completely turns that team around...BEFORE Brett came in.