I love all of the "experts" who keep saying..

EndZoneCrew

Well, it's not so much experts anymore.

The Football Post is reporting that Holmgren turned down the Bills offer to even meet and discuss the position(s). Shottenheimer has taken himself out of the running and from the article posted today it sounds as if he has no interest in returning ever as a coach. Gruden stated that he is committed to television, and Cowher has stated that he wants to wait until the season is over- thus honoring his contract with CBS and more importantly building up the maximum potential number of suitors to create leverage.

That only leaves Shanahan. It's not speculation, this is now confirmed.

But I am beginning to have a change of heart. Carucci's article about Shanahan and his oft-changing personnel decisions and thirst for deep pockets to waste on players contracts and luxury spending on staff has me worried. This is why he got chased out of Denver...

If he does not work out, I think that we should begin in earnest our search for a real, proven, football GM. Guys like Wolf, Reese, and Allen come to mind. Let that GM have complete control of the football operation. Let that GM bring in his own personnel people (fire Modrak and Guy), and select his own coach.

Again, I want an experienced GM, someone who has built Super Bowl teams before and is willing to do it again more so than a big name head coach. This is different than what I wanted when Jauron was still employed with the Bills, but I am starting to get a bit pi$$ed at all of these cheap shots these "big dog" head coaches are sending the way of OBD.

In short, we need a Bills revival of spirit. We need the second coming of Polian (in terms of success). This starts with a Super Bowl-quality front office. Clear roles, talent, and authority in place. Accountability. Experience. Proven success. That would leave Gabriel out of the running (what has this guy done, anyways?) and Polian's son out too. Hiring Gabriel as a Pro Personnel guy might be a good idea, to eventually groom him to be a GM, but for right now I am more concerned with stocking the front office and scouting department with solid, talented, proven NFL guys.

If a proven GM is in charge of the football operation, and allowed to build a winner, I am not so concerned about who the coach is.

FILL IN THE BLANK is not coming here, and this is why it won't happen.....I really do not understand why all of these loser writers/washed up NFL player TV personalities and NFL "guru's" get their rocks off by bashing Buffalo and giving their ****ty two cents. I mean wow, how original are these turds? The modern era of 24 hour sports updates are really starting to get on my nerves because it really exposes the lack of intelligence and professionalism in the media today who don't require facts before putting it on paper. Sorry, I am just sick of it all!

Are they really getting their rocks off or just being realists? Based on the last decade and a half here at One Bills Drive, I would say it is the later. I hope everyone is wrong, but I will be more surprised if one of the big name coaches come here than I will if they don't.

Are they really getting their rocks off or just being realists? Based on the last decade and a half here at One Bills Drive, I would say it is the later. I hope everyone is wrong, but I will be more surprised if one of the big name coaches come here than I will if they don't.

Well, if Shanahan turns out to not be interested, then I think we need to get a real GM in here and a real front office.

I'm starting to think that shooting for the head coach first is a mistake, when the front office is clearly a bigger problem.

it cracks me up how all you girls get your feelings hurt every time some expresses a well-founded opinion. WHY SHOULD ANY OF THE TOP COACHES COME HERE TO WORK FOR RALPH WILSON? these guys are not cursed by being bills fans and they see the situation for the mess that it is.

i hope i'm wrong and someone with a clue winds up here. but to feel that everyone who writes this stuff just has some sort of anti-buffalo bias is to be so divorced from the reality of this situation that it is comical.

there is zero leadership in this organization because the owner is 91 exhibiting the early(?) signs of dementia. why would a coach trying to bolster his credentials for the hall of fame want anything to do with this mess?

some of us have been saying this for a long time and nothing has changed: the bills will never again be a winning organization while ralph owns them. he's not going to be around much longer. when he passes away, HOPEFULLY we get a new owner who cares about winning AND wants to keep the team in Buffalo AND knows how to hire good football people AND knows how to get along with them AND actually lets our home games be played in Buffalo and not in front of 40000 canucks who are there to root for the other team. Ralph wilson has been unable to do any of those things for a long time now and everyone in the league knows it.

and you guys get your panties in a wad because some radio guy says cowher wants nothing to do with this mess. it's laughable...of COURSE he doesn't!

National media has done a pretty good job in establishing this franchise as the court jesters of the NFL. Perhaps it goes back to Kornholeiser on MNF calling the franchise "irrelevant". Carries weight, perception or reality, a bit of both? Reality is the franchise is somewhat irrelevant... perception being tardbots in the national media that play up the old bs angles of weather, blah blah blah... wasn't it in the 50s today? 60 yesterday?

Tend to find sports reporting lacking badly in this country, so I wouldn't take much of what they say too strongly. Many of them are just "new face meatheads" who just progressed from fraternity bar banter.

All of the invective from the media though, should be aimed at one person... ol Ralphie.

The weather angle gets played up alot but basically it is bs. I have gotten 6 rounds of golf in November this year. At one point this month we had no precipitation for 15 straight days. Also, there is at least 10 other cities that weather is as bad or worst then ours(pittsburgh, cleveland, NYC, New England, Green Bay, Chicago, Philadelphia, Seatle, Cincy, Denver.) Some of these cities maybe a tad warmer then Buffalo but I would venture to say they get more rain then we do. The bottomline in Buffalo is you may get 2 games a year that are in real bad weather, then again you may not, the rest of the year is played in pretty much perfect football weather. When was the last time you seen a snow game in buffalo(Edwards first year against Miami). It seems to me you get at least one of those games a year in Denver & NE. NE had their snow game(against tenn) in the middle of October. Even this week, the forecast is for 48 & partly sunny, that is not so bad for the 2nd last day of November.

it cracks me up how all you girls get your feelings hurt every time some expresses a well-founded opinion.

That just doesnt happen with the "riff-raff" that these sports organizations/stations are hiring.......BTW....you mention "panties", and "girls/women" in your post, and it seems that excites you.....Is there any truth that your real name is Jame Gumb aka "Buffalo Bill" and thats why you support the Buffalo Bills?

it cracks me up how all you girls get your feelings hurt every time some expresses a well-founded opinion. WHY SHOULD ANY OF THE TOP COACHES COME HERE TO WORK FOR RALPH WILSON? these guys are not cursed by being bills fans and they see the situation for the mess that it is.

i hope i'm wrong and someone with a clue winds up here. but to feel that everyone who writes this stuff just has some sort of anti-buffalo bias is to be so divorced from the reality of this situation that it is comical.

there is zero leadership in this organization because the owner is 91 exhibiting the early(?) signs of dementia. why would a coach trying to bolster his credentials for the hall of fame want anything to do with this mess?

some of us have been saying this for a long time and nothing has changed: the bills will never again be a winning organization while ralph owns them. he's not going to be around much longer. when he passes away, HOPEFULLY we get a new owner who cares about winning AND wants to keep the team in Buffalo AND knows how to hire good football people AND knows how to get along with them AND actually lets our home games be played in Buffalo and not in front of 40000 canucks who are there to root for the other team. Ralph wilson has been unable to do any of those things for a long time now and everyone in the league knows it.

and you guys get your panties in a wad because some radio guy says cowher wants nothing to do with this mess. it's laughable...of COURSE he doesn't!

I agree 100%.

Maybe people from WNY are so used to the abuse and knocks on the area that they have become overly sesitive by any perceived slight to the region or the team. I'll admit that some in the national media have taken the current situation to dump on Buffalo, but it looks like even people who like Buffalo are getting beat up for suggesting that Buffalo may not be a top pick.

To me it looks like are 2 camps - those fans that think Buffalo is a great place and talk of being passed up by some candidates it stupid - if we offer enough why wouldn't someone take the gig here, and another camp who thinks that despite the deal the Bills may offer you still might not get any interest from some candidates. People are jumping on the folks in the second camp for merely expressing that opinion.

I think we all agree we would love to have an established big time football person in the organization whether that is on the sidelines, in the front office or both, but don't attack fans who think that might not be the most likely scenario.

Well, it's not so much experts anymore.

The Football Post is reporting that Holmgren turned down the Bills offer to even meet and discuss the position(s). Shottenheimer has taken himself out of the running and from the article posted today it sounds as if he has no interest in returning ever as a coach. Gruden stated that he is committed to television, and Cowher has stated that he wants to wait until the season is over- thus honoring his contract with CBS and more importantly building up the maximum potential number of suitors to create leverage.

That only leaves Shanahan. It's not speculation, this is now confirmed.

But I am beginning to have a change of heart. Carucci's article about Shanahan and his oft-changing personnel decisions and thirst for deep pockets to waste on players contracts and luxury spending on staff has me worried. This is why he got chased out of Denver...

If he does not work out, I think that we should begin in earnest our search for a real, proven, football GM. Guys like Wolf, Reese, and Allen come to mind. Let that GM have complete control of the football operation. Let that GM bring in his own personnel people (fire Modrak and Guy), and select his own coach.

Again, I want an experienced GM, someone who has built Super Bowl teams before and is willing to do it again more so than a big name head coach. This is different than what I wanted when Jauron was still employed with the Bills, but I am starting to get a bit pi$ed at all of these cheap shots these "big dog" head coaches are sending the way of OBD.

In short, we need a Bills revival of spirit. We need the second coming of Polian (in terms of success). This starts with a Super Bowl-quality front office. Clear roles, talent, and authority in place. Accountability. Experience. Proven success. That would leave Gabriel out of the running (what has this guy done, anyways?) and Polian's son out too. Hiring Gabriel as a Pro Personnel guy might be a good idea, to eventually groom him to be a GM, but for right now I am more concerned with stocking the front office and scouting department with solid, talented, proven NFL guys.

If a proven GM is in charge of the football operation, and allowed to build a winner, I am not so concerned about who the coach is.

IMO, it's an either/or situation. The big name coaches (Shanahan, Holmgren, Cowher) don't want a proven GM. They want all the power. So, if you want to bring one of them in, then all you need is a Brandon-type GM to essentially sign the checks for them. So, if you're going after one of them, which it appears Ralph is, then you put the GM and all other FO positions on the back burner.

However, if they all turn you down, then you're looking at a hot coordinator, college coach, etc. In that case, I'd think you'd want a good GM and FO behind the guy.

So, as I see it... Ralph is currently going the proven, highly touted coach route. Gruden, Homlgren, Shotty (if he can really be included in this group) are all out. That essentially leaves Shanahan at this point. So, Ralph will try to meet with him, give his best offer, and see where it goes. If Shanahan turns him down, then I think the whole process slows down and they begin looking for the FO staff.

Or at least, that seems like the logical process to me.

I'm not saying either approach is right or wrong, good or bad, just saying that's how I think the situation has to play out. There's probably just about the same probabilty of success or failure either way. IMO, if they hired some proven GM and then went after Shanahan, then we could really say the Bills are dysfunctional. As it looks now... to me, they're just trying all they can to get a proven, big-name coach in. I, for one, applaud Ralph for the effort. We'll see how it works out.

The weather angle gets played up alot but basically it is bs. I have gotten 6 rounds of golf in November this year. At one point this month we had no precipitation for 15 straight days. Also, there is at least 10 other cities that weather is as bad or worst then ours(pittsburgh, cleveland, NYC, New England, Green Bay, Chicago, Philadelphia, Seatle, Cincy, Denver.) Some of these cities maybe a tad warmer then Buffalo but I would venture to say they get more rain then we do. The bottomline in Buffalo is you may get 2 games a year that are in real bad weather, then again you may not, the rest of the year is played in pretty much perfect football weather. When was the last time you seen a snow game in buffalo(Edwards first year against Miami). It seems to me you get at least one of those games a year in Denver & NE. NE had their snow game(against tenn) in the middle of October. Even this week, the forecast is for 48 & partly sunny, that is not so bad for the 2nd last day of November.

The weather thing used to matter a lot more when we had home field advantage through January playoffs. Hard to remember those days, but it used to be a problem for other teams (Raiders, Dolphins, Houston).

The weather thing used to matter a lot more when we had home field advantage through January playoffs. Hard to remember those days, but it used to be a problem for other teams (Raiders, Dolphins, Houston).

Exactly, our harshest weather usually comes in january. Since we have not played a meaningfull game in January this decade, the weather is really a non issue at this point in time.

That just doesnt happen with the "riff-raff" that these sports organizations/stations are hiring.......BTW....you mention "panties", and "girls/women" in your post, and it seems that excites you.....Is there any truth that your real name is Jame Gumb aka "Buffalo Bill" and thats why you support the Buffalo Bills?

nothing personal buddy... i'm sorry if you feel i am hitting below the belt, but do you disagree with anything i said? just because ralph fired jauron a year too late, does that in any way indicate the situation is not a total cluster!@#$? cause i think it still is.

i think we both want the same things for the bills...stability, good leadership, EIGHT home games a year, lots of wins including the big one, etc., but when i look at where we are and why we're there, it is very hard to be optimistic. i hope i am wrong.