Boomer Esiason says

Risin

I had Boomer as one of my backup QB's when he played for the Cardinals. I remember starting him because he was so friggin hot. Had a 400 yard + game with 5 TD's the first week I started him and couldn't miss. One of those rare guys who could still play well, even at the end on a bad team.

Please don't compare Bledsoe to him. Boomer was so much better in his later years. One of my favorite QB's .

Boomer only played the position for 10 plus years WTF does he know? :rolleyes:

122481[/snapback]

Apparently not much..He is also the same guy who 10 weeks ago said Drew was not done???? Must be related to John Kerry

Apparently not much..He is also the same guy who 10 weeks ago said Drew was not done???? Must be related to John Kerry

123524[/snapback]

Well...I don't watch CBS Pregame, but I know for certain that Boomer was advising the Bills to dump Drew (after the 2003 Season) due to his Contract situation Last Year on multiple CBS Broadcasts...Maybe he has said Drew will continue to play, but he has been pretty vocal about his opinion that Bledsoe should be done in Buffalo for some time now...

No cheapshot in my opinion.  I thought that was an unbelivable hit.  He timed the snap count perfectly.  Bills beat the Jets that day rather easily.

122718[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure Smith was flagged for offsides on that play. That's why people thought it was a cheapshot.

I had Boomer as one of my backup QB's when he played for the Cardinals. I remember starting him because he was so friggin hot. Had a 400 yard + game with 5 TD's the first week I started him and couldn't miss. One of those rare guys who could still play well, even at the end on a bad team.

Please don't compare Bledsoe to him. Boomer was so much better in his later years. One of my favorite QB's .

122729[/snapback]

Me too. Also better in his earlier years... just all-around better in every way.

For the very, very few out there who think Drew has a shot at the HOF,

Boomer was 12th in career TDs & 12th in career passing yards when 2004 started.

He led a team to the Super Bowl (just like Drew);

unlike Drew, his team almost won, plus

he has a winning record in the post-season.

Boomer's been retired since 1997,

& isn't one of the 7 QBs on the HOF Class of 2005 Preliminary Nominees. :rolleyes: