Brohm

billsevans

Any chance today that we will see the newly aquired Brian Brohm come in? I wouldn't mind him coming in and throwing a bomb to Lee Evans.

Assuming he is listed as the third string quarterback if he comes in neither of the other two could come back. So you can't just bring him in to throw a hail mary at the end of the first half.

Hope he sees some time before the year is out

Assuming he is listed as the third string quarterback if he comes in neither of the other two could come back. So you can't just bring him in to throw a hail mary at the end of the first half.

Hope he sees some time before the year is out

Not that they would want too, but why couldn't he come in and throw a bomb at the end of the first half?

Not that they would want too, but why couldn't he come in and throw a bomb at the end of the first half?

Out of the 53 man roster either 45 or 46, not sure which, are allowed to be active plus one "emergency" (third string) quarterback. If the "emergency" quarterback is used, the first two can not come back. If he is one of the 45 (46?) active players then he could come in but look for him to be the third string emergency quarterback.

Hope that makes sense.

Out of the 53 man roster either 45 or 46, not sure which, are allowed to be active plus one "emergency" (third string) quarterback. If the "emergency" quarterback is used, the first two can not come back. If he is one of the 45 (46?) active players then he could come in but look for him to be the third string emergency quarterback.

Hope that makes sense.

That makes perfect sense. Never knew how that worked, thank you. :thumbsup:

waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early for a guy signed mid-week to be expected to play.

Yep. But its not inconceivable that we will see him play, possibly even start, before the season is over.

I think we already know what we have with Edwards and Fitzpatrick, so I would love to see us give this guy a shot.

Numbers from his senior season at Louisville:

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

Brohm, Brian 12 152.43 308-473-12 65.1 4024 30 81 335.3

Over 4,000 yards and 30 TDs, and 335 passing yards per game. I haven't seen stats from Edwards and Fitz' best college seasons, but I doubt they put up numbers like this.

Yep. But its not inconceivable that we will see him play, possibly even start, before the season is over.

I think we already know what we have with Edwards and Fitzpatrick, so I would love to see us give this guy a shot.

Numbers from his senior season at Louisville:

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G

Brohm, Brian 12 152.43 308-473-12 65.1 4024 30 81 335.3

My guess is if we are to see Brian start this year, his first would be the chiefs game in a few weeks.

Hope that makes sense.

Just line up Fitz at WR on that play, then he never came out, and thus can go back in.

Just line up Fitz at WR on that play, then he never came out, and thus can go back in.

This would entail making Brohm one of the 45 active players for the game, then you can play whoever you want. The rule is designed to allow a 46th player to be eligible but only for emergencies. Also the rule has apparently been updated to allow the emergency quarterback to play in the fourth quarter and still have re entry of one of the active quarterbacks

The rule, from the NFL:

"Teams will be permitted an Active List of 45 players and an Inactive List of eight players for each regular-season and postseason game. Provided that a club has two quarterbacks on its 45-player Active List, a third quarterback from its Inactive List is permitted to dress for the game, but if he enters the game during the first three quarters, the other two quarterbacks are thereafter prohibited from playing."

The third quarterback is the 46th player, so you don't have to waste a 45th spot on a guy who will, in all likelihood, never play. It used to be if the third guy went in anytime, the other two couldn't play, but they changed it a few years back.

Basically, the third guy is for an emergency. And keeping the other two guys from playing makes sure you keep his use to emergency situations.

i hope we see him get serious time by the end of the year. edwards and fitz arent the answer

Agreed, we need to know if we may have the makings of a real qb or if we need to draft one. Would rather spend the high top picks on the lines if possible