Anyone here good in FFL?

Mike32282

actually, I've noticed that on some of my free leagues.  The ones that I drafted a QB in round 6 or later...I am doing better in, than the ones that I drafted the QB in the first 4 rounds.  hmmm.  One of my leagues where I drafted a top receiver and RB and QB in the first 3 rounds...i am really struggling for RBs, because there was nothing left.  luckily i managed to get Droughns and Bettis.

122288[/snapback]

i have always been about waiting on a QB...i mean you only start one, and how many QB's make it through an entire season...every year there are always 3-4 QB's that arent drafted and tear it up...Delhomme last year, Brees this year, and the likes of jeff george and randall cunningham in minnesota in the late 90's...it just makes sense to wait...grab some good RB's early while they are still there...

You HAVE to make that trade.

Last week Blaylock showed that he's an decent substitute when Priest goes down. Also, since Holmes is such a warrior, the fact that he is sitting at all lets you know how severe his injury REALLY could be.

Frankly, I do not see much of a dropoff between Plummer and Delhomme. In fact, with the RB situation in Carolina, Jake D could be even better down the stretch. Besides, as long as he's healthy, McNabb will be your starter every week anyway.

i have always been about waiting on a QB...i mean you only start one, and how many QB's make it through an entire season...every year there are always 3-4 QB's that arent drafted and tear it up...Delhomme last year, Brees this year, and the likes of jeff george and randall cunningham in minnesota in the late 90's...it just makes sense to wait...grab some good RB's early while they are still there...

122331[/snapback]

I am starting to find out that the draft RBs in the first 3 rounds and you'll get studs is not working anymore. Too many teams are now drafting RBs in both the first and the 2nd round that by the 3rd round, there is garbage left. Sometimes if I draft a RB in the 1st and then see a stud WR in the 2nd, I get screwed on RBs because there is nothing left by the 3rd. So now I pretty much go RB, RB, WR, WR and maybe QB by the 5th or 6th round. I'd done reaching for the TEs. This year both Shockey and that kid in Cleveland hurt my team because i drafted them too early. :lol:

I am starting to find out that the draft RBs in the first 3 rounds and you'll get studs is not working  anymore.  Too many teams are now drafting RBs in both the first and the 2nd round that by the 3rd round, there is garbage left.  Sometimes if I draft a RB in the 1st and then see a stud WR in the 2nd, I get screwed on RBs because there is nothing left by the 3rd.  So now I pretty much go RB, RB, WR, WR and maybe QB by the 5th or 6th round.  I'd done reaching for the TEs.  This year both Shockey and that kid in Cleveland hurt my team because i drafted them too early.  :lol:

122352[/snapback]

for the past few years i have been going with this strategy...altho it depends on my draft spot...but generally...i go RB, WR, RB, WR/TE, RB/WR, then think about QB...obviously this changes on draft day when someone falls too far, but you are right to go with a strong RB, and an absolute stud WR...a solid wR like marvin or terrell or moss is seriously undervalued in many leagues...just like RB's, these guys are almost good for 100 and a TD per week...

You HAVE to make that trade.

Last week Blaylock showed that he's an decent substitute when Priest goes down. Also, since Holmes is such a warrior, the fact that he is sitting at all lets you know how severe his injury REALLY could be.

Frankly, I do not see much of a dropoff between Plummer and Delhomme. In fact, with the RB situation in Carolina, Jake D could be even better down the stretch.  Besides, as long as he's healthy, McNabb will be your starter every week anyway.

122337[/snapback]

Thanks for the help. B)

for the past few years i have been going with this strategy...altho it depends on my draft spot...but generally...i go RB, WR, RB, WR/TE, RB/WR, then think about QB...obviously this changes on draft day when someone falls too far, but you are right to go with a strong RB, and an absolute stud WR...a solid wR like marvin or terrell or moss is seriously undervalued in many leagues...just like RB's, these guys are almost good for 100 and a TD per week...

122367[/snapback]

I totally agree. Most of the people with TO or Randy Moss or Tory Holt are leading their leagues.

Harrison has been overrated this year, but that's because the CBs are really covering him this year as Manning throws the TDs and long bombs to Stokley and Wayne. :)

delhomme has a broken thumb, for what its worth. give up an injured rb for an injured qb?

Keep this in mind:

I have Priest Holmes and I'm worried about his injury.  I also have Donovan McNabb starting at QB.

Here's the trade...

I get Derrick Blaylock and Jake Delhomme

I give Jake Plummer

Is this a good trade for me?

122157[/snapback]