Bills need to sign this Man for the G.M. job today!

peanuts

Chris Polian and sign Tony Dungy as his coach. All agreed, right!!

Been talked about a lot but the Colts want him to take over for his father once he is suppose to retire in 2011. The Colts even by 2011 are a much better situation then Buffalo. Chris Polian has also been offered other GM jobs, so even if he wanted to step out of the comfort of the Colts organization and his fathers shadow why would he come to an organization where the owner fired his father.

In the end the guy won't come here. We are better off trying to hand over the keys to the organization to someone like Shanahan in an attempt to woo a big name coach over. Don't get me wrong I would love for the guy to come over here but it just isn't going to happen.

Been talked about a lot but the Colts want him to take over for his father once he is suppose to retire in 2011. The Colts even by 2011 are a much better situation then Buffalo. Chris Polian has also been offered other GM jobs, so even if he wanted to step out of the comfort of the Colts organization and his fathers shadow why would he come to an organization where the owner fired his father.

In the end the guy won't come here. We are better off trying to hand over the keys to the organization to someone like Shanahan in an attempt to woo a big name coach over. Don't get me wrong I would love for the guy to come over here but it just isn't going to happen.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not at all suggesting that Chris Polian would want to come here. Let me just say that one reason he might want to come here is this:

His Dad, Bill Polian worked for the Bills from 1984 till 1993. Chris is 38 years old. That means that Chris lived here from the time he was 13 till he left for college at John Carroll University. He went to high school at St. Francis of Athol Springs. He spent many hours hanging out at Ralph Wilson Stadium in the offices and in the locker room.

There's some degree of likelihood that he has a strong affinity for the area. Coming back to Buffalo would be a homecoming of sorts for Chris Polian.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not at all suggesting that Chris Polian would want to come here. Let me just say that one reason he might want to come here is this:

His Dad, Bill Polian worked for the Bills from 1984 till 1993. Chris is 38 years old. That means that Chris lived here from the time he was 13 till he left for college at John Carroll University. He went to high school at St. Francis of Athol Springs. He spent many hours hanging out at Ralph Wilson Stadium in the offices and in the locker room.

There's some degree of likelihood that he has a strong affinity for the area. Coming back to Buffalo would be a homecoming of sorts for Chris Polian.

I think that he is comfortable where he is at right now. Yeah he has spent a great deal of his later childhood and teenage years in Buffalo BUT if he is married or has kids then he has already settled his family there for quite sometime. So unless he is single odds are even a childhood attachment won't steer him here.

But I get your point of if he was going to leave the Colts one of if not his first choice would be Buffalo (Assuming his dad is OK with it even though Ralph fired him) because he grew up here. Odds are he is going to stay in a much better more stable situation in Indy (New stadium so they won't move, Hall of fame QB, move talent, familiar with the organization ect) rather then go to Buffalo where he has a lot of building to do for a teams whose future (sadly) might not be in Buffalo.

Chris Polian and sign Tony Dungy as his coach. All agreed, right!!

Believe me, if Chris Polian wanted to even consider the idea of coming here, I'd go for it in a heartbeat! No question there. The main problem is that there seems to be a succession plan in Indy, with the idea being that Chris gets to take over for his father once the latter hangs up his business shoes. My understanding is that Chris is quite comfortable with his present situation, and has no inclination to start looking for non-Indy GM positions.

But if we could get him, then no question but that we should pull the trigger!

Isn't Chris the GM-in-waiting in Indy? No reason for him to come here.

Often times, '-in-waiting' situations have a way of not materializing. Former 'chic' coordinator Jason Garrett in Dallas and Gregg Williams (then in Washington under Joe Gibbs) are two who come quickly to mind. If Chris Polian were to be offered the chance to take a GM job to his liking with some team now, why wouldn't he? Suppose his dad, Bill, decides he doesn't want to retire quite so soon after all? Things have a way of not always working out as planned and aren't always as black & white as they appear. If you're offered an opportunity that you really like and makes sense, you take it as it may never come along again.

Odds are he is going to stay in a much better more stable situation in Indy (New stadium so they won't move, Hall of fame QB, move talent, familiar with the organization ect) rather then go to Buffalo where he has a lot of building to do for a teams whose future (sadly) might not be in Buffalo.

Maybe that's the point. It might just be that he'd relish the chance to get out from under his father's shadow and make a name for himself. What better way than to turn around a moribund franchise like Buffalo rather than slide into a situation where everything is already in place. There's something to be said for taking on a difficult challenge and not just taking the path of least resistance. Imagine the challenge of trying to take the former franchise your dad turned into perenial Super Bowl contenders and raising them from the dead and then trumping dad by finally taking them over the hump. That would be the story of legend. Sliding into the driver's seat in Indy doesn't establish your legacy. That's like being the poor sap who'll one day have to take over the QB reigns from Peyton Manning. Chris could be hailed as a possible conquering hero in Buffalo vs. being expected to maintain a standard of excellence established by his father, not him. Just sayin'...food for thought.

hell no on Dungy

you are ridiculous. sure - lets give a Hell NO to one of the best and classiest coaches in the NFL who brings instant cred to your team. the guy did an amazing job rebuilding the Bucs from perennial losers into SB champs - Gruden would be the mistake hire, that man won with dungy's team. and don't say he only won cause of peyton - manning had plenty of time before TD to win and he didnt.

we'd be beyond stupid to not get Dungy. We all agree Polian is the best GM out there -why would we not want his best coaching hire?

you are ridiculous. sure - lets give a Hell NO to one of the best and classiest coaches in the NFL who brings instant cred to your team. the guy did an amazing job rebuilding the Bucs from perennial losers into SB champs - Gruden would be the mistake hire, that man won with dungy's team. and don't say he only won cause of peyton - manning had plenty of time before TD to win and he didnt.

we'd be beyond stupid to not get Dungy. We all agree Polian is the best GM out there -why would we not want his best coaching hire?

because he lost all credibility the minute he said that his pet scumbag Vick would be a good fit here...just agreeing to mentor a sociopathic killer lost him a few points in the 1st place

Well, who wouldn't agree that C. Polian would be happy to accept employment from the man who fired his father?

I'd rather see someone like Dennis Abraham, from the Chargers.

From his Bio on the Chargers website,

Bio

Dennis Abraham is the Chargers’ advance scout of opponents, who also coordinates the procurement of players during free agency, while also scouting and evaluating players in the NFL and CFL.

Abraham spent five years in the personnel department in Buffalo, helping to prepare the defensive game analysis for the Bills’ coaches. He also served as their training camp coordinator from 1998-00.

Born in Buffalo, New York, he attended Akron Central (N.Y.) HS, competing in football, basketball and baseball. He played center and tackle at Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, graduating in ’93 with a degree in sports management.

Abraham and wife, Amy, have a son, D.J.

Less -

He's got the credentials and he at least used to love the Bills. I played football with him, and his personality is genuinely the way John Butler used to come across.