Decline of morailty

John Adams

I guess the red states really do need help keeping their families together.

red states and family

Notice where the eye of the gay marriage storm, Massachussetts, is.

I don't buy the slippery slope argument about gay marriage for a second, but is there some irony that the 10 states with the highest divorce rates are the same states that claim to provide our moral foundations for the family.

Egads. Not more Republican hypocrisy.

First they increase the size of government.

Then they want the power of the huge government expanded.

Now this.

Where does it end?

red states and family

I don't buy the slippery slope argument about gay marriage for a second, but is there some irony that the 10 states with the highest divorce rates are the same states that claim to provide our moral foundations for the family.

Now this.

Where does it end?

121934[/snapback]

Maybe the Red states morality is based in God but not in keeping a family together..maybe God spoke to them and told them to divorce.

Maybe the Red states morality is based in God but not in keeping a family together..maybe God spoke to them and told them to divorce.

121963[/snapback]

Actually, it all goes back to the red states not having as many television options. That severely minimizes the ability of the American male to tune out his wife - especially for that one week or so per month that it's so crucial.

Actually, it all goes back to the red states not having as many television options.  That severely minimizes the ability of the American male to tune out his wife - especially for that one week or so per month that it's so crucial.

121976[/snapback]

has Bush promised the red states better options for cable and satellite TV? maybe this is what all this conservative right stuff was about..more channels in Kansas.

red states and family

Now this.

Where does it end?

121934[/snapback]

There you go. Solid proof that Democrats live in "red" States... :lol:

Go away Blue states :lol:

http://www.nationalreview.com/owens/owens200411160824.asp

122019[/snapback]

I don't care for all this red state/blue state stuff at all. However, if the crap must fly, I think it is pretty ridiculous for the reds to keep talking about themselves as the "heart" of America and that their values are what makes America great. BS.

There are lots of farms all over the world. Pig farms in Kentucky are not much different than pig farms in China. There is nothing special or uniquely valuable about farming, small towns, suburbs and trailer parks. What makes America special are things like having a state, a lousy state, that has a GDP larger than most nations (California). New York City is arguably one of the most unique places on earth. There are lots of small towns but there is only one NYC. The taxes collected in NY and California pays for the roads in Wyoming. Our finest Universities are found mostly in the Blue states from Stanford to Yale.

I think it is silly to throw this kind of thing around but if it must be done, the blue states can more than hold their own. If it is okay for the reds to whale on us as eastern elites, I see no reason why we can't dish it back to those trailer park, televangelist rubes. :D

I don't care for all this red state/blue state stuff at all.  However, if the crap must fly, I think it is pretty ridiculous for the reds to keep talking about themselves as the "heart" of America and that their values are what makes America great.  BS.

There are lots of farms all over the world.  Pig farms in Kentucky are not much different than pig farms in China.  There is nothing special or uniquely valuable about farming, small towns, suburbs and trailer parks.  What makes America special are things like having a state, a lousy state, that has a GDP larger than most nations (California).  New York City is arguably one of the most unique places on earth.  There are lots of small towns but there is only one NYC.  The taxes collected in NY and California pays for the roads in Wyoming.  Our finest Universities are found mostly in the Blue states from Stanford to Yale.

I think it is silly to throw this kind of thing around but if it must be done, the blue states can more than hold their own.  If it is okay for the reds to whale on us as eastern elites, I see no reason why we can't dish it back to those trailer park, televangelist rubes. :lol:

122107[/snapback]

(wipes crap from face :lol: )

Nice post Mick :P;)

I'll agree, it is getting old fast, just funnin.

When I read the article, I couldnt stop smiling because it was so inane. Some of these writers might be better described as a calcographer, like my daughter Eryn is.

When I was on my home from work yesterday. On the radio news, they were telling of a Zogby poll for who will have the best chance of winning in 08'.

Brain cramp!!! :lol:

:D

Actually, it all goes back to the red states not having as many television options.  That severely minimizes the ability of the American male to tune out his wife - especially for that one week or so per month that it's so crucial.

121976[/snapback]

Poor bastards.

red states and family

Now this.

Where does it end?

121934[/snapback]

LOL!

It always amuses me that the "deep south" is considered the heart and soul of America, symbolic of morality and patriotism.

For one, the south is the only part of the country to actually commit treason and secede from the US. Ironic that southerners should get touted as super-Americans when even today, many politicians win seats in the south on promises to fly the confederate flag in public.

Secondly, the morality charade is what it is. A charade. The deep south tends to have more divorce, more children out of wedlock, and tends to offer less support to needy children. But they sure do hate them god-awful queers like the dickins. That's why political jargon about "morals" and "families" appeal to the south, because there's a severe shortage.

Oh, and Southern Baptists are the fattest people in the country. That has nothing to do with morality or patriotism, but I like pointing it out anyway.

The Bible Belt as well as the rest of the religious right have done a swell job making themselves heard. It seems as though presidential candidates must appeal to southerners or they cannot win, thus the hubbub about John Kerry being from the northeast. If you upset the hypocritical, overweight, unpatriotic southerners and their invisible cloudman, you can kiss away any chance at winning the presidency.

Its nice to know the future of America is in the hands of people who should be considered legally insane.

LOL!

It always amuses me that the "deep south" is considered the heart and soul of America, symbolic of morality and patriotism.

For one, the south is the only part of the country to actually commit treason and secede from the US.  Ironic that southerners should get touted as super-Americans when even today, many politicians win seats in the south on promises to fly the confederate flag in public. 

Secondly, the morality charade is what it is.  A charade.  The deep south tends to have more divorce, more children out of wedlock, and tends to offer less support to needy children.  But they sure do hate them god-awful queers like the dickins.  That's why political jargon about "morals" and "families" appeal to the south, because there's a severe shortage. 

Oh, and Southern Baptists are the fattest people in the country.  That has nothing to do with morality or patriotism, but I like pointing it out anyway.

The Bible Belt as well as the rest of the religious right have done a swell job making themselves heard.  It seems as though presidential candidates must appeal to southerners or they cannot win, thus the hubbub about John Kerry being from the northeast.  If you upset the hypocritical, overweight, unpatriotic southerners and their invisible cloudman, you can kiss away any chance at winning the presidency. 

Its nice to know the future of America is in the hands of people who should be considered legally insane.

122361[/snapback]

Could you condense this down to one sentence ? I hate reading.

red states and family

Now this.

Where does it end?

121934[/snapback]

Egads. Not more Democratic stupidity.

First time using statistics? I see they have a divorce rate per 1,000 people. Didja happen to see if they had a MARRIAGE rate per 1,000 people? Think that might impact your analysis just a tad?

Where will it end (the stupid red-blue comparisons)?

Egads? What did you pick that up in some strip club in N.C or something?

BTW, You suck blue, he was out!!

:)

122572[/snapback]

Yeah, but I had money on the Royals.

btw, I only go to strip clubs in SOUTH Carolina.....what'd you learn that geography in public school? :D:w00t:

i think what he's trying to say is those in the blue states are our intellectual and moral superiors while those of us in red states are just rednecks with a 3rd grade education :)

122555[/snapback]

No, people in blue states are retards too.

But the religious right is by far the most dangerous faction in America.

Liberals invade your pocket book, but at least they stay out of your personal life.