Brohm has good arm

F UNC

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's one explanation. Another is that he just didn't adapt to the pro game. A 7th round nobody thaken in the same draft making the team over him speaks volumes.

Except everyone is already reading multiple existing Brian Brohm threads and this guy thinks his point, that Brohm has a good arm, is more important and needs it's own thread. That was my point.

You have 9 posts in this thread and your saying that the OP had no business starting it?

...he was a possible first pick had he come out after his Jr season. He was indeed the 3rd overall QB taken the following year, so this guy is no bum and is the most talented QB today on our roster. Period.

I wonder what Trent Edwards is thinking....,"Umm.....I should have had more balls!"

A next good move following DJ's exit is to Send Trent Packing and TO with him....My guess is the rest of the losers would straighten up.....

The Packers love Matt Flynn according to everything I've read. Brohm and Flynn had a really close battle for a roster spot and ultimately Flynn picked up the playbook a little faster. I heard on the radio that the Packers were on the verge of picking up Brohm to protect him and the Bills just got there first.

I can't remember where I read it (might have been the link in the original signing thread) that he decided to come to Buffalo despite GB offering to sign him to the active roster. Makes senese as Buffalo's QB situation gives him way more opportunity to climb the depth chart.

I can't remember where I read it (might have been the link in the original signing thread) that he decided to come to Buffalo despite GB offering to sign him to the active roster. Makes senese as Buffalo's QB situation gives him way more opportunity to climb the depth chart.

Wow, even better.

Wow, even better.

This isn't the original artice I read, but this one basically says the same thing:

The Bills plucked Brohm off the Packers' practice squad on Thursday, signing the 2008 second-round draft pick to a two-year contract. In agreeing to play for the Bills, Brohm said he turned down a last-minute bid by the Packers to keep him.

"The last 24 hours have been good to me. I went from being on the practice squad to having pretty much two offers," he said after his first practice with the Bills. "I just wanted a fresh start, a new start, and I think Buffalo gives me that."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4671906

JaMarcus Russell WAS the #1 pick overall and he's hardly OK.

True. But Russell fits the profile of a first round QB bust: a guy who was selected more because of his physical gifts, than because he'd become an accomplished, polished pocket passer at the college level. The scouting report for Brohm which the OP found was the opposite. It sounds like Brohm succeeded as a pocket passer in college.

There was another quarterback who succeeded at the college level as a pocket passer, but who struggled early on in the NFL. His team ultimately gave up on him. His name was Drew Brees.

By no means am I guaranteeing that Brohm will become the next Drew Brees story. He is, however, more likely to be a Drew Brees story than Losman had been a few years ago. Losman was selected because of his physical gifts, and despite his lack of a solid pocket passing track record in college. Losman was the anti-Drew Brees.

For now, I think we should take a middle of the road approach to Brohm; avoiding the Scylla of getting our hopes up too high too quickly, and the Charybdis of being quick to assume he'll be the next in our long series of QB failures. Brohm is a young man with a good college resume who probably didn't get a very good chance to prove himself in Green Bay. Let's see how well he does with the opportunity he's been given in Buffalo.

Yeah, that's one explanation. Another is that he just didn't adapt to the pro game. A 7th round nobody thaken in the same draft making the team over him speaks volumes.

How long do you think it takes to adapt to the pro game, year and half? Maybe Flynn is the next Brady! Who knows, i sure don't. IMHO, i really liked Brohm coming out of Louisville and feel like a year and half without game day experience isn't nearly enough time to evaluate him. Could be wrong but, I like the move!

in what world was he almost a number one pick? was there a nuclear war that knocked out the 50+ other draftees that went before him?

Actually if you knew anything about football and probably sports at that. You would have known about the buzz that surrounded this kid as a Junior in college. Before you jump on someone's post, make sure you do a little research first because its apparent that you shouldn't rely on your knowledge alone.

YIKES!!!

Actually if you knew anything about football and probably sports at that. You would have known about the buzz that surrounded this kid as a Junior in college. Before you jump on someone's post, make sure you do a little research first because its apparent that you shouldn't rely on your knowledge alone.

YIKES!!!

Another Norman Einstein...

He was picked #56. He wasn't even close to being picked #1. "Buzz" and $5 might get you a cup of coffee at StarBucks.

Manning wouldn't do a thing with this line in front of him. You're all crazy

Do you think anyone would know Jeff Saturday's name if it wasn't for PM? An undersized underpowered Olineman who is now and has been the smartest center in the league other then Mawai. You might think all that time spent with genius of PM and knowing what he sees and expects from a defense could possibly have something to do with it.

Cmon guys ur better then this.

He was picked #56. He wasn't even close to being picked #1. "Buzz" and $5 might get you a cup of coffee at StarBucks.

Again, make sure you do a little research and see how far that whole Lville program got set back his senior year.

No its cool, I understand...

Think he meant, after his junior year he was the #1 qb prospect and possible #1 overall. FYI, after 2007 draft, Kiper had Brohm #1, Ryan #2, Flynn #11 and Flacco #19.

6. Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville (6-3, 223) Previous: Same

Polished pure passer in the Jim Kelly mold.

I know that I like that. I did follow him, albeit from a distance in college. He was very good. Anybody compared to Jimbo is at least worth a shot in my book, it's not like we going to mess with the delicate chemistry of our current offense.

I was thinking we could try to snag Colt Brennan from Washington, then I read he was injured.

Interesting Read

I know that the Bill Walsh thing will bring up the haters, and a mention of Joey Harrington et al, but it is intriguing to say the least. Brohm was one QB I was curious about in the past few months, and Brennan was the other.

I know this much...there is change at OBD. I am excited to be a Bills' fan, for the first time since the Cleveland game. Even though we are talking about next year, and the season is just over half done, I like it. I can only speak for myself, but we have little else, and it really seems that we are making a move here. The old man wants a winner, and I believe he is going to give the money and the effort. If he doesn't I'll have egg on my face as a fan, but it will be gone soon, because let's face it...there are going to be changes, for better or worse, after the inevitable.

I will reserve enshrinement or damnation to the Island of Todd Collins until he at least plays a series or two. I hope that he gets in the Miami game... he should have the playbook mastered by then, even if he needs to get some opposing defenders as tutors.

Think he meant, after his junior year he was the #1 qb prospect and possible #1 overall. FYI, after 2007 draft, Kiper had Brohm #1, Ryan #2, Flynn #11 and Flacco #19.

and there was a discussion if Aaron Rodgers was going #1... where did he land #26th or somewhere?

It happens all the time.

In the end he was picked #56. For a "possible" #1 pick that blows like there is no tomorrow.

and there was a discussion if Aaron Rodgers was going #1... where did he land #26th or somewhere?

It happens all the time.

In the end he was picked #56. For a "possible" #1 pick that blows like there is no tomorrow.

You're right! i guess i should've answered your question this way: HIS JUNIOR YEAR, HAD HE COME OUT, HE WOULD'VE BEEN CLOSE TO THE #1 OVERALL!! That world. Is that better?