How quick until we find a coach?

Do you think we hire one before the season ends or in the off-season.?I really have no clue but I am curious.

I don't understand what this goofy owner and scrambled organization are doing. What this organization most desperately need is a strong and competent GM who knows how to build a high quality staff and give this franchise a direction and identity. The GM should be the person signing the new HC. Talent evaluation of college prospects and pro players is what this current front office is miserable at. Until a new and competent front office is establilshed the Bills will continue to have major issues.

Would Shanahan be a good HC? I think he would. But what would his role be in the personnel side of the business. Is he going to have both roles as a GM and HC? That type of one man show usually doesn't work in the long run. If you look at some of the consistent winners such as Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Philly, New York Giants etc they have a split structure with a quality front office and a separate HC system.

In my view there are no quick fixes for the mess at OBD. The house needs to be cleaned out and the organization needs to be built up with quality football people who make intelligent football decisions. Bringing in a sterling GM is more of a priority at this time than getting a big name HC.

I don't understand what this goofy owner and scrambled organization are doing. What this organization most desperately need is a strong and competent GM who knows how to build a high quality staff and give this franchise a direction and identity. The GM should be the person signing the new HC. Talent evaluation of college prospects and pro players is what this current front office is miserable at. Until a new and competent front office is establilshed the Bills will continue to have major issues.

Would Shanahan be a good HC? I think he would. But what would his role be in the personnel side of the business. Is he going to have both roles as a GM and HC? That type of one man show usually doesn't work in the long run. If you look at some of the consistent winners such as Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Philly, New York Giants etc they have a split structure with a quality front office and a separate HC system.

In my view there are no quick fixes for the mess at OBD. The house needs to be cleaned out and the organization needs to be built up with quality football people who make intelligent football decisions. Bringing in a sterling GM is more of a priority at this time than getting a big name HC.

Andy Reid is coach and in charge of personnel. He has people in the front office but he has final say.

Andy Reid is coach and in charge of personnel. He has people in the front office but he has final say.

The front office and scouting department for the Eagles are superb. If Reid stepped down they wouldn't miss a beat in continuing doing a solid job. They know what his system is and the type of players he desires. They get him the players. Holmgren at Seattle had the dual roles. He was forced by the owner to give up his GM responsibilities and concentrate on the all consuming job. I don't deny that the HC, especially if he has had sustained success, has a major input in personnel. But even high stature coaches rely on a competent staff in the front office (college and pro scouting departments) to be successful as coaches.

Baltimore is another organization which has a quality GM in Ozzie Newsome and structue in which the GM role and HC roles are separate. For any system to work everyone from the HC and the front office must be on the same page.