Top Coaching Candidates...

As I and others have pointed out, the team would do well to hire a real GM or football czar before hiring a head coach. That said, Jim Harbaugh should get some consideration. I don't know what his buyout at Stanford would be but he's earmarked for an NFL Head Coaching job. In fact Harbaugh was interviewed for the job which eventually went to Rex Ryan, with the Jets.

This is an impressive set of credentials for a young coach:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Harbaugh

My nephew attended the University of San Diego during the 3 years that Harbaugh was coach. Harbaugh completely turned the program around. I think they won one game the year before he arrived. After starting out 7-4 in his first season, San Diego ran off two consecutive 11-1 seasons. In the process he developed quarterback Josh Johnson who Tampa Bay made a 2nd round pick last year. He is an excellent offensive mind and teacher of quarterbacks. If anyone could "coach up" Trent Edwards, it would be Jim Harbaugh.

In 2007, Harbaugh's first year at Stanford, his unranked team beat #1 ranked USC 24-23. USC entered the game as 41 point favorites making the Stanford win, statistically the greatest upset in college football history. Stanford, a perennial bottom dweller in the Pac Ten is currently ranked at #14 in the latest AP poll.

This year he again beat USC, 55-21 (last weekend).

Harbaugh has twice turned college programs around in one season. He was an excellent former NFL quarterback and he did his apprenticeship as an NFL assistant coach. His Dad is a longtime football coach and of course his brother John is head coach of the Baltimore Ravens.

This is just about as good as it gets for a guy without NFL head coaching experience.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Interestingly enough, when the USFL died it's slow death, Jim Kelly ended up under contract to Trump. Now Kelly talks of an ownership group with the financial wherewithal to purchase the Bills, and I can't help wondering whether that group includes Trump - who is a personal friend of...

Ralph/Russ - guy's got no buyout, makes less than you paid that fool Jauron, and Louisville's about to make a play for 'im - WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!

Besides being an outstanding coach, a brilliant mind, and an offensive genius, Mike Leach is a marketeer's dream!!!!

Bingo.A friend of mine flew sitting next to Thurman Thomas and asked about the Bills moving.Thurman told him Jimbos ownership group includes one Mr Trump.He is a Bills fan and makes perfectly good sense,seeing Jimbo has a relationship with him.Mr Trump/Jimbo will be our next owners.

Interestingly enough, when the USFL died it's slow death, Jim Kelly ended up under contract to Trump. Now Kelly talks of an ownership group with the financial wherewithal to purchase the Bills, and I can't help wondering whether that group includes Trump - who is a personal friend of...

Ralph/Russ - guy's got no buyout, makes less than you paid that fool Jauron, and Louisville's about to make a play for 'im - WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE!!!

Besides being an outstanding coach, a brilliant mind, and an offensive genius, Mike Leach is a marketeer's dream!!!!

Leach is awe....ful. One trick pony. He's a genius until he has to run the ball.

His QBs have been professional disasters because his coaching left them completely unprepared for the pro game. Total fraud.

When are you going to give this up? I could see if you were a TT alum--but if you're not, it's just....bizarre, your amorous association with this dime-a-dozen D-I coach.

Leach is awe....ful. One trick pony. He's a genius until he has to run the ball.

His QBs have been professional disasters because his coaching left them completely unprepared for the pro game. Total fraud.

When are you going to give this up? I could see if you were a TT alum--but if you're not, it's just....bizarre, your amorous association with this dime-a-dozen D-I coach.

Teddy's gone - he needs something to do with his ocd.