T.O. Gave Dick His One Chance....

VJ91

When Dick Jauron gets fired in January, we will all be relieved to not have to see his calm, unemotional face on the sidelines ever again in charge of the Bills. But T.O. gave him the chance to finally stand up and act like a real head coach of an NFL team yesterday, and predictably, he cowered and did nothing.

As Owens screamed at Tyke Tolbert, because I guess Tolbert was supposed to remind T.O. how to line up correctly when Ownes got flagged for not being on the line of scrimmage, didn't we all wish Jauron would have gone over to Owens and sit his diva butt on the bench for the rest of the game?? It would have been awesome to see him lose it after 3 and a half years of zombie like game-time behavior and scream right back at Owens, but that would have been expecting way too much. Instead, DJ could have calmly walked over to Owens, and said "you're out the rest of the game for raising your voice at a coach, even though it goes on all the time on NFL benches, I warned you the first day of training camp, if

you do it one time this season, you will be on the bench. So Terrell, sit down."

Of course it would make no difference to that game or this season. In fact, it would have cost the Bills a TD, since Owens caught that 46 yard pass the next series to set up a TD. And of course DJ would still get fired this January. Or not? You never know what kind of things can change an entire football team's mentality. Maybe the team would have gained some respect for the coach that they lie about week after week. You know their lie, that they "love playing for him." By DJ benching the one year and gone Diva, the team might have really decided they like Jauron, and maybe they would have actually tried to eliminate mistakes begining next week in Jacksonville. Crazier things have happened in the NFL.

I remember the Colts were setting records in giving up rushing yards during the 2006 regular season. Nobody thought they had a chance to win even their first playoff game due to their pourous run defense. One player got healthy and returned to the lineup late in the season, their SS, and all of a sudden their entire defense improved like 100% against the run. They swept through the playoffs and beat the Bears in the SB. Of course I'm not saying the Bills have that kind of talent to win the SB this season. But my point is, it sometimes only takes one player, or one coach, to make a positive statement or come back from an injury, to improve the entire team. Remember when Singletary threw his diva tight end out of the stadium last year? Kicked his butt right into the locker room? They finished up 5-4-0 in their last 9 games.

Anyway, the Bills suck so bad in so many positions, I don't think Vince Lombardi could figure out how to take this group at this point, and go even 4-3-0 the rest of the way! But DJ could have benched Owens, if only to gain some long lost self respect as he coaches his last 7 games of his NFL head coaching career.

As Owens screamed at Tyke Tolbert, because I guess Tolbert was supposed to remind T.O. how to line up correctly when Ownes got flagged for not being on the line of scrimmage,

If you were paying attention, both TO and Reed were yelling at Tolbert. My guess is that it wasn't TO lining up incorrectly -- as he was even raising his hands in confusion presnap. My guess is that someone else was not where they were supposed to be, and TO was drawing attention to that and asking what to do.

In the chat room, Brit said that the radio blamed Nelson for not being where he was supposed to be. I'm not sure if that was our radio, or if a station in the UK was doing play by play as well.

If you were paying attention, both TO and Reed were yelling at Tolbert. My guess is that it wasn't TO lining up incorrectly -- as he was even raising his hands in confusion presnap. My guess is that someone else was not where they were supposed to be, and TO was drawing attention to that and asking what to do.

In the chat room, Brit said that the radio blamed Nelson for not being where he was supposed to be. I'm not sure if that was our radio, or if a station in the UK was doing play by play as well.

That's what I thought right away, he was probably supposed to be in the slot, off the line.

I honestly thought that TO was upest because of the play call then. That was probably a product of me hoping TO was feeling the same way as I was at that point. It was 3rd and 20(+/-) and they call a screen pass to a tight end? Another example of the coaching staff not putting our team in a position to succeed.

The arguement was because Josh Reed and TO both saw the same coverage by the Tenn D and wanted to make a change pre-snap, but someone else, aka Trentative, missed it. One of the reasons he was benched. Wouldn't it be nice if TE actually talked to his receivers during a game?

That may have been the case but taking the penalty is inexcusable. TO is a veteran WR. If Nelson lined up in the wrong spot then should have just moved. It wouldn't have changed the play. Instead he throws a fit like a child on the sidelines.

The sooner he's off my team the happier I'll be. I've never seen a WR get more press than he does yet have absolutely stone hands.

That's what Gannon said on the TV broadcast. Body language indicates that somebody blew the play and it wasn't the WRs.

The arguement was because Josh Reed and TO both saw the same coverage by the Tenn D and wanted to make a change pre-snap, but someone else, aka Trentative, missed it. One of the reasons he was benched. Wouldn't it be nice if TE actually talked to his receivers during a game?

Actually I love the TE blank deer in headlights stare standing on sidelines by himself approach. Who needs looking at pictures with his receivers like manning does, who needs a QB screaming at the WR for running wrong routes. I bet all the players love TE just like they love DJ.

That may have been the case but taking the penalty is inexcusable. TO is a veteran WR. If Nelson lined up in the wrong spot then should have just moved. It wouldn't have changed the play. Instead he throws a fit like a child on the sidelines.

The sooner he's off my team the happier I'll be. I've never seen a WR get more press than he does yet have absolutely stone hands.

TO is not the problem.

Actually I love the TE blank deer in headlights stare standing on sidelines by himself approach. Who needs looking at pictures with his receivers like manning does, who needs a QB screaming at the WR for running wrong routes. I bet all the players love TE just like they love DJ.

Both of which are perfect examples of the complete lack of accountability or commitment to performance on this team. It starts with Jauron.

When Dick Jauron gets fired in January, we will all be relieved to not have to see his calm, unemotional face on the sidelines ever again in charge of the Bills. But T.O. gave him the chance to finally stand up and act like a real head coach of an NFL team yesterday, and predictably, he cowered and did nothing.

As Owens screamed at Tyke Tolbert, because I guess Tolbert was supposed to remind T.O. how to line up correctly when Ownes got flagged for not being on the line of scrimmage, didn't we all wish Jauron would have gone over to Owens and sit his diva butt on the bench for the rest of the game?? It would have been awesome to see him lose it after 3 and a half years of zombie like game-time behavior and scream right back at Owens, but that would have been expecting way too much. Instead, DJ could have calmly walked over to Owens, and said "you're out the rest of the game for raising your voice at a coach, even though it goes on all the time on NFL benches, I warned you the first day of training camp, if

you do it one time this season, you will be on the bench. So Terrell, sit down."

Of course it would make no difference to that game or this season. In fact, it would have cost the Bills a TD, since Owens caught that 46 yard pass the next series to set up a TD. And of course DJ would still get fired this January. Or not? You never know what kind of things can change an entire football team's mentality. Maybe the team would have gained some respect for the coach that they lie about week after week. You know their lie, that they "love playing for him." By DJ benching the one year and gone Diva, the team might have really decided they like Jauron, and maybe they would have actually tried to eliminate mistakes begining next week in Jacksonville. Crazier things have happened in the NFL.

I remember the Colts were setting records in giving up rushing yards during the 2006 regular season. Nobody thought they had a chance to win even their first playoff game due to their pourous run defense. One player got healthy and returned to the lineup late in the season, their SS, and all of a sudden their entire defense improved like 100% against the run. They swept through the playoffs and beat the Bears in the SB. Of course I'm not saying the Bills have that kind of talent to win the SB this season. But my point is, it sometimes only takes one player, or one coach, to make a positive statement or come back from an injury, to improve the entire team. Remember when Singletary threw his diva tight end out of the stadium last year? Kicked his butt right into the locker room? They finished up 5-4-0 in their last 9 games.

Anyway, the Bills suck so bad in so many positions, I don't think Vince Lombardi could figure out how to take this group at this point, and go even 4-3-0 the rest of the way! But DJ could have benched Owens, if only to gain some long lost self respect as he coaches his last 7 games of his NFL head coaching career.

Bull. TO should have sat DJ down and coached the rest of the game for him. I would have preferred it.

In today's Buffalo News, the issue is that Owens and Reed saw something in the defense that Trent did not (surprise?).

The frustration comes from having a blind QB.