Marv Levy Coors Light Commercial

OnTheRocks

I still want to see the Jauron one ...

DJ: hard to win in the NFL ... wish we were undefeated, but we're not ...

(CUT TO: wide shot of media room, and a bevy of beat writers struggling to stay awake.)

DJ: drone ... drone ...

(*THUD* as Sully's head hits his laptop keyboard.)

DJ: et cetera ... et cetera

(Snoring.)

DJ (aside to Russ Brandon as he tiptoes out of the room): "Works every time."

He sounds like hes mentally ill. It almost makes me feel like they are making a joke about him being clueless.

I didn't get that impression at all. I thought he came across as a crusty old guy that told it like it was.

Even if I weren't a Bills fan and big Marv fan - I think I would have to say this is one of my instant favorites.

Gotta read what Chuck Pollock had to say about that Levy commercial. Definitely worth a chuckle:

http://www.oleantimesherald.com/articles/2...4a636659662.txt

FORMER Bills’ coach Marv Levy has joined Dennis Green, Jim Mora, Brian Billick, Mike Ditka, Romeo Crennel and the late Bill Walsh in a Coors Light commercial.

Clips from those former coaches’ post-game interviews or when they were miked on the sideline, are blended into a contrived situation with fans and beer.

One of the clips with Marv is when he yells “C’mon Todd,” clearly directed at ineffective Buffalo QB Todd Collins, still in the league at age 38 as a backup in Washington.

In each clip Levy is exercised, a revelation that was exposed when he was miked for a Monday night game in Kansas City. In his nearly 14 years with the Bills as a coach and general manager, the media heard Marv swear, in person, only once.

But in that game against the Chiefs when he was miked, Levy was repeatedly bleeped.

The Wednesday following that game, he admitted to us that his wife, Fran, was horrified at the language and reminded him that much better should be expected from so eloquent a man.

“But, as he told us, “You forget you have that thing on.” Then, pausing for effect, Marv blurted, “I had no idea I was so bleeping profane.”

We roared with laughter as we had never heard him swear before ... nor did we after that day.

I remember when this occurred and Steve Sabol NFL Films stating that they were going to use that game as a part of their game of the week show - but they decided not to because there was just too much "bleeping" required.

I still want to see the Jauron one ...

DJ: hard to win in the NFL ... wish we were undefeated, but we're not ...

(CUT TO: wide shot of media room, and a bevy of beat writers struggling to stay awake.)

DJ: drone ... drone ...

(*THUD* as Sully's head hits his laptop keyboard.)

DJ: et cetera ... et cetera

(Snoring.)

DJ (aside to Russ Brandon as he tiptoes out of the room): "Works every time."

:worthy: :worthy: :D :D

I didn't get that impression at all. I thought he came across as a crusty old guy that told it like it was.

Even if I weren't a Bills fan and big Marv fan - I think I would have to say this is one of my instant favorites.

You and I differ there as I thought it was easily one of the worst ones they have done. I also am not a believer that Marv was anything more than an average coach and doesnt deserve the accolades he has received by being a babysitter. And some times like when the players were out til 6am the nights before the Superbowls, a bad babysitter to boot.