NFL Coaching

Roger Godell really needs to intervene. Just to name 3:

1. Gary Kubiak - Houston

2. Dick Jouron - Buffalo

3. Jim Zorn - Washington

There's easily another 10 you can put on that board. Im just shocked that there's little to no accountability on these guys, and dont respond saying there is....because they're all still coaching in the NFL.

1. Gary Kubiak - Houston

2. Dick Jouron - Buffalo

3. Jim Zorn - Washington

There's easily another 10 you can put on that board. Im just shocked that there's little to no accountability on these guys, and dont respond saying there is....because they're all still coaching in the NFL.

No one wants to pay those guaranteed salaries. Also when you fire a HC you also pretty much put an end to many assistant coaches and their families

No one wants to pay those guaranteed salaries. Also when you fire a HC you also pretty much put an end to many assistant coaches and their families

Who cares about collateral damage with assistants? Its a business. Where are those clowns going to work when the team is constantly losing and nobody goes to the games?

1. Gary Kubiak - Houston

2. Dick Jouron - Buffalo

3. Jim Zorn - Washington

Gary Kubiak has a winning record. SO I'd pull him off that list. and Jim Zorn has the misfortune of working under Daniel Snyder. The only name on that list that really deserves to be there is Dicky J, who is on pace for a 6-10 season and another sub .500 season.

Gary Kubiak has a winning record. SO I'd pull him off that list. and Jim Zorn has the misfortune of working under Daniel Snyder. The only name on that list that really deserves to be there is Dicky J, who is on pace for a 6-10 season and another sub .500 season.

agree to disagree. might have a winning wrecord at this point, but he has No Control of his team. I watcha ton of Houston football and feel I'm mor qualified to make that call...unless of course you watch alot of them too.

Just an opinion.

1. Gary Kubiak - Houston

2. Dick Jouron - Buffalo

3. Jim Zorn - Washington

dont lump Kubiak in with jauron...Houston is looking pretty good

-and I wouldnt be so quick to blame Zorn for little dannys mistakes

1. Gary Kubiak - Houston

2. Dick Jouron - Buffalo

3. Jim Zorn - Washington

Cable maybe, but not Kubiak. They are winning games and not by luck. They didn't quit when the Titans had them by twenty one. The Arizona game may have been a mulligan and they look competive at Indy.

Cable maybe, but not Kubiak. They are winning games and not by luck. They didn't quit when the Titans had them by twenty one. The Arizona game may have been a mulligan and they look competive at Indy.

Yeah Cable for sure. I mentioned there's roughly another 10 that could be added to that list. But yeah Kubiak lost that game for Houston today. He's at the head of a talented group, he doesnt help them, he hurts them.

Like I said, watch some of their games, he is not a good coach and has no control of that team.

agree to disagree. might have a winning wrecord at this point, but he has No Control of his team. I watcha ton of Houston football and feel I'm mor qualified to make that call...unless of course you watch alot of them too.

Just an opinion.

I watched more than most as I lived in atlanta for the past few years and the Texans game seemed to be on a lot more down there for whatever reason. I wouldn't call myself an expert but the Texans really have done well with some rejects like Andre Davis as a receiver, and Ryan Moats. Not to mention that he has done well with developing young talent like super mario, schaub, johnson, daniels, ryans, etc...

I bet I can name 15 coaches that are worse than kubiak

Yeah Cable for sure. I mentioned there's roughly another 10 that could be added to that list. But yeah Kubiak lost that game for Houston today. He's at the head of a talented group, he doesnt help them, he hurts them.

Like I said, watch some of their games, he is not a good coach and has no control of that team.

I saw all I needed to see of them last Sunday, when they whooped on the Bills despite benching their starting RB and losing Owen Daniels for the season.

dont lump Kubiak in with jauron...Houston is looking pretty good

-and I wouldnt be so quick to blame Zorn for little dannys mistakes

Actually, many folks in the numbers geek/game theory crowd are Zorn fans because he tends to make strategic gameday decisions ("go for it" vs. kick, etc.) that are simultaneously roundly criticized by the media yet entirely justifiable according to the applicable probabilities. Zorn is limited by a bad team ... as opposed to a coach like our beloved Dick Jauron, whose win total would likely be in the 6-9 win range no matter where he went.

I'd take Kubiak right now over Jauron,Cable,Mangini,Mora Jr,Haley,McCarthey,Morris,Del Rio,Sporano,Fox,Schwartz,Zorn,Fischer,even Singletary.

If the NFL needs to intervene with the Bills organization, it has to be at the top with the removal of John Guy and Tom Modrak.

This is not in defense of Jauron, rather, it is clear that Ralph feels comfortable with those 2 baffoons to the point that he allows them to stay on even after the factor that brought them onto the team- Tom Donahoe- has not been with the team for a few years now.

I am growing concerned that Ralph is having more of Al Davis moments these days. But instead of Davis' unfortunate case of what appears to be dementia, Ralph is clinging too much to a false sense of continuity at the expense of fielding a strong product on the field.

If some NFL team owner hired me to become head coach of their team and the team went 0-16, is that my fault?

Nope. The blame goes to the idiot who hired me. Zorn and Jauron are symptoms of a disease. They are not the cause.

If some team trades back up into the first round to select John McCargo and he sucks, is that McCargo's fault or the team's fault for drafting him?

If some NFL team owner hired me to become head coach of their team and the team went 0-16, is that my fault?

Nope. The blame goes to the idiot who hired me. Zorn and Jauron are symptoms of a disease. They are not the cause.

If some team trades back up into the first round to select John McCargo and he sucks, is that McCargo's fault or the team's fault for drafting him?

If some NFL team hired me to be head coach, I'd like to be bought ought out after one season.

Then I'd be posting from Singapore or Hong Kong. :thumbsup: