My CD Drive Door won't open!

bbb

I had to stop burning CDs on my old computer because this happened and now it's happening on my new one. The thing sounds like it's really trying to come out, but the door just won't open!

Does anybody know what I can do? (I've tried both manually and by right clicking on it and choosing eject)

I had to stop burning CDs on my old computer because this happened and now it's happening on my new one. The thing sounds like it's really trying to come out, but the door just won't open!

Does anybody know what I can do? (I've tried both manually and by right clicking on it and choosing eject)

Have you rebooted the computer? When you burn a CD/DVD the software tells the OS to lock the drive

If you reboot it will clear the "lock"

If it's still locked, get a paper clip and straighten it out. Look for a tiny pin hole on the drive and put the paper clip in the hole. You'll hit the switch inside and the door will pop open

Crap - the little hole thing had it make a bunch of noise, blinking lights and all that, but the friggin door does not want to open.....Somebody suggested a screwdrive, but I'm not sure where exactly to use that....Do I try to force the door open with it?........Never mind - I just did it and it worked!

Crap - the little hole thing had it make a bunch of noise, blinking lights and all that, but the friggin door does not want to open.....Somebody suggested a screwdrive, but I'm not sure where exactly to use that....Do I try to force the door open with it?........Never mind - I just did it and it worked!

if you are still having trouble...check the little belt drive for the tray. Ive had numerous belts go bad on my disc rom drives